Chapter 36: Closure

"Caleb Unlock your door, we just want to talk, and see how you are" Ivy banged on his bedroom door in the absence of his family who were in London on business, taking Luke with them. Caleb laid on his bed swallowed up in a sea of cushions and blankets with his blinds pulled down blocking out the warm sun. "I'm okay" Caleb yelled back "Well, I beg to differ, you have barricaded yourself in your room" Millie added yelling through the thick door. Grunting Caleb got up and answered the door wearing one of Jacob's hoodies, with the rest of his stuff piled in a large box closed and out of sight and out of mind. "Oh Caleb, this is so sad" Ivy gazed at his mopey appearance "That makes me feel so much better thanks" Caleb sighed climbing back into bed.

Katie nudged Ivy "Oww" Ivy screeched "We have an idea, Ivy suggested which could be quite relaxing and fun, with no boys" Millie sat on his bed, Caleb looked up intrigued "We could visit my Nan's house in York, that's where I went to gather myself, and it really helped" Ivy smiled sitting with Millie smiling "Just do it, we can ditch a day of school, I mean it's friday tomorrow, they won't miss us, and we can spend the weekend there, what do you say?" Katie asked huge smile on her face "I'm fine" Caleb sighed "Caleb, you're going, and you are not having anymore ice cream" Ivy sighed holding a small empty cookie dough ice cream packet. "Fine, that sounds nice" Caleb smiled sitting up ready to get away from his problems.

At Lincoln's house, later, he was sitting with Jacob as well as a few other friends in the back garden enjoying the late evening sun "So a little birdie told us, you broke up with Caleb?" Alex a close friend to Lincoln asked. "Yes, I didn't want to but-" Jacob paused noticing Lincoln's angry expression, and Lincoln was furious on the inside after the past few days, post break up. But suddenly the gate opened and Katie entered looking gorgeous, for their trip away.

Katie stood next to Lincoln kissing him "I just wanted to say bye, before my small getaway" Katie whispered "A getaway, ooh where?" Alex wondered prying "None of your business, but me Ivy, Millie and Caleb are going away for the weekend" Katie glared at a guilty looking Jacob. "I'll text you when we're there" Katie kissed Lincoln "Is he alright?" Jacob wondered equally as heartbroken as Caleb was. "What do you think, Jacob?" Katie crossed her arms with annoyance "Just tell him I'm sorry, please-" Jacob started "Well, I think you have said enough, and for your sake I would leave him alone" Katie barked before storming off and slamming the wooden gate door behind her, sending a chill down their spines'. "That was tense" Alex chuckled and Lincoln got up walking inside the house.

Sitting in the train, the group were all packed and ready for their relaxing and stress free weekend "Yes, Ava I will text you as soon as I get there, I promise" Millie laughed on the phone to Ava who was heading to school. Caleb glanced out of the window as the train started to move and was in deep thought, replaying the break up over and over again, but then he thought about Jacob and how he was feeling at this moment, still caring about him dearly.

But then he touched his small sunflower necklace gifted to him by Jacob and he gasped, then taking it off, placing it in his bag. Ivy and Katie glanced at each other watching Caleb take it off, shocked and saddened. "This may be worse than I thought" Katie whispered "Understatement" Ivy whispered back worried about his cousin deeply.

Jacob was walking into school, passing Owen and Kai, Owen shooting him a frightening glare and Lincoln past him still annoyed with Jacob "Are you alright?" Ava asked worried for her close friend "Not really, everyone is pissed at me, and I really screwed up with Caleb" Jacob regretted his choice, even though he thought this would protect Caleb from more hardship in the future "Why did you break up with him anyway?" Ava asked as they sat in the canteen "I just want him to be happy, and I know a long distance relationship won't do that, I want to protect him" Jacob sighed burying his face in is hands.