Chapter 21: Bonfire

The sound of the shower, filled the empty Perez home and Josh was laying on his bed reading a creased old book from the back of his shelf. And suddenly the shower stopped and there was a brief silence as suddenly a familiar person wondered out of the bathroom his blonde hair damp from the water and the towel around his waist, Josh looked up to see Caleb standing there a mischievous smirk on his face. "Are you just going to lay there? Aren't you going to join me?" Caleb asked smile on his face.
Josh followed him to the bathroom, clothes off and Caleb glanced at him and smiled "Someone seems eager" caleb smiled before pulling him into the hot and steamy shower, locking lips with Josh pulling him closer as the heat from the water steaming up the glass of the cover before Josh looked down at Caleb "Why did you stop?" Caleb looked disappointed.

Josh smirked mischievously before locking lips with him again passionately, before a buzzing filled the room and in that moment Josh woke up on his bed gasping and sweating slightly "Not again" Josh got up walking into the kitchen to get some water and he saw Caleb and Jacob and he gasped "What's wrong with you lately?" Jacob asked noticing his weird behaviour "I'm just tired, that's all" Josh smiled before walking to the sink and filled a glass of water.

"I actually have to go, I'm late for work and with the snow, I should probably leave now" Caleb looked at his watch before kissing Jacob "Bye, Josh" Caleb smiled before dashing out of the door. Josh almost hocked on his water "Are you sure you're ok?" Jacob asked noticing his weird behaviour. "Perfectly fine" Josh darted to his room avoiding Jacob in that moment.

Caleb arrived at the studio, to see Owen sat chatting to Kai at the front desk and Caleb gasped "Oh my god, Owen what are you doing here?" Caleb asked removing his scarf and coat hanging them up. "Oh Caleb what a coincidence, running into you here" Owen giggled "At the place I work at, such a coincidence" Caleb walked behind the counter "Kai! I need you" Their boss screeched from the back, she was currently with a client.

"Caleb?" Owen asked slightly nervous "Oh, you're still here?" Caleb sighed sitting by the till and computer. Owen sat opposite him on a stool "Can I ask you something?" Owen asked and Caleb glanced at him suspiciously "It depends" Caleb sighed eyes back on the computer "I know we have a complicated past" Owen started "Understatement, of the year" Caleb sarcastically added "Do you think I have a chance with Kai?" He asked frantically covering his mouth "Oh, you're being serious, well you two are very different, I mean Kai is very likeable and you, not so much but I do think you two would make a cute couple" Caleb smiled trying to be a nice as possible.

"You really think so?" He smiled leaning on his hand on the counter. "Have you asked him on a date?" Caleb asked intrigued by this unusual pairing "Well, we kind of had a date at the winter fair but we've only been texting since" Owen sighed "Well, I have an idea, and I can't believe I'm helping you, but you and Kai could come to this small bonfire at Ivy's house tonight, the group will be there, but it is a romantic setting around a bonfire" Caleb smiled clicking the keyboard. "That would be great, I'll ask Kai" Owen smiled thankful, and he hadn't felt this type of crush since his long time crush on Jacob a while ago. "Thank you" Owen smiled walking into the back to ask Kai.

Meanwhile, Ivy was sitting with Katie at the hospital, Lincoln was currently busy with his parents. They were sitting in the ward, Ivy passed Katie a warm coffee from the food canteen "How is she?" Ivy asked arm on her friends shoulder "She's actually doing great, she's being released tommorow" Katie smiled knowing the past week has been tough.

"You don't have to come to the bonfire tonight if you don't want too" Ivy sipped her boiling hot coffee "No I want to come, I've been in this ward for nearly a week, I need to go out" Katie smiled "And plus next week, is our long awaited Ski trip" Ivy brought up the trip they had been looking forward too for a long while, Caleb luckily enough managed to buy the last ticket, since the number of people was limited due to the budget and the trip was to Italy. "I'm so excited, especially since it's mine and Linc's last school trip before we graduate" Katie sighed knowing that she wasn't going to uni after graduation.

Caleb texted Ivy quickly "You'll never guess what Caleb just told me" Ivy gasped "What?" Katie asked fascinated "He invited Owen to the bonfire and Owen is dating Kai" Ivy laughed "Wow, how odd" Katie smiled.

"What's wrong, you seem frantic?" Lincoln asked a exhausted Josh "I'm a terrible person" Josh sat on his sofa "What's wrong?" Lincoln wondered intrigued by his comment "I had another steamy dream about Caleb, this time was more graphic" Josh planted his face in his large hands. "I don't want to know any details" Lincoln cringed "How many dreams is this now?" Lincoln asked slightly weary "My fourth" Josh sighed and Lincoln raised his eyebrows "Yep, I'm definitely a bad person, I'm crushing on my brothers boyfriend, what's wrong with me?" Josh looked up not getting Caleb off his mind "I'm not sure, but I think it's best you tell Jacob , because if not this secret is going to weigh on you" Lincoln sipped his warm tea "I'll tell him soon, maybe after the ski trip" Josh sighed realising how bad this will be.

Later on, back at the shop Jacob entered, shaking off the snow and he rushed over to Caleb kissing him holding coffee "My hero" Caleb sipped it realising it was Starbucks "I thought I would drive you home, not the bus" Jacob smiled "Thank you, my Dad is currently using the car for once in his life, because the snow is too bad he can't go to work" Caleb sighed "That sounds awful" Jacob agreed "You're telling me" Caleb grabbed his coat "Bye Kai, see you tonight" Caleb waved as they exited "See you tonight" Kai smirked before sitting by the till, as Caleb's shift ended.

Later on, the sky was dark and the snow had paused and the group was huddled around a reasonable sized bonfire. Caleb entered the garden shutting the wooden door before walking over to the group, who were holding sticks and covered in blankets. They all greeted him, "I have the marshmallows" Caleb smiled holding up the two large packs of marshmallows, placing them with Ivy the host of this gathering "Missed you, shortcake" Jacob kissed him on the forehead as Jacob pulled him close to him wrapping him in a blanket. "I saw you literally five hours ago" Caleb sighed "Still a long time" Jacob hugged him tightly "You two are sickeningly sweet" Ivy smiled sitting by herself surrounded by couples.

"Thanks for inviting us?" Kai thanked Caleb as he and Owen were cuddled together under a thick wool blanket. "No problem, your our friend" Caleb beamed a smile towards Kai.

And in that moment Jacob felt another warm feeling in his chest, but once again he was nervous too say the words, and he definitely didn't want to say it in front of his friends. "Are you alright?" Caleb whispered to a blushing Jacob "Perfectly fine" Jacob kissed him. Millie started roasting her marshmallow over the decent sized flame, when suddenly Caleb's phone rang "Is it ok, if I get it?" He asked Jacob who smiled nodding and Caleb got up walking away. The number was unknown and he answered it putting it against his ear and once again no sound came from the other end, "Hello?" Caleb responded confused by the silence, he could here a short breath before the caller hung up.

Caleb walked back over confused on the brief and quiet exchange. "Who was it?" Jacob asked as they cuddle again "Some prank caller again" Caleb sighed "I hate those, how many have you had?" Millie asked "Four, over the last week, do you think it's the same person?" Caleb wondered "Sounds like a creep, you should block the number" Ava gave advice "I'll do it later" Caleb put his phone away wanting to spend time with his friends. And as the night went on many marshmallows roasted and fun was had. The group eventually left after having a fun and relaxing night.

Jacob layed his head on Caleb's chest as they layed on Caleb's bed blanket on top of them. "Wearing another hoodie of mine?" Jacob smiled looking up and Caleb smiled "Shhh, I can't hear the movie" Caleb smiled "And anyway your wearing my shirt" Caleb smiled "Yeah, it's a bit small for me" Jacob smiled looking at it "Well, I can take it back if you like" Caleb smiled "Not a chance, it's mine now" Jacob laughed "That's fair, I actually have something for you" Caleb smiled as Jacob sat up intrigued "I was going to wait till Christmas but I bought you another gift so I thought I would give you this one a little earlier" Caleb smiled grabbing a small box from under his bed and handed it to Jacob who looked extremely happy "You shouldn't have" Jacob smiled "Just open it dork" Caleb smiled watching Jacob unwrap the gift covered in festive wrapping paper "You really wrap tightly" Jacob difficultly unwrapped the gift to reveal a box and he took the lid off to reveal a picture frame with a picture of them on their first date with the tickets in the frame. "I know it's nothing much, but that date meant so much for me, and-" Caleb started before Jacob pulled him in for a warm hug "It's perfect I-" Jacob started thinking of a certain word "I love.. it" Jacob kissed him before hugging him once again.

Caleb in that moment wanted to say the words but held himself back nervous he wouldn't feel the same. After that exchange they sat on the bed snuggled together watching the Christmas Prince on Netflix, and they both were perfectly content and happy, for now but I'm getting ahead of myself.