Chapter 37: I just want you

Sitting at the counter, Jacob gazed blankly into the distance as he ate cereal, knowing that he only had a few days until he left is school forever and that he would be leaving for London in a few weeks. "Is he alright?" Jorge wondered sitting next to Jacob whispering to Marco who was equally as confused "Leave him alone, he's still heart broken" Marco slapped Jorge on the back.

But then Jacob got up and stormed away up the stairs and into his bedroom. "Well done" Marco sighed shovelling cereal into his mouth. "I'm going to pick up Ivy" Jorge beamed a large smile before exiting the house, and Marco smiled too, happy for his siblings, but was worried deeply about Jacob who looked crushed.

Driving along the busy streets, as it was a early morning, and there were cars in lines, parents rushing their kids to school, or people late for work, filling the road with traffic. "We're definitely going to be late" Ivy smiled as Jorge glanced at her, kissing her "What was that for?" Ivy wondered confused by the exchange "Oh no particular reason, I just love you" Jorge smiled "I love you too, Jorge Perez" Ivy kissed him back when suddenly the traffic began to shift slightly.

The group slowly formed, for lunch after an intense few lessons, outside enjoying the warm and golden sun. "I can't believe, we're graduating in a few days, it just doesn't feel real" Katie sighed realizing these were her last days at this school and her next chapter really began. "It's scary, but also really exciting" Lincoln kissed her holding Katie's hand tightly.

"I know, this could be the last time we sit on this bench together" Millie added saddened "Oh, Babe there are many other places we can hang out" Ava laughed hugging her tightly "You're  right, it's just sad to think about" Millie added "I know, it's going to be weird" Caleb smiled noticing Jacob was walking over tray in hand.

They all looked nervous, but Caleb stood up "I'll see you guys later" Caleb stormed off as Jacob grew near. "I'll go and see if he's alright" Katie got up following Caleb away  "Give it time, Jacob" Ava smiled knowing they didn't have a lot of time left, before his venture into the city.

"You know you can't avoid him forever" Katie walked behind Caleb trying to catch up with him "Watch me try" Caleb chuckled "Not the point" Katie sprinted in front of him stopping them both. "At least come to the Football game tonight, it would mean so much to Linc, as well as someone else" Katie smiled knowing how important this game was to them.

"I will go for Lincoln" Caleb sighed caring about his cousin but also was nervous he would bump into a certain someone. And he knew Jacob would wat him there, Caleb knew he wanted to be there for Jacob, even if they were not together.

Hours past and the night grew, and the school stadium was full with students as well as their parents excited because it was the final game of the season. Jacob was perched on the bench looking nervous as well as distracted "I'm sorry, for icing you out for the last few days, but I was just angry, because I was so worried about Caleb, but I do care about you as well, you are my best friend, Jacob and I can't wait for Uni, doing it together" Lincoln smiled and Jacob smirked a small smile back and they hugged for a split second, before a loud whistle silenced the crowd for a split second.

Caleb was walking through the entrance and was about to walk over to the bleachers, to meet his friends. When suddenly a strong arm pulled him back "Caleb, can we talk for a quick second?" Jamal asked with a sympathetic expression "Make it quick, because I'm really not in a good mood" Caleb smiled sarcastically "Did you read the file thing?" Jamal wondered.

"Yes, and don't worry I destroyed it, and that was in the past, so your completely forgiven" Caleb smiled and Jamal smiled back "I know you don't trust me that much anymore, with good reason, but I haven't seen you so happy when you're with Jacob, and you deserve to be happy, and anyone can see how much you too love each other, so I think you should at least think about giving Jacob another chance" Jamal wisely explained wanting Caleb to be happy, and he knew Jacob made him very happy and that's all Jamal wanted.

"Thank you" Caleb smiled sincerely hugging a suited up Jamal. And Jamal hugged him tightly ready to move on, "I think you're needed, out there" Caleb smiled knowing exactly what he needed to do. Jamal saluted him jokingly before sprinting onto the field.

Caleb had joined his friends, to watch the final game and in that moment Caleb wanted to just walk over to Jacob who was already on the pitch and confess his feelings as well as apologise but he reframed letting him enjoy the game. "You look happy" Ivy smiled confused on what changed his expression change. "I just gained a new perspective" Caleb smiled watching the game begin.

Caleb watched the game from afar, eyes glued on Jacob cheering him on from the stands and watched him skillfully play against the other team.

A few minutes remained  of the game with Jacob's team in the lead, and Jacob was dribbling the ball quickly glancing at the bleachers noticing Caleb cheering him on and he smiled, scoring the winning goal.

The crowed roared and cheered as the ball flew into the net, Jacob's team winning. "Well done, buddy" Lincoln patted him on the shoulder. Before Jacob started to run away to the entrance Caleb also followed passing people as he rushed to the bottom. And they ran to each other by the entrance to the small stadium.

Caleb wore his sunflower necklace, even despite their brief time apart. Caleb jumped into Jacob's arms and Jacob spun around Kissing him. "I'm so sorry Jacob, I was just hurt, but as hard as I tired to hate you, I couldn't  because I love you too much to do that" Caleb started to tear up whilst in Jacob's embrace "I love you so much shortcake, and that will never change, and I will never let you go again" Jacob teared up as well enjoying the warmth between them.

"I don't know what our future holds Jacob, but I know that I want to be with you, even if we have to go long distance, and I know we can make it work, if we try" Caleb smiled and that was exactly what Jacob wanted to hear in that moment. And they kissed passionately, noticing a loud applause and cheer from their friends, who were cheering from the stand.

"Keep your eyes closed"  Caleb stood on his tip toes his hands covering Jacob's eyes as they strolled further to Jacob's spot which was decorated with a picnic blanket and Candles which brightened the dark evening as well as reflect of the dark and beautiful lake. Caleb took his hands away and Jacob gasped "I know it's not much, but I wanted to celebrate you, graduating" Caleb smiled his eyes sparkling from the reflection of the brightly lit candles. Jacob scooped Caleb up hugging him tightly "I love it and I love you" Jacob seriously spoke, loving this gesture.

"So lighting these candles, is that why I had to cover my eyes for six minutes" Jacob smirked "Oh shut up, and sit down I actually baked some deserts for you to try" Caleb smiled as they sat on the thick blanket.

Jacob looked nervous at the sight of his dessert's knowing knowing Caleb wasn't the best chef around "What's with the face?" Caleb wondered "Are your pastries safe to eat?" Jacob chuckled and Caleb sarcastically laughed as well "Oh piss off" Caleb bit into his cupcake and looked mortified "Want a tissue?" Jacob giggled and Caleb nodded spitting into the napkin "Oh I'm sorry I thought they tasted good" Caleb looked weary "It's the thought that counts" Jacob held his hands before kissing him. "How about, we go and get a McDonald's a little later on?" Jacob whispered "That sounds perfect" Caleb smiled turning his gaze to the dark sky. 
And they sat there for a long time watching the stars as well as other things.