Chapter 17: You give me Butterflies

Later that Night, Jamal dropped Caleb off back at his house "So are you going to tell me what happened tonight?" Jamal asked concerned "No, I'm not" Caleb sighed tired "Well, then I wanted to say goodbye, for good this time" Jamal sighed realising the right thing to do was move on, not just for Caleb but for himself too.

"What?" Caleb turned around surprised and slightly saddened "What does that mean?" Caleb asked confused as he got off Jamal's motorcycle "You were right before, I think it is best if we both move on, and I'm glad you found Jacob, genuinely seems like a good guy" Jamal sighed "You're right he is a good guy" Caleb smiled knowing that was true "I hope you find happiness Jamal" Caleb kissed him on the cheek "Goodbye, Caleb" He smiled misty eyed starting the engine "Goodbye Jamal" Caleb smiled knowing that this could possibly be the last time he would see Jamal, but it wouldn't be the last time he would see Jamal, but that's for another time.

Jamal sped away, driving into the crisp night air leaving mist behind him as he drove away. And as Caleb stood there in the late evening he felt a sort of closure, and he felt lighter, but he still was confused on what he should do with Jacob. But for now, he simply walked into his bedroom and fell onto his bed falling asleep.

The next morning, Caleb was walking out of starbucks coffee in hand when he saw Jacob outside and he sighed as he entered. This encounter was not planned but was fitting, "Caleb? Can we talk?" Jacob smiled with a worried expression on his face. Caleb nodded as they wondered to the alley next to Starbucks. They sat on the bench alone. "What did my Dad say to you? And why did you leave with Jamal?" Jacob blurted out slightly messy.

"I left with Jamal, because I needed a ride home, and for your dad he basically said I was a mess, and I am dragging you down" Caleb answered swiftly sipping his coffee and Jacob was surprised "He's not wrong, I am a mess and I don't want to drag you down with me, you deserve so much better" Caleb sighed remembering the words exactly.

Jacob pulled Caleb's free hand to his warm chest "Please, listen you are not a mess, you are perfect just the way you are, you are my sunflower" Jacob started smiling "And you are not dragging me down at all, if anything, you make me so happy" Jacob kissed his hand looking at him "Are you sure?" Caleb asked doubt riddled his face and Jacob kissed him passionately "Does that answer your question?" Jacob smirked "You may have to try again" Caleb smiled as they locked lips again, and Caleb leaned into Jacob' embrace as they sat there for a few minutes in silence, which said more than words could ever describe.

Meanwhile, at Ivy and Lincoln's house, Lincoln was sitting with Josh as they were watching the football on the tv and they did often spend time together almost as much as Linc did with Jacob. Josh was zoning out half the time and Lincoln could tell. "What's wrong?" Lincoln asked muting the game, turning sideways to face Josh who was back "It's nothing" Josh sighed wanting to confide in someone but he wasn't sure who to talk too. "Tell me" Lincoln asked seriously. "I had a weird dream or dreams about... Caleb and I'm not sure what it means" Josh blurted out and Lincoln looked shocked yet confused.

"You had dreams about Caleb?" Lincoln sighed covering his mouth slightly horrified "I know, I'm a bad person, I'm a bad person"Josh sighed realising he has been fantasizing about his brother's boyfriend. "Have to told Jacob?" Lincoln asked confused still. "Of course not, what does it mean?" Josh asked again "I think it means, you may have a crush on Caleb" Lincoln sighed "I mean we have had a few encounters, and I've felt like a awkward mess" Josh sighed as well head leaning back "Yep, definitely a crush" Lincoln smirked sipping his beverage. "Ooh who has a crush?" Katie asked sitting with Lincoln "Oh nothing" Josh blurted "Can I tell her?" Lincoln asked not liking to keep secrets "No, she'll tell him" Josh whispered "I can keep my mouth shut" Katie made a zip gesture "Fine" Josh blushed "Josh, seems to be crushing on Caleb" Lincoln sighed a little weary knowing Josh's reputation.

"I did not see that coming " Katie gasped "What should I do?"Josh asked "Nothing, I mean you've seen how happy Jacob is, and I'm sure it's only lust, a lust kind of crush, I mean we've all had those, for me Timothee Chalamet" Katie smiled sitting with Lincoln and Lincoln looked shocked "What I loved him in Ladybird" Katie defended her point. "Maybe, you're right" Josh agreed hoping that was the case, because if not things could get even more complicated.

"I cannot believe he's gone, like for real he's gone forever?" Millie asked Caleb "That's what he said, he stated that we both need to move on and that he's happy for me before driving away" Caleb added sipping his drink "Wow, that's actually very mature of him" Ivy smiled changing her opinion of him slightly.

"Ivy, I have news" Millie added slightly nervous "What?" Ivy asked "Last night, me and Ava saw Connor getting really close to this girl" Millie sighed "What? That quickly?" Ivy gasped hurt by how fast he has apparently moved on with some other girl "Maybe, he was just being friendly" Caleb tried to make her feel better but it was no use. "Maybe, but they did seem you know" Millie sighed and Ivy looked heartbroken "Well, good for him" Ivy threw her drink into the bin aggressively and they shook a little worried. Caleb stood there for a split second and remembered how much pain cheating brought him, and hoped Connor was ok. He knew Ivy didn't purposely hurt Connor, but he knew what she did was wrong, and realised it was a mistake to tell Ivy otherwise.

"That's not good" Caleb sighed whispering to Millie "Not at all" Millie agreed "I mean what she did was bad, like really bad but I hope she's ok" Millie looked down wanting to be there for her friend.  "I know, what Ivy did was awful, but she knows that but I am glad Conner seems to be okay, considering everything" Caleb smiled knowing the feeling of being cheated on. "I mean he could do better than Gretchen, but you're right" Millie winked before they continued to follow Ivy through town.

Later on, it was nearly 8 PM, A knock arose on Jacob's door, Jorge answered it to see Ivy looking disappointed. They gazed at each other for a split second "Do you wan to come in?" Jorge asked noticing her facial expression.

Meanwhile Caleb was laying on Jacob's bare chest on Caleb's bed, with the house being empty. Caleb looked up at Jacob who had a smile on his face "What?" Caleb asked "Nothing, I'm just happy" Jacob kissed him "Me too" Caleb agreed as they both in that moment felt relieved and genuinely happy.