Chapter 34: Fake Happy

Ivy woke up next to Jorge who had his head in a old looking book "Good morning, beautiful" Jorge kissed her and she smiled "Good morning" Ivy replied smiling at the sound of his comment. Ivy laid there for a few minutes her gaze looking up at the ceiling, Jorge glanced at her noticing that she was looking up at the ceiling "Is everything alright?" He wondered putting his book down. Ivy sat up and gazed at him "I'm not sure, actually" Ivy sighed not knowing how she felt in this moment, after the last couple of months. "Is there anything I can do?" He wondered rubbing her back looking at her tired expression "No, but I think I know what I need to do" Ivy smiled kissing him on the cheek before getting up, gathering her jacket before exiting his room. "What does that mean?" He beamed knowing Ivy was already gone.

Strolling down the staircase Ivy noticed Caleb sitting at the counter, whilst Jacob was showering "What's up with you?" Ivy asked sitting opposite him "Jack had a envelope delivered about Jamal, and he's a lot more complicated than I thought" Caleb sighed "I don't know, what that means, but I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems" Ivy smiled "I'm sure you're right, "I actually am going out of town for the weekend" Ivy smiled knowing what she needed to do "Where?" Caleb asked curious to her mysterious plans "I'm going to my other Grandma's house in York" Ivy smiled before leaving "Have a good time" Caleb asked confused on what was happening based on her ominous plans.

Ivy sat on the train for around two hours, on her way to York for the weekend, knowing she just needed to get away for a few days to figure a few things out. "I'll be fine, mum I know Gran is out of town, that's why I'm going, I asked and she said I could" Ivy smiled on the phone to her mother. "I know, I'll be fine and I will be back before school, I promise" Ivy smiled ending the call. And Ivy sat on the busy train and started to gaze at the view passing her by out of the window, smiling at the beautiful views, she realised that this was something she needed to do. Needing to get away for a while. A few texts were exchanged with Jorge, on her plans for the weekend.

Arriving at York, Ivy stood outside breathing in the crisp air before strolling down the street bag in hand taking in the beautiful city, on her way to her Grandma's house passing many beautiful houses and shops as well entering a small market filled with stalls, with people crowding around them. It was a nice moment, with Ivy glancing at the stalls, when she suddenly stopped at a flower stall bending down to smell some pink roses. "There lovely aren't they" A soft voice spoke and she turned around standing up to see a shorter girl behind her, she was slightly older than her, with long dark hair.

"They are, and so is the market" Ivy smiled taking in the sights. "I'm guessing, you're not a local" The woman smiled and Ivy smiled back "No, just visiting I'm from more East" Ivy chuckled "Visiting someone?" She asked "Not really, I'm staying at my grandma's  for the weekend" Ivy answered "Escaping something... Or someone?" The woman replied "I wouldn't say escape, more self care trip" Ivy added "I love that, you do look familiar" She added inspecting Ivy's face "By any chance is your Gran Alison Highland?" The woman asked "Actually, yes" Ivy laughed at the knowledge "Well, it's nice to meet you-" She started "Ivy" she responded "Nice to meet you Ivy, I'm Tamara" She winked picking up a bunch of the pink roses paying for them. Tamara passed them to Ivy "You didn't have to" Ivy thanked her slightly weary "It's my pleasure, Ivy Highland" Tamara smiled before wondering away, exploring the market. Ivy smiled back, cheeks warm and she sniffed the flowers before walking away.

Opening the black gate, Ivy stepped into the large driveway, walking to the front door, grabbing the spare key under the ugly looking gnome which had 'Welcome' across it. Unlocking the door to the large house, Ivy entered into the cottage feeling inside, which looked completely different from the outside and she could feel the warmth, as well as smelling the faint smell of her Grandma's classic perfume, she basically bathed in.

"Just like I remembered it" Ivy smiled placing her back on the wooden  floor and walked into the kitchen with the flowers in hand as well as a small grocery bag filled with food, she purchased at the market. Using the metallic tap, Ivy poured water into a glass vase, and she briefly gazed at the beautiful view of her Gran's garden with the sun shining on it. Ivy cut down the ends of the roses before, placing them in the vase "There we go" Ivy tilted her head staring at the perfectly co-ordinated roses.

Ivy walked into the spacious living room, and sat on the sofa looking around blankly "What now?" Ivy said to herself. But hours has past, and Ivy had binged box sets left by her Grandma, and as the night arrived, Ivy marched into the kitchen, starving. "Ok, Let's put food tech to good use" Ivy smiled emptying the grocery bag looking at her ingredients she had selected.

"And done" Ivy panted finishing her long dish making a bolognese, but then suddenly a door bell rang, answering it, Ivy saw Tamara standing there with a pie in hand "Are you ok?" Tamara asked noticing her messy appearance, after her cooking session "Oh I'm doing good, what brings you here?" Ivy asked wondering how she knew she was here.

"Well, I help your Grandma, with her garden a lot, I'm quite handy when I'm not at college" Tamara smirked "And I thought, you might need company" She added "Actually, that sounds really nice" Ivy smiled as Tamara entered walking into the kitchen to see the sink full and a bolognese made "And you're good a cooking, is there anything you can't do" Tamara joked "Move on apparently" Ivy joked placing the pie next to the vase of roses.

"The roses look good there" Tamara noticed the roses "Thank you again for those" Ivy smiled preparing another bowl of bolognese for Tamara. "No problem really" Tamara added. And they sat outside, in the early evening on the patio with the light on them "Wow, that's tough" Tamara gasped biting into her meal as Ivy explained the last couple of months "Understatement" Ivy smirked "So that's why you're here?" Tamara nodded "I just needed some time to figure everything out" Ivy added watching the sky become darker. "So your dating, this Jorge guy now?" Tamara asked "Kind of, it's complicated but it feels good, which is good for me at the moment" Ivy added as they finished their meals, and slowly made it back indoors.

"Thank you for coming tonight, I really needed this" Ivy smiled as they reached the front door and Tamara turned around "Good luck Ivy, it was really nice to meet you, I hope we can meet again soon" Tamara smirked as they hugged. Tamara walked out of the house "But for what it's worth, I think your doing just fine" Tamara smiled  before walking down the driveway, and walking away waving before leaving.

Ivy laid on the sofa, putting on a box set of a old show her Grandma had. Ivy slowly fell asleep covered in a warm blanket.
The next morning, after another long day of relaxation, Ivy was ready to go home and  face what she left behind her. But as rain suddenly fell Ivy borrowed her Grandma's umbrella and walked to the train station, to wait for her train. Ivy marched through the busy station to see her train was already gone "Son of a bitch" Ivy grunted  walking back outside, waiting on a by the bus stop, to be sheltered away from the rain.

Hours had past and as she sighed waiting, a familiar car showed up and Jorge exited running to the bus stop being drenched by the rain. "Sorry, traffic was a bitch" Jorge kissed her "Thank you for coming, to pick me up" Ivy hugged him before they walked over to his car "Jorge?" Ivy stood as the rain fell. "Yes?" He asked confused as his hair became damp "I'm all in, I love you Jorge Perez and I don't think that ever went away" Ivy clutched her umbrella. And Jorge shut the door and walked over to her picking her up, and Ivy dropped her umbrella  onto the wet ground "I love you, Ivy Highland Stokeo" Jorge kissed her back  and they hugged tightly as  the rain became heavy.