Chapter 10: Perfect

Caleb laid in his bed staring at the ceiling, today was his 17th birthday, Caleb didn't really care for his birthday that much in comparison to others, like Ivy who always threw a large party every year, each party better than the last. He checked his phone to see many messages from family and friends.

I mean his parents were away once more, but they did send a birthday message. Caleb got up, to wake up his little brother Luke, who would usually travel with his parents but this time he stayed with Caleb, this time. "Happy birthday!" He yelled hugging his older brother who smiled in gratitude "Thank you, now you better get dressed I have to drop you at school" Caleb sighed "But you're an awful driver" Luke laughed before jumping up the stair case.

Ivy called him "Happy birthday!" Ivy yelled through the phone "Thank you Ivy" Caleb thanked her "So what do you want to do for your birthday?" Ivy asked hoping he would change his mind "Oh nothing I might binge Netflix, eat some garbage and borrow some of my parents alcohol in which they never touch... the perfect birthday" Caleb smiled "Oh that's sad" Ivy sighed a little saddened by his big plans "Ok thank you Ivy" Caleb hung up as Luke jumped down the stairs holding a bike helmet in his hand "Are you serious?" Caleb asked a little insulted "I would like to make it to secondary school" Luke laughed "Just get in the car" Caleb sighed as they left the house into the chilled October air.

He arrived at school, parking his car when he turned round to see Jacob and he gasped "Are you ok?" Jacob asked leaned against Caleb's window "Yep" Caleb got out slamming the door "Is that a bike helmet?" Jacob asked noticing the helmet Luke used. "it's my brothers, he doesn't exactly trust my driving" Caleb looked slightly embarrassed "Good idea, can I use it" Jacob joked "Oh piss off" Caleb barked as they walked into school, when Owen stood in front of them arms behind his back "Hi, Caleb I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, 17 wow" Owen smiled as Caleb shot him a death stare before he trotted away into the hallowed halls.

"Wait? it's your birthday?" Jacob asked frozen in the hallway "Why didn't you tell me?" Jacob asked a little hurt "Because I don't really like my birthday, it's not a big deal" Caleb said about to walk away when Jacob gently grabbed his arm "Can we at least be together tonight?" Jacob "Trust me I would love too, but I have to babysit Luke, while my parents are out of town" Caleb sighed walking away into the hallway "This conversation isn't over" Jacob gently yelled down the hallway as Caleb quickly strolled away.

School flew by, Caleb was exiting the building when Jacob stood by Caleb's car frightening him slightly "You need to stop doing that" Caleb sighed "I have a plan" Jacob smiled arms crossed "Oh that doesn't sound good, no offense" Caleb smiled walking to his car "Josh has offered to babysit Luke and that means I can take you to see a movie" Jacob smiled proud of his simple plan "Well done" Caleb smiled noticing Jacob's pause to wait for an answer "Fine, but only a movie" Caleb sighed and Jacob pounced on him hugging him tightly happy that he agreed.
It was 7pm and Caleb was at Jacob's house "Ok Luke be good, we'll be back in a few hours ok?" He hugged his brother "Thanks for doing this Josh?" Caleb smiled "No problem, I'm a amazing babysitter" Josh joked remembering that he basically raised his brothers.

Jacob was driving through town and noticed Caleb's blank expression "What's wrong?" Jacob asked "Oh nothing, It's just.. Thank you for this" Caleb smiled "Well what were your plans for tonight anyway?" Jacob wondered "Binge halloween films on Netflix and getting off my face with lots of my parents alcohol" Caleb smiled "Wow, that does sound a lot of fun, if I liked horror movies" Jacob smiled and CAleb turned around quickly "Wait? you're scared of horror films?" Caleb smiled "Don' judge, it's just that they are terrifying" Jacob shivered and then Caleb kissed him on the cheek.

They arrived at the cinema, when he saw his friends standing outside, "Hey, guys" Caleb smiled "Happy birthday" Lincoln smiled at him arm around Katie who also wished him a happy birthday earlier. "This is gonna be so fun" Millie said standing next to Caleb whilst the others got the tickets "I agree, this is a good birthday idea, simple but fun" Caleb smiled content with tonights festivities. "It's about time, you celebrate your birthday, Jacob's really having an effect on you" Millie chuckled joking slightly. She was right, Jacob did hae an effect of Caleb, making him more open and he liked that, feeling safe with him.

They found their seats in the packed cinema ready to watch a newly released movie, "Are you ok? I know you don't like horror?" Caleb asked and Jacob smiled in return "With you here, I will be" Jacob smirked as Caleb held his hand and leaned his head on Jacob's shoulder as the movie started to roll and it was a scary movie well, at least to Jacob, who held onto Caleb the whole time. Jacob shivered frightened by what was on the screen and Caleb placed his arm around Jacob pulling him close, Jacob enjoyed the intimacy and felt a little better. As the two hour long movie came to a close the group enjoyed the horrific movie.

"That was amazing" Ava smiled arm around Millie kissing her on the cheek "I'm definitely watching that again" Millie agreed enjoying that film a lot. "Do you know what will make tonight even better?" Ivy looked at her friends who looked confused. "A McDonald's" Ivy pointed to the empty establishment across the street "It definitely would" Caleb agreed, walking over. As they entered they noticed the place was empty, probably because it was rather late, but as the group sat around one large table Caleb and Millie went to order everyone's meals.

"This is delicious" Lincoln chewed on a quarter pounder "Don't rush" Katie wiped away a bit of sauce from his cheek "So is everyone going to the Halloween party, at school?" Ivy asked wanting to know everyone's plans, they all nodded "I bought are tickets" Jacob smiled "I could of-" Caleb answered unaware of the purchase "I know, but I wanted too" Jacob smiled biting into his burger, whilst Caleb was enjoying his chips. "Thank you" Caleb smiled and Jacob winked back.

"Well, more importantly, who is everyone going as?" Katie asked intrigued "Well, Caleb is going a Wanda Maximoff and I'm going as Loki" Jacob smiled winking at Caleb "Not a couple, but I ship them" Ivy smiled "I'm going as Robin from stranger things and Connor will go as Steve, I know they're not a couple but they are the best" Ivy smiled "I'm going to be Batwoman, played by the stunning Javicia Leslie" Millie smirked loving the hero "Oh love her" Caleb agreed Batwoman was one of his favourite heroes. "I'm going as Captain Marvel, because she's a badass" Ava clapped "Fact" Katie added "And we are going as Bonnie and Clyde" Linc kissed her on the forehead "Ahh Cute" Jacob smiled.
And as Caleb got back home, his brother ran up to his bedroom, to go to sleep.

Jacob stood in the door frame "Thank you for tonight I loved it" Caleb kissed him hugging him tightly "Can I stay tonight?" Jacob wondered "Of course" Caleb smiled shutting the door behind him.
Caleb woke up, to see Jacob had vanished from his bed and he heard a loud crash come from the kitchen, so he darted down the stairs to the kitchen to see it messy drenched in flower and dough. He saw a messy Jacob covered in Flour and Luke also drenched in flower "What are you two doing in here?" Caleb smiled leaning against the door frame.

They gasped and Luke pushed Caleb back into the living room. "You can't see" Luke yelled. "I hope you're gonna clean up after, because I'm not" Caleb smiled as he noticed as Jacob entered the living room holding a small handmade cake covered in bright blue icing and the letters 17 on them. Caleb smiled at the gesture, because of how sweet it was. Jacob placed it on the table, Luke keeping his eye on their dog. "Omg I love this, thank you" Caleb smiled blowing out the candles. Jacob and Luke highfived. Caleb got up brushing the flour off Jacob's cheek "This was really, sweet, thank you" Caleb kissed him and Jacob picked him up hugging him tightly kissing him. "Ah gross" Luke flinched "Oh go get cleaned up" Caleb yelled as Luke darted up the stairs "How are you so sweet" Caleb asked feeling lucky to have Jacob in his life "It's part f my charm" He joked as they sat on the sofa. "Just wait until you're birthday" Caleb smiled "Oh it's not a competition" Jacob laughed "We'll see" Caleb kissed him "I'm excited now" Jacob responded slightly excited for his upcoming birthday.

"Oh I cannot wait for Halloween" Caleb smiled excited for the party, even though something quite unexpected will occur at that party, which will cause some chaos.