Chapter 35: Deep Down

"Come back to bed" Jacob yawned laying on Caleb's bed but Caleb held the envelope in his hand not sure on what he should do with it, knowing that this didn't matter now as well as the details being Jamal's secrets as well as Jack trying to interfer from miles away.

He didn't want to give Jack the satisfaction, so he ripped the envelope in pieces  before shoving them in the bin. "Coming" Caleb smiled letting that go, to enjoy the last two weeks with Jacob before summer begins. Caleb crawled into bed with a shirtless Jacob. Pulling him close Jacob kissed him on the cheek "I think we need to talk, about what happens after summer" Jacob whispered knowing this was a soar subject "I know, you're right we do have to discuss it, and I know long distance will be tough, but I know we'll be able to handle it" Caleb smiled looking up at Jacob his head planted on his chest.

Jacob desperately wanted this to be true, but he was still worried, that it will be harder than they both think. "You're right, we can handle it, because I've never felt this love towards anyone, but you" Jacob kissed him hugging Caleb tightly,

The next morning, Katie was sitting in her kitchen eating her cereal as she scrolled through instagram, when she could hear her mother slowly step down the stairs, still recovering slowly. "Are you alright mum?" Katie wondered as her mother entered the kitchen at a slow pace "I'm good, thank you honey" She replied softly walking over to the sink to pour herself a cup of water. But then her mum dropped the glass of water and swayed slightly, Katie pouncing towards her, holding her up "Are you alright?" Katie gasped worried "I'm ok, I just felt a little dizzy, I'll clean that up" She sighed exhausted and Katie stopped her. "Please go and sit down, I'll clean this up and I'll bring you a tea" Katie kissed her on the forehead, worried dearly. 

"Oh my god, is she alright?" Millie asked Katie "She seems so, I think it may be the medication, she's taking" katie sighed stressed "I'm so sorry that happened" Caleb added as they sat at the benches eating lunch. "My Dad's taking her to her appointment later anyway, so we'll see what the doctor says" Katie sighed as they briefly hugged hearing the troubling news.

"Can we please talk about something else" Katie added "Well, Me and Ava spent the weekend in London, getting ready for when she moves" Millie smiled describing their small trip. "Long distance is going to be tough" Millie sighed nervous for after summer knowing just as much as them, how tough long distance was on relationships. "I guess, we'll all be doing long distance relationships, after summer" Katie added knowing that was true. "It is going to be tough, won't it?" Caleb wondered thinking of his conversation with Jacob last night.

Meanwhile, football was being played across the damp green pitch. Jacob dribbled the ball across the pitch passing it to Lincoln who luckily scored as they were practising for their last game of the season. "I can't believe, this will be our last game" Lincoln sighed enjoying itt while he still can "It's freaky right" Jacob smirked as they walked over to the bench to have a drink and a rest after playing for an hour.

"Especially since, we have just under two weeks till we leave" Lincoln gasped sipping from his water bottle "Are you doing alright, man?" Lincoln asked noticing Jacob stare into the distance "I'm just thinking about, what happens when we move to London, I'm just worried about going long distance with Caleb" Jacob sighed elbows dug into his knees. "You're not the only one, and it will be tough, but you love Caleb and he loves you, so you two will fine" Lincoln smiled also realising how they all would be going long distance. "You're right, I do love Caleb, so I know what I need to do" Jacob sighed  getting up and Lincoln looked confused by that very ominous statement.

Sitting on the grass outside, near the benches Kai and Owen hugged tightly sitting with each other enjoying each others company "I could stay here forever" Kai smiled as they held each others hands resting on the ground "Me too, These last few months have been amazing" Owen admitted even though he didn't want to admit it. "I bet that was hard to say, than you" Kai kissed Owen who blushed rapidly "You're lucky your cute" Owen sighed and Kai chuckled "Guilty is charged" Kai raised his hands in the air and smirked. "Oh shut up" Owen smiled pulling Kai in for a hug as they sat together, before the bell would go off, signalling them to go to class.

Walking out to the field, Caleb was going to meet Jacob who texted him a few minutes prior. He looked around, when he spotted Jacob sitting on the bleachers with a saddened expression on his face and in that moment Caleb felt nervous on what could happen next. "Why did you call me here" Caleb asked sitting next to Jacob who looked deadly serious as Caleb's expression changed, matching Jacob's.

"Can we talk?" Jacob sighed looking at Caleb his eyes red, looking like he had cried recently "You're scaring me now, what's wrong?" Caleb asked frightened by his facial expression. "You know our brief talk last night?" Jacob started, Caleb nodded in response "It got me thinking, and I talked with Lincoln earlier it helped me realise something" Jacob continued as Caleb's heartbeat sped up quickly hooked on every word.

"What are you trying to say Jacob?" Caleb asked worried about the answer knowing what he was about to say "I'm sorry Caleb-" Jacob started crying his eyes glistening as the sun started to drop. "Are you breaking up with me?" Caleb gasped his heart broken, as tears started to fall down his cheek "I know how tough long distance relationships are as well as what often happens, and I don't want that to happen to us, not like that, you deserve something a little easier" Jacob cried finding it hard to talk.

"So you just want to give up?" Caleb gasped confused yet angry "I just want you to be happy, and I hope someday, you'll see that, but just know how much you mean to me, I love you so much" Jacob hugged Caleb who was still. "I'm sorry, I really  am" Jacob kissed him on the forehead "Just go" Caleb ordered heartbroken, speaking with a emotionless tone, hiding how upset he really was. Jacob  wiped away a tear before slowly walking away, he too was heartbroken knowing this was not what he wanted, but what he thought would make Caleb happier, than what could happen. Caleb sat on the bleachers, crying his heart out.

Katie approached the bleachers, wondering where Caleb was to find him sobbing alone. "Oh my god, what's wrong?" Katie wondered sitting next to him "Jacob broke up with me" Caleb sighed and Katie asked not expecting that. Katie pulled Caleb in for a hug "I'm so sorry, Caleb" Katie sighed wiping away a tear, as Caleb started to cry rapidly, his heart shattered.