Chapter 18: Party Animal

Caleb walked into the back of Ivy's garden where his family was perched sitting around the outdoor table and chairs. His parents and grandparents as well as Aunt and Uncle sat around the table. "Finally, you showed up" Caleb's mother smiled sipping her warm coffee "Oh I do apologise, I was working" Caleb smiled sarcastically sitting with them "Enough of the sarcasm" She replied knowing him too well and Caleb rolled his eyes.

"You could of dressed up" His dad replied "Well, excuse me I had to work and I for sure wasn't going to where my best clothes, so if you'll excuse me I need a drink" Caleb got up walking into the kitchen and Ivy followed "I think you look nice" Ivy smiled "Thanks Ivy, what do you want?" Caleb asked making a coffee fighting the freezing air "I need a favour" Ivy asked and Caleb paused a little nervous "Can you come to this party tonight, with me?" Ivy asked "A party where?" Caleb replied with a question "At this cabin at the edge of town, a guy invited me and I don't want to go alone" Ivy answered "A cabin at the edge of town? Seriously?" Caleb chuckled. "Please come" Ivy looked at him with sad eyes "I'll go" Caleb agreed "But don't you think you should wait a few more weeks before dating again?" Caleb wondered "I treated Connor awfully, I know what I did was awful, cheating on him with Jorge and I'm glad he's moving on, I just think I need to as well" Ivy smiled helping Caleb make them coffee.

"On another topic, why didn't you invite Jacob, to this get together? I mean Lincoln invited Katie?" Ivy asked a little nosy "Because, the whole family is here, it's weird" Caleb sighed "I thought your parents love him" Ivy sighed a little shocked "Oh they do, they have made that clear, I swear they love him more than me, but that's not the point, One step at a time" Caleb smiled walking back into the garden and out of the kitchen.

Caleb was sitting at the end of the garden with Ivy and Katie, "Katie, do you want to come to this party tonight with me and Ivy, to a random cabin in town?" Caleb asked "As fun as that sounds I have plans, Millie's also busy, double dates" Katie smiled "Bummer, so it's just us" Ivy smiled "Yep, the Stokeo clan" Caleb smiled and they laughed in response to that weird line.

"Also unrelated but why are we having a picnic thing in the this freezing weather?" Ivy asked s they had blankets around them "Fuck knows, but I heard we might have lots of snow this year, exciting" Caleb cheered a huge fan of snow "Oh joy" Katie smiled unenthusiastic "Also we live in the UK we haven't had proper snow in like six years, it's not going to happen" Ivy corrected him but then suddenly little flakes of snow, fell and Caleb looked smug "That did not just happen" Ivy gasped "Yess!" Caleb smiled holding his hand out.

"Also on other news, my old school just emailed me earlier inviting me to this weird little reunion like get together" Caleb started "Should I go?" Caleb asked a little worried if he should or not "Definitely, show off to them how well you're doing now" Ivy sipped her coffee as they sat in the falling snow "I don't know, it seems a bad idea to me, I mean you know who might be there" Katie sighed realising that was a possibility "Good point, but I think I need to do this, so I can put it behind me" Caleb smiled taking the high road.

Katie seemed nervous, "Are you alright?" Caleb asked "Have you noticed that Lincoln has been acting strangely?" Katie asked glancing at a blank looking Lincoln who then smiled back "No, he seems fine to me why?" Ivy asked "Well, ever since the fundraiser he's been acting so strangely and slightly distant, oh my god you don't think he's going to break up with me?" Katie panicked "Of course not, he loves you so much" Caleb started "Yeah, you two are perfect, I mean Linc hasn't been happier" Ivy smiled but Katie was still weary.

Caleb and Jacob were walking through the park, on the way to Jacob's house "So what do you want to do tonight?" Jacob asked arm around Caleb as they walked through the soft snow. "Actually, I might have to miss our date tonight" Caleb sighed and Jacob seemed surprised "Why?" He asked curious "Ivy wants me to join her at this party, in a cabin of this guy she's interested in, and I promised I would go" Caleb explained and Jacob looked weary "I'm coming with you" Jacob stated seriously and Caleb gazed shocked "What?" He asked "I'm not letting you go to some random guy's cabin who you don't know, it sounds weird" Jacob smiled slightly protective of Caleb, and that plan of his worried him. "You're cute" Caleb smiled as they snuggled together "But we are having date night tommorow" Jacob kissed him on the forehead.