Chapter 9: My Lucky charm

Caleb woke up in Jacob's bed and Jacob however, was nowhere in sight. It was a friday morning and today was the night of Jacob's football game. Caleb got up gathering his clothes and dressed himself before walking into the kitchen to see a sweaty Jacob burst through the door from a brief run around town.

"There you are" Caleb seemed worried "Aghh, were you worried about me?" Jacob asked kissing him on the forehead "Definitely worried" Josh smiled and Caleb rolled is eyes in response "Come with me I want to show you something" Caleb smiled pulling Jacob into his bedroom. "I'm excited" Jacob smiled sitting on his bed "It's not much, but I made this a while back, and I thought you should have it" Caleb pulled out a small bracelet made out of a strong fabric and thread with a small sunflower pendant.

He passed it to Jacob who smiled sweetly "Well, I know how nervous you are about the game, this always brought me luck, I hope it works for you" Caleb smiled flushed slightly "I love it, thank you with you there as well as this, there's no way we can't win" Jacob pulled Caleb onto his bed on top of him, about to kiss him "Hey, you have to shower, we have school soon" Caleb placed his finger against Jacob's lips. "Seriously, let's ditch today" Jacob smiled and Caleb chuckled "Nice try" caleb got up. Jacob got up walking to the bathroom and Caleb smiled watching him walk away.

As the school day flew by and the game grew closer. They exited the school Jacob quickly grabbed Caleb's arm "I actually have to practice a bit before the game so I'm going to stay, but take my car" Jacob smiled handing him the keys. "I left you a gift in the backseat, since you love stealing my hoodies-" Jacob started "Borrowing" Caleb corrected him "Sure, well there is a gift in the back, wear it tonight" Jacob kissed him before running back into school. Caleb walked to his car jumping inside, when Ivy walked over with Millie and Ava "Can we have a lift?" Millie asked "Sure, but I'm not a very goo driver" Caleb picked out the gift which was one of Jacob's football shirts. He smiled, loving the shirt as his friends entered he car. And Caleb stepped on it.
They managed to get home in once piece "You're never driving again, they stated getting out "Oh please, I'm not that bad" Caleb defended his erratic driving "That's why you don't have a car" Ivy smiled "Next time I'm getting a helmet" Millie added a little shook. "Haha" Caleb chuckled before driving off.

It was 5pm, and caleb and his friends were sat on the pact bleachers filled with people from both schools. "It's really busy tonight" Ivy gasped noticing the crowd "It looks like no one has better things to do on a Friday night, how sad" Caleb chuckled "Says you" Millie added "Good point" Caleb said wearing the oversized football shirt over his clothes. "Nice shirt" Millie noticed his attire "Thanks, I don't know why Jacob wants me to wear it but-" Caleb smiled happy to support him "Oh I can think of a reason" Ivy said under her breath.

Caleb noticed Jacob on the pitch, he waved and Jacob blew a kiss back and he smiled in return "You two are adorable" Ava added next to Caleb "Thanks" Caleb smiled when his phone rang again from the same caller "For fuck sake" Caleb was about to swipe right when Ivy swooped in grabbing his phone answering it "Listen, here Jamal I'll tell you this in small words so even you can understand, you're not gonna call caleb again, because he's over you and in a happy and healthy relationship, so for both of your goods, lose this number" Ivy hung up not letting him get a word in.

"That was a bit harsh" Caleb replied "Who was that?" Millie asked "No good" Ivy handed him his phone back "I'm sorry, but Jamal was no good, and I don't want him ruining this relationship" Ivy smiled and Caleb knew that she was right, he was no good, but he did care about Jamal, they were friends even after their breakup.

The game was half way through, and the points were tied, and Caleb was going to the toilet when Owen passed him "Oh hey Caleb, how's things?" He asked with a mischievous smile spread across his face "They were great until you started talking" Caleb smiled back angering Owen "Good one, I was told by Lincoln you told him about me and Jacob, but lucky for you, he already knew, but next time you decide to butt into my business I will do much worse to you" Caleb started to walk away "Are you threatening me?" He asked as Caleb turned around smile still on his face "Yes, yes I am, and if you're clever which I know you are, you will listen to me" Caleb didn't blink before strolling away, nowing how annoyed Owen was that he reveal plan flopped.

The game had finished, and to no surprise Jacob's team won and everyone had left to enjoy the rest of their Friday night. And as the rain grew heavy Caleb stood by the entrance of the field watching the rain standing under the shelter, when Jacob stood behind him and kissed his neck softly.

Caleb turned around "Congratulations" Caleb smiled "Well, luck was on my side tonight" Jacob smiled showing the bracelet on his wrist and he winked smirking. "I'm glad it worked" Caleb smiled in return "You do look sexy in my top" Jacob smiled kissing Caleb "Here? really?" Caleb gasped looking around "What if there are people here. Jacob turned around Helloooooo is anyone there? Anyone?" Jacob yelled the field clear. "You know everything don't you" Caleb smiled pulling Jacob under the bleachers.

The rain grew heavy and they were running to the car when suddenly thunder struck and Caleb practically jumped in the air "I think there's going to be storm tonight?" Jacob sighed "You don't say" Caleb smiled as they got into his car.

"Don't worry I didn't scratch your car" Caleb smiled innocently as they started driving away. They arrived back at Caleb's home, his parents were away for the weekend at a conference, which was often the case, both of them being lawyers. "Do you want to stay over tonight? My parents are away again" Caleb asked "Only if it's ok with you" Jacob smiled "Of course it is" Caleb smiled as they ran into his house.

Caleb arrived back downstairs with a pile of blankets and Jacob was fast asleep on the sofa with Caleb's dog perched on his lap. Caleb smiled covering the pair. He sat next to them, covered in another blanket turning on a film on netflix, popcorn in hand. When suddenly the thunder struck again and he could hear Jacob mumbling in his sleepy state shifting around, the dog jumped onto the opposite sofa and Caleb pulled the sleepy Jacob to his chest and his shifting slowly stopped and the pair eventually falling asleep through the loud thunder and nasty weather.

Jacob suddenly awoke the next morning to see Caleb asleep beneath him and he smiled, but then the dog licked his cheek and Jacob chuckled and Caleb woke up sitting up "Sorry for waking you?" Jacob apologized "Oh don't worry, are you ok? I think you had a nightmare last night?" Caleb asked concerned "Oh don't worry tht happens sometimes, it's nothing" Jacob kissed Caleb "I love your house by the way" Jacob laughed "Thanks, yours isn't so bad either" Caleb smiled as Ivy texted him "What?" Jacob asked confused to his expression change "Ivy says, the school is throwing a Halloween party in two weeks" Caleb smiled "Oh yeah, that's a tradition, we have to come up with costumes" Jacob smiled "Yeah, that does sound fun" Caleb smiled "So you'll go with me?" Jacob wondered "Of course, who else" Caleb got up making coffee.

"Who should we go as?" Jacob wondered "I know who I want to go as, Wanda Maximoff, she's a badass" Caleb smiled "You're right, oo I could go as Vision, but I do like Loki" Jacob smiled "Yeah, Tom Hiddleston is sexy" Caleb joked "Oh really, I guess that's my costume then" Jacob kissed Caleb from behind. Caleb loved Halloween so much, this was going to fun.