Chapter 15: Jamal

Jamal stood there helmet in hand, a huge smile sprawled across his face "You're kidding right?" Ivy sighed her hand on her forehead tired of all the drama. "Aren't you happy to see me" Jamal walked up to them looking at Caleb who rolled his eyes "What the hell are you doing here, Jamal?" Caleb asked seriously even though he was nervous by his sudden appearance back in his life.

"Well, I wanted to see my friend again" He winked and Jacob stood next to Caleb arms crossed in annoyance and Jamal noticed his frustration and smiled "So this is the boyfriend" Jamal looked him up and down "Yes, this is my boyfriend Jacob" Caleb smiled "Can we talk?" Jamal asked and Caleb gazed at Jacob who look angry which worried Caleb slightly "It'll be ok, Jacob, I'll be back in a minute" He kissed Jacob on the cheek before walking with Jamal who walked away slowly "I don't trust him" Jacob sighed annoyed, but he trusted Caleb so he was a little relieved slightly "With good reason" Ivy responded as the next round of fireworks began.

"What are you doing here Jamal, your a long way from home?" Caleb asked arms crossed "God I've missed you so much" Jamal smiled missing his sass especially. "You seemed sad the other day and I wanted to come and see you" Jamal smiled "Really?" Caleb asked unconvinced and Jamal nodded "So you didn't come back for any other reason, because what you just said sounds like bullshit to me" Caleb smiled suspicious "You don't wear the necklace I bought you anymore" Jamal sighed touching the sunflower necklace Jacob bought him.

Caleb pushed his hand away "Your boyfriend seems nice" Jamal said sarcastically "He really is, and thank you for checking up for me but you can go home now" Caleb smiled walking away "Oh don't be like that" Jamal called as Caleb strolled away back to the group. "Well, what did he want?" Ivy asked "He was concerned about me, after Jack's appearance" Caleb spoke honestly and Jacob pulled Caleb close to him "That can't be the only reason" Katie pointed out "Well, it doesn't really matter because if he's smart he will leave" Caleb ended the conversation as the fireworks shot up into the sky.

Jacob felt very protective of Caleb in that moment when face to face with Caleb's ex Jamal, especially with their history.

A year and a half ago, Caleb was sitting on a bench, outside of the train station, next to a saddened Jamal and rain fell down gently "Talk to me, Caleb please" Jamal asked desperately "Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" A younger Caleb asked confused and saddened by Jamal's news "I.. I didn't say anything because if I told you, it would feel more real and I was tying to enjoy the last moments we have together" Jamal held his hand.

"Your an idiot, but I care about you, so I'm happy for you" Caleb teared up slightly trying to be mature about this situation "I care about you so much, Caleb and I'm sorry I hae to leave but just know, this was real" Jamal smiled and Caleb smiled in return as the rain grew heavy.

Jamal touched Caleb's face gently pulling him in for a kiss "I'm gonna miss you so much" Caleb smiled "I will come back, but I know the next guy who is lucky enough to be with you will be the luckiest guy in the world" Jamal smiled "You're to kind, I hope you find happiness in London Jamal, I don't know what this relationship was but it is precious to me" Caleb smiled as they locked lips again, rain dripping down their faces. Jamal handed a small box to Caleb "Just a little reminder of us" He smiled before getting up and Caleb opened it to see a little gem stone pendant with a small moon. Caleb smiled about to thank him when, but when Caleb looked up Jamal had vanished.

Caleb sat up, as Jacob rubbed his back briefly as they were driving home "I'm sorry about the awkwardness of tonight, somehow, my personal drama ruins every outing of ours" Caleb sighed a little sympathetic to Jacob who shot a smile in return "No need for a sorry, and anyway we're going on a date tommorow no one can ruin that" He kissed Caleb briefly before refocusing his view onto he road ahead "Can I ask you something though?" Jacob asked and Caleb nodded "Is there still, any feeling between the two of you?" He asked nervous for the answer. And Caleb smiled "Not those feelings, not for a long time, but he's my friend, sort of-" Caleb smiled reassuring him "Your the only guy, I have feelings for" Caleb beamed a smile at Jacob who felt a pound lighter and he put one arm around Caleb other hand on the wheel.

Just over a months ago, Jamal was sitting on his decking on the side of his flat which he shared with his brother and mother. This was the moment when Caleb hung up the phone when he was at the bonfire. Jamal sighed as the phone hung up. Jamal's older brother walked out sitting next to him, "What's wrong with you?" He asked in a deep tone "I was just talking to Caleb and-" He stared being interrupted "Wow, you're still obsessed with him, what's so special about that boy?" He barked confused and Jamal blushed slightly "He's special to me, Marcus" Jamal sighed realising how drifted apart they really were, and how he realised that Caleb had moved on with his life, whilst he was still stuck in he past.

"Move on, this is unhealthy behaviour" Marcus sighed grabbing Jamal's phone "You are right, but I can't give up on him yet" Jamal got up walking back inside shutting the door behind him. Jamal did try to move on from Caleb and for a while it did work, he dated other guys and some girls but he still had these unresolved feelings for Caleb. And he played back their last moment together often, remembering the moment exactly, but he wished he said goodbye properly, but in that moment he knew how difficult it would have been on both of them, that's why he vanished. He sighed walking into his room shutting the door behind him.

Caleb was in his room, hours had past and he walked over to his wardrobe and dug out a small round box decorated in green and blue felt, he opened the box which was filled with notes and little momentos of his relationship with Jamal. The box was filled with poems and notes Jamal was often wrote, most of them about Caleb and some deeper than that. As he dug through the small box he found the necklace which he hadn't touched or glanced at since he started dating Christian, because he made him take it off. Caleb sighed remembering past times.

The morning arose, the rain filled with rain and dark clouds and Caleb was sitting on his bed wrapped in blankets watching one of his favourite films 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' He loved the film because he related to Holly Golightly so much, and there his admiration for Audrey Hepburn grew. Then a knock came from the door revealing a soaked Jacob with a smile on his face "Oh thank god blankets" Jacob dived onto Caleb snuggling together "Breakfast at Tiffany's?" Jacob asked confused "The one and only" Caleb smiled eating a piece of popcorn "And if I found a real place like Tiffany's I would buy some furniture and give the cat a name.." Caleb quoted as the scene played remembering line to line "Who's that?" Jacob asked intrigued "That's Paul Varjak, the love interest to Holly Golightly" Caleb smiled having a huge crush on him for years before "Why do you like this movie so much?" Jacob asked curious "I relate to it a lot, well Holly at least" Caleb chewed on another piece of popcorn and Jacob looked confused as they carried on watching the film.

Meanwhile, Jamal was sitting on the exact same bench, near the train station. When suddenly Jack sat next to him shades on "I just heard you were back in town" Jack smiled "I could ay the same about you" Jamal growled knowing the pain he caused Caleb in the past.

"Oh don't be like that" Jack took of his shades "Jesus, what happened to you?" He asked smile across his face "Your phycho of ex boyfriend slapped me" Jack seemed embarrassed "About fucking time" Jamal smiled wishing he had watched that "I don't know why you're here Jack, but I will not be manipulated by you, like many others, and I know everything you've done, even some things Caleb and your cousins don't know, so for your sake I would get off this bench" Jamal threatened him and Jack was actually a little frightened knowing exactly what he meant. "We'll be in touch, safe travels" He hissed before slithering away umbrella in hand. "I'm not planning on leaving" Jamal said under his breath smile on his face.