Chapter 13: Rumour Has it

♡Just wanted to let you know, this is an emotional and could be triggering Chapter, but it should be alright, Apologies this Chapter also is quite short, I hope you like it though.♡

Just under a year ago, Caleb was being guided by his old teachers into the headmasters office at his previous school "What am I doing here?" Caleb wondered sat down holding his books in confusion. "There was a video leaked, online about you which was also sent to us through this DVD" The headmaster held a silver disc with 'Caleb' in red pen written on it "What's going on?" Caleb asked slightly nervous as the video started, he noticed the screen was briefly paused and he remembered the moment this was shot it was a argument between him and Christian in the corridor, the events before was a even longer story and Caleb gasped. The headmaster played the video.

It started, they were all watching it "Excuse me" Caleb said to Christian looked confused "Don't act naive Caleb, we both know you aren't, you are just two scared to admit that you love me!" Christian yelled raising his hands in the air "Quiet!" Caleb yelled "Your just a coward" Christian spoke anger across his face "A coward? You're kidding, I get to come out when I'm ready, and if you cared an ounce for me at all you would respect that" Caleb whispered pushing him away "It wasn't difficult for me" Christian argued with a confused expression and Caleb turned around angry "That's because everyone in this school worships you Christian, they love you, I'm not as lucky as you, so you don't get to decide that for me" Caleb was about to walk away from that fight when "Well, why don't you just come out of the closet" Christian shouted out of spite, loud enough for people to hear and Cale froze in that moment knowing he just opened pandoras box and he couldn't shut it.

"I know you wont because, you are just a coward, no wonder Jamal left you, and no wonder everyone leaves you" Christian said viciously before storming away. The video ended and Caleb sat there tears rolling down his eyes "I've been made aware this video has been sent to majority of the students, I'm so sorry" He apologized with a sympathetic expression. Caleb was mortified and heartbroken "We are so sorry, we are still tracking down the creator of the video, and they wil be firmly punished" He reassured Caleb who tears flooded his face.

Caleb wiped away his tears "Really? Like that will help me now" Caleb got up about to exit when his teachers spoke "It will be ok" They reassured him "I wish I could believe that" Caleb cried running down the empty hallway tears falling as he ran into the distance.

Now, Caleb took the disk and the rest of the folder. "What is it?" Millie asked confused noticing Caleb's saddened face "A video used to out me, in front of my old school" Caleb wiped away a tear before they snuck out of the bedroom and out of the house. "Are you ok?" Millie asked rubbing his shoulder worried slightly "It's going to be ok" Millie smiled pulling Caleb in for a hug "Remember, you always have us" Millie smiled and Caleb realized how lucky he was to have his friends in his life, even when tough times passed by.

Caleb had arrived at Ivy's house to see Jack's car parked there "Caleb what are you going to do?" Millie wondered as he sprinted into the garden, to see Jack perched on a sofa "Oh I'm glad you could make it" He smirked "What are you doing here?" Caleb asked angry and heartbroken inside, he didn't think Jack would do something that spiteful, to release that video. "He invited himself over" Ivy sighed crossing her arms in annoyance "Are you alright?" Jacob asked sitting next to Lincoln and Katie.

Caleb raised the disc in the air just high enough for Jack to see it and he gasped "So you do remember this then" Caleb smiled eyes sparkling "How did you get that?" He asked sitting up "It doesn't matter, just admit you sent this to my headmaster and to everyone!" Caleb yelled Jacob could see the hurt in his face and Jack smiled "I think you're losing it" Jack got up "So you just had this video lying about, the same exact disc that was sent in, lord knows how you got it back but I mean you weren't there how did you film it?" Caleb asked holding himself back. "What's the video?" Lincoln asked "Oh he knows, don't you Jack?" Caleb asked walking closer to him. "I guess you'll have to be more specific" Jack smiled adjusting his bucket hat.

"I knew you hated me, but that was just spiteful" Caleb sighed "Well, I wanted to teach you a lesson" He smiled "For what?" He asked frantically "You had to learn never to mess, with me" Jack smirked and Caleb seemed surprised "You are just a spiteful little bitch, aren't you?" Caleb admitted wiping a tear away "Excuse me, coming from a coward-" Jack started when Caleb slapped him across the face and the group gasped "I hope you get what's coming to you, if not I'll do much worse" Caleb paced away slamming the gate and Jacob followed.

"Caleb are you alright, what happened?" Jacob asked Caleb who was starting to cry. "It wasn't Christian who released the video, it was Jack" Caleb cried as Jacob pulled him into his embrace his head pressed into his chest, Jacob's arms wrapped around him.

Later on, In Ivy's living room they sat in front of the TV "You don't have to show us" Lincoln looked worried "I might as well" Caleb played it knowing exactly what was on it. The video played and they watched the whole thing and they were shocked by the video "Christian outed me in the hall, and then Jack sent it to everyone" Caleb sighed as Jacob hugged him "I can't believe he would do that" Katie sighed shocked by the video "We were arguing about me coming out to his friends and the school, but I didn't want too" Caleb spoke softly.

"What a bitch" Ivy seemed furious and so did Lincoln "Thank you for sharing that with us" Millie smiled sweetly "You're my family, i've got nothing to hide" Caleb smiled remembering that moment vividly, because it caused many problems, but it felt so long ago, but it was just under a year ago. Caleb got the disc out and snapped it in half.

Then, after Caleb's encounter with the Headmaster, Caleb marched into the large hall where Christian was rehearsing his drama piece with a small group of people, no one he knew. "Caleb what are you doing here?" Christian asked annoyed "It was you" Caleb seemed shocked "You couldn't wait till I was ready so you wet nuclear?" Caleb sighed tears in his eyes "What the hell are you-" Christian asked before Caleb slapped him, the sound was echoed through the hall and everyone gasped by the sight. "Well, I hope it was worth it, because you've lost me now" Caleb sighed storming off. Even though he knew later on, he would forgive him. Which he did, Caleb forgave him briefly, before he found out about Christian's secret which we already know.

Later on, at Jacob's house they were sitting in his bedroom "I'm so sorry you had to go through that" Jacob looked mortified and shook "Me too, but I'm glad I told you, my previous relationships haven't been too great" Caleb smiled ironically.

"Relationships?"He asked confusion riddled his face "Well, you know about Christian, but briefly before him I dated this guy Jamal" Caleb started "He was my first relationship, type thing it was more friends, but it also ended in heartbreak, with him moving to London, and I haven't seen him since, apart from his calls every so often" Caleb explained to Jacob "But that was long in the past, we are more friends now than anything else" Caleb admitted and Jacob kissed him appreciating his honesty. Jacob held him close, "I promise, I'll never hurt you Caleb" He sighed leaning his on Caleb's as they sat next to each other "I know" Caleb smiled as they sat their for brief moment, which felt like he longest time.