Chapter 27: Blackpool

"Yay, we're going to Blackpool" Katie smiled as they sat at a bench outside of school "Sarcasm is not a good look on you" Millie stated seriously "I wasn't being sarcastic, I love Blackpool, especially the beach" Katie smiled "It will be fun" Ivy added when Millie asked them if they wanted to come to Blackpool with them "And plus we'll be there, cheering you on from the audience "You know you have to get a ticket to watch right?" Millie sighed "What?" Katie looked shocked "It is a professional competition" Millie explained and they agreed "Well, we will be there for you, even if we can't watch" Caleb smiled and Millie smiled back rubbing his shoulder "Thanks, guys I'm glad you will be there" Millie was genuinely happy they would be there, knowing how stressful tennis was for her.

"Can we just discuss how Caleb got stuck in the school with Owen, are we not going to bring that up?" Ivy raised her hand sarcastically and they laughed. "Oh don't laugh, it wasn't funny, but Owen is deeper than I thought" Caleb smiled "And didn't you say you fell out of a window, Mrs. Baxton's window" Katie laughed under he breath and the group cackled "It's not funny, my back still hurts" Caleb smiled sipping a coffee, then rubbed his back. "I  can't believe you jumped out of a window" Millie laughed still amused "Well, climbed out of a window, I'm not insane" Caleb rolled his eyes. "What was Jacob's reaction to your window story?" Katie asked "He didn't really react that much he's still pretty moody since he and Josh had a argument" Caleb sighed "What did they argue about?" Ivy asked "I'm not sure he wouldn't say, but it must of been bad, Jacob has been staying at my house for the last few days" Caleb added "Seriously? What did your parents say?" Millie wondered "Luckily for me, My parents were fighting a case in Liverpool at the moment, and took Luke with them, like I'm very mature to look after him" Caleb sipped his coffee "Says the boy who paraded round school in the drama costumes and climbed out of a high window" Ivy smirked "Oh the window wasn't that high" Caleb smiled back sarcastically. Suddenly Jacob, Ava and Lincoln strolled sitting down with the group. And Caleb glanced at Jacob and he felt worried knowing something was wrong with Jacob "Are you ok?" Caleb kissed his cheek as they sat close to each other "Much better now" Jacob pulled him closer, but was still saddened. 

A few days later, They stood in the train station, waiting for their train to arrive. Caleb stood next to Millie "Where are your parents?" He wondered "Luckily for me, they are already there" Millie smiled happy to not have to take a train ride with them "Are you ok?" Caleb asked concerned for Millie who looked miserable at this moment in time. "It's nothing"  Millie said in a emotionless tone "You know you can tell me anything" Caleb smiled trying to comfort his friend "I just want to find a way to tell my parents, that I want to quit doing Tennis" Millie told him honestly "I'm sure they will understand" Caleb rubbed her shoulder in hope "You don't know them like I do, Perfection is mandatory, and my actual passion is apparently foolish" Millie spoke mimicking them "I'm so sorry Millie.  If it's making you this miserable, I think you should tell them, you deserve to be happy and they should support you" Caleb smiled and Millie hugged him "Thank you, but I don't think it will be that simple" Millie sighed "Well, we are here for you,if you need us"  Caleb smiled as the train slowly pulled into the station.

"So this is Blackpool?" Jacob smiled as they exited the station looking around at the scenery "You've never been here?" Ava asked genuinely shocked "You know I haven't" JAcob chuckled then went back to his blank expression holding Caleb's hand and now Caleb looked worried. "No reply?" Lincoln asked Katie holding her hand while she gazed a he phone refreshing her emails "No, I got two more no's and I have one more Job application" Katie sighed worried "There has to be a lot of newspapers or other places" Lincoln smiled kissing her forehead but Katie looked unconvinced. "You are going to do perfect, babe" Ava smirked at a nervous looking Millie "Thanks, I"m glad you're here" Millie leaned her head on Ava's shoulder briefly "Always" Ava put her arm around Millie keeping her close, knowing how nervous she was.