Chapter 24: Christmas Dinner

"God I've missed this" Caleb smiled sitting opposite Mike, who he hadn't seen in months. "Me too, we do have a lot to catch up on" Mike smiled wrapped in warm clothing as they sat in starbucks ordering their usual. "Yes we do, I want to know all about Scotland, how has it been?" Caleb asked sipping his hot mocha "A lot better than I thought, I think it's exactly where I need to be right now" Mike smiled enthusiastically and Caleb hadn't seen him this happy in a long time "But I bet you feel that way at your new school, how has that been?" Mike changed the topic "Good, it's been really good" Caleb smiled sipping his drink again thinking deeply "That doesn't sound convincing" Mike smiled noticing the hesitance in Caleb's voice "It has been amazing, I mean I have great friends and a amazing boyfriend, and I've done amazing things there but I don't know, drama seems to follow me" Caleb sighed thinking of a few specific occasions "I'm not surprised" Mike remembered "Well, my devil of a cousin returned to town, Jacob's dad hates me a lot and I just feel like I'm dragging everyone down" Caleb started to list examples "I'm sorry about Jack and Jacob's dad, but I saw your friends, they adore you and vise versa, but you have to have a little trust, you are not dragging them down" Mike comforted his friend. "Thank you, I needed this today" Caleb smiled realising that Christmas was tommorow "So how are your grandparents?" Caleb asked knowing a part of his return was to have christmas with his grandparents "They are doing great, I have missed them" Mike felt happy being home "So I need more details, how have you been the last few months?" Caleb asked intrigued missing his friend dearly. And they talked for what felt like hours about Mike's move and it felt like simpler days and that bought Caleb comfort, knowing some things haven't changed.

The next morning, Christmas day at the Perez house, Josh was sitting in the kitchen at the counter reading the paper facing the bright dazzling christmas tree. Things had been a little tense since the ski trip when Jacob discovered his brother has a small crush on his boyfriend. Jacob exited his bedroom and the pair sat eating breakfast in silence.

"Are you two ever going to talk to each other?" Marco asked concerned noticing how tense the room was. "Yes, it's christmas we're supposed to be nice to each other" Jorge added sitting opposite them "Fine, Jacob I'm sorry I didn't tell you, about it-" Josh started being cut off "You think it's about the fact you didn't tell me about it? No I'm annoyed by the fact you have a crush on Caleb" Jacob barked and the brothers gasped "Wait? was that steamy dream with Caleb?" Marco asked putting the pieces together "Come again?" Jacob asked not knowing that part "You had steamy dreams about Caleb?" Jacob stood up. "Maybe I Shouldn't have said anything" Marco walked into the living room "You think" Jorge followed him holding his cereal.

"I'm sorry, I can't control my thoughts or dreams, Jacob nor can I help who I have a crush on, do you think I want this?" Josh yelled standing up as well. Jacob shook his head in a disappointed tone before storming off to his bedroom slamming the door "Wow, Caleb really has the two of you, down" Marco smiled "Shut up!" Josh yelled before storming off as well "Well done" Jorge sighed also getting up and walking to his bedroom. "Well, Merry Christmas indeed" Marco chuckled before turning on the TV onto the christmas movie channel.

"Isn't this nice" Caleb's grandma smiled sitting at the table with the rest of his family for a early morning dinner due to their buy schedules. In the kitchen Ivy, Caleb and Katie stood there "This is going to be a long day" Caleb sighed "Oh it's christmas, smile" Ivy smiled Caleb smiled picking up the eggnog but Caleb took it off his hands "It's 10am, for gods sake" Ivy poured it back into the bowl.

"Thanks for that" Caleb rolled his eyes "Let''s just enjoy the Christmas brunch" Katie smiled "Oooh I love that, Christmas Brunch" Caleb smiled "There's the spirit" Ivy cheered and they both gazed at her confused at her outburst of laughter "What? I have the Christmas spirit" Ivy rolled her eyes as she strolled into the dining room of her grandma's house. Caleb poured small glasses of eggnog "Here, you may need this" Caleb said as they both downed the small drops of eggnog before strolling into the dining room.