Chapter 16: Rematch

Caleb was sitting in the Library, flicking through pages of his textbook, in the chilly silence of the bare library. And as he flicked through the pages a text showed up on his phone but knowing who it was from, he ignored it. Then suddenly Owen entered and walked over to Caleb sitting opposite him "Hey, Caleb coincidence bumping into you here" Owen smiled leaning on his hand glancing at Caleb "Such a coincidence, I'm surprised you know what a library is" Caleb smiled still flicking through the pages. "Don't you wann know why I'm here?" He asked Caleb "I honestly don't care" Caleb smiled looking up briefly and Owen rolled his eyes "I just wanted to see how you are" Owen smiled and Caleb looked up a confused and weary facial expression.

"What do you want?" Caleb asked a little suspicious of Owen who was being suspiciously nice for a change "I heard about your cousin, and then your ex coming into town, so much drama, I just wondered if you were ok" Owen smiled somewhat sincerely. "I'm fine thank you" Caleb sighed realising his life was quite dramatic.

"Also I wondered are you going to the charity fundraiser tonight?" Owen asked and Caleb nodded in response "Fantastic" Owen got up and sprinted away and Caleb felt slightly worried. Then Jacob appeared sitting opposite Caleb who looked unfazed focused on his reading "Earth, to Caleb" Jacob smiled finding his focus adorable. Caleb looked up "Oh" He kissed him on the cheek before continuing his reading "What you doing?" Jacob asked "Studying for a test, next period" Caleb sighed because the test completely slipped his mind.

"Well, I just wanted to tell, you that I cannot wait to see you at the fundraiser tonight, Ivy told me she's taking you tonight" Jacob smiled trying to capture his attention "Yes, Ivy's taking me there, my car is currently in use" Caleb smiled. Jacob kissed him again before leaving, letting him study.

After school, Jacob had entered his house to pick out a suitable outfit for tonight. when he suddenly saw a familiar looking leather Jacket perched on the sofa and a familiar chuckle emoting from the kitchen and when he entered the kitchen Rogelio was sitting leaning on the counter talking to Jorge "What are you doing here?" Jacob asked arms crossed and an angry facial expression.

Rogelio gazed at his son and sighed "Son, don't you think it's time we bury the hatchet" Rogelio got up about to hug him when Jacob pushed him away. "You can't just Walt's into our lives when you feel like it and expect us to forgive you, for all of your crap, so no" Jacob smiled still angry "Well, Marco and Jorge have forgave me" Rogelio argued "Well, they don't know better, but I do, and I Now realize what a selfish and vile person you are, so please go back to wherever the hell you have been for all these years, because you are certainly not welcomed here" Jacob sighed storming off into his bedroom.

Jacob still felt rage for what he said to Caleb as well as neglecting Josh who often tried to convince them how horrible Rogelio was, but Jacob shut him down, he felt slightly guilty realizing all this time Josh was trying to protect him. And Jacob now worried what Caleb's reaction would be to Rogelio's unexpected and inconvenient return, into to town.

Caleb was picking out outfits to where feeling a little nervous, knowing how extravagant his new school was and so he wanted to dress accordingly. He finally picked a outfit out, he smiled when Ivy entered his room "Nice, outfit" Ivy smiled "You too" Caleb smiled in return "You ready to go, Linc and Katie are already there" Ivy asked in a rush slightly "I'm actually quite excited" Caleb smiled as he grabbed a jacket before exiting his bedroom. "You should be, I love their fundraisers they have the best appraisers" Ivy added as they climbed into her car to see Millie and Ava in the back "You two look amazing" Caleb looked impressed "Thanks, you too" Ava smiled winking at him.

They arrived at another school function, which once again was filled to the brim, with students as well as many parents and teachers and many people from the public, because it was a charity fundraiser after all. "Wow, it's busy tonight" Caleb looked out of the window surprised by the body count. "Look at the teachers, they do try so hard" Ivy smiled "Oh leave them alone" Millie sighed smiling. Walking into the large extravagant hall, far larger than the gym was filled with fancy dressed people and students who either volunteered coming or were forced to come by their parents, who many were important donors themselves. Caleb was trying to spot Jacob after spotting Lincoln and Katie but he was nowhere.

"Where is he?" Caleb said to himself when suddenly hands covered his eyes and spun him around and it was Jamal, dressed in a nice suit and Caleb sighed rolling his eyes "Not the guy you were expecting?" Jamal smirked "Precisely, now I thought you left" Caleb sighed looking behind him in search for Jacob "Did he stand you up?" Jamal asked "Will you shut up" Caleb stormed off back to Ivy "At these fundraisers do they have alcohol?" Caleb asked needing a drink at this point "Caleb, really?" Lincoln sighed "What?" Caleb sighed really stressed "They have champagne, but for the donors" Ivy sighed "Don't encourage him" Lincoln frowned "Fine, I won't" Caleb sighed as Jamal was walking around. Caleb was drinking juice though when he saw Jacob enter and then Rogelio, and he almost chocked on his drink "Oh you've got to be kidding me" Caleb sighed "Oh" Ivy noticed Rogelio "I have to hide" Caleb crouched before sneaking away into the crowd "If Jacob asks, you haven't seen me" Caleb sighed Ivy following him.

"Have you seen Caleb?" Jacob asked confused "I'm not sure, he was just here" Katie gasped and Lincoln smiled "Thanks" Jacob was searching in the crowd.

"So what's the plan here?" Ivy asked as they were sneaking through the bursting crowd "I need to come up with a plan to avoid Rogelio" Caleb sighed as they sat by one of the fire exits "Lovely" Ivy sighed but then suddenly Jacob appeared "There you are" Jacob smiled pulling Caleb up "I have some bad news to tell you-" Jacob started "Your dad is here, I saw" Caleb rolled his eyes "I'm so sorry he just showed up and I couldn't stop him" Jacob looked worried "It's ok Jacob, I am going to get a drink, hopefully with alcohol" Caleb sighed before walking away and Jacob sighed "Is he ok?" Jacob asked Ivy "Yeah, he's not nervous at all" Ivy smiled before walking away. Caleb poured some champagne into a plastic cup meant for the teens, and he walked away "Sneaking champagne? Cute" Jamal smirked doing the same "What's wrong?" He asked "None of your business" Caleb sipped it gagging slightly "Who even drinks champagne?" Caleb didn't like the bitter taste but then took another sip anyway before walking off.

Jacob was searching for Caleb, passing Jamal "What are you doing here?" He asked a little threatened "I'm not sure" Jamal sighed a little saddened realizing that maybe Caleb had actually moved on from him, remembering what Marcus said to him a few weeks before.
"He went that way" Jamal smiled at this point, he just wanted Caleb to be happy, and he realized the healthy thing to do was let him go. "Thank you" Jacob sighed before walking away.

But Caleb was about to leave when he bumped into Rogelio "Oh hello Caleb" Rogelio sighed and Caleb rolled his eyes "I'm sorry about my behaviour before, I'm only trying to look out for my son, he tends to make impulsive and silly decisions in the love department, and maybe it's best, if you leave him, I wouldn't want you dragging him down with you, I mean Jacob, has.." Rogelio paused "What?" Caleb asked angrily yet saddened "More of a chance of success in his life, you wouldn't want to ruin that would you?" Rogelio smiled looking down at him and Caleb looked sad now. "Maybe your right" Caleb sighed before walking away, to the bathroom.

Jacob caught up, "What did you say to him?" Jacob asked worried "Nothing much, but he now understands, your welcome, for not letting that boy drag you down" Rogelio smiled thinking he was in the right. "We're done" Jacob whispered before dashing away and Rogelio looked confused yet saddened.

He placed his drink on the counter next to the sink as he wiped away his tears, but in that moment he thought deeply about Rogelio words and that maybe he had a point, what if e was dragging Jacob down into his madness and drama, and what if he was dragging everyone down. He sighed when he suddenly heard a toilet flush and Josh who was wearing a suit exited washing his hands, noticing Caleb's sad expression "Are you alright?" He placed his hand on his back with worry across his face "Your father's here" Caleb sighed drying below his eyes with a paper towel "I can't believe he showed his face here" Josh looked furious, knowing he returned but he didn't know he was here.

"What did he say to you?" Josh asked "It's not important, but it was true" Caleb sighed "Don't listen to a word that man says" Josh reassured him "He's right though, maybe I am dragging Jacob down" Caleb sighed and Josh gasped hearing what his father influenced "You are not dragging him down, I know Jacob hasn't been this happy in a long time" Josh Smiled knowing that was true "Thanks, I should probably go" Caleb sighed leaving the bathroom and Josh could tell he was still saddened.

Caleb was walking to the exit and he bumped into Jamal again "Are you ok? Have you been crying?" He asked concerned "Can you take me home?" Caleb asked just wanting to leave right now. "Sure, come on" Jamal spoke softly leaving the event before it even really began. "He went that way" Josh pointed and Jacob darted out of the party like the flash but Jamal already drove away and Jacob stood in the mid November weather before sighing knowing the chaos his father has caused once again.