Chapter 25: Happy New year

As the days slowly past, nearly reaching the new year the ice slowly started to thaw, it had been a very tense few days. Sitting outside Jacob's house Caleb and Jacob sat next to each other in a chilling silence "How are you?" Jacob asked gazing to his right to see Caleb looking into the distance "I'm sorry I snapped at you on Christmas it was just a very long and difficult day" Caleb apologised not wanting to burden Jacob which he often felt like he was doing. "And I'm sorry for arguing with Josh, I was just worried that you would somehow, fall for Josh.. Oh I don't know, saying it out loud sounds awful" Jacob looked down embarrassed.

Caleb smiled lifting his head up gently looking into his dark eyes "Jacob Perez,  you're the only guy for me and nothing can change that, I just want you" Caleb tried to comfort him, and in that moment they both wanted to say something yet, that didn't happen, yet. "I'm so glad, I know it was dumb, but I was just worried" Jacob smirked relieved breathing in and out "You're not dumb Jacob, but you do not have too worry about that, I only want to be with you" Caleb smiled his cheeks red slightly and Jacob pulled him in for a tight hug closing his eyes briefly "You have the best hugs" Caleb whispered to him "I hope you know, how important you are to me Caleb" Jacob held his hands on his lap and looked at him seriously.

"I know, and I hope you know how much you mean to me, Perez" Caleb chuckled bringing him in for a kiss. "I have a crazy thought, how we can spend the last few days of the new year" Caleb smiled and Jacob gazed at him riddled with confusion "What?" Jacob wondered "Well, my grandparents are out of town, on another cruise, shocker but their house is empty" Caleb started "My parents should be ok with it, the house is amazing, it's like a cabin" Caleb smiled "A cabin?" Jacob asked remembering what it looked like on the outside "Yes, so are you in?" Caleb wondered "That sounds perfect, us alone and no one else" Jacob looked excited by the thought and they hugged once again "It sounds perfect" Jacob panted relieved.

"So miss Highland? What do you think you could offer to our company in this job placement?" A serious tone came from the interviewer sitting across from a nervous Ivy who at this time was looking for a job. "Well, I could offer-" Ivy started
"Oh it was awful" Ivy looked mortified an hour later, sitting on the steps outside the office opposite Caleb holding two warm coffees, placing them on he step.

"Oh it can't of been that bad" Caleb lighted a cigarette  "It was mortifying, I literally froze when they asked me questions and when I did manage to speak I babbled on about random shit, it was bad" Ivy grabbed Caleb's cigarette smoking it "What just happened?" Caleb gasped "Ivy, give that to me you don't even smoke" Caleb grabbed it putting it out.

"Did you even want to work there anyway, from what you've told me over the years you want to be a fashion designer?" Caleb wondered lighting another cigarette "I know, but I need a job for now, like you have at the studio, and this place had the perfect hours" Ivy sighed sipping her drink "And I know Katie's also waiting for news on a few jobs in London too"  Caleb added "I know, still no news?" Ivy asked "Not as of yet, but she has applied for a few more nearby" Caleb breathed out "And Ivy there are plenty of jobs out there for you, and if not the studio is always hiring" Caleb chuckled "No offense but, no thanks" Ivy laughed "Oh I see"  Caleb smiled as he put out his cigarette and smiled as they got up. 

"So how's Ivy?" Mike asked as Caleb met him in town after his conversation with Ivy "Oh she's fine, Ivy just had an interview and it didn't go so well" Caleb smiled as they started walking into town "Oh I hate interviews, I always get so nervous" Mike added "Me too, you should of seen me interview or the studio, it wasn't my finest hour" Caleb shivered remembering the mortifying interview.

"But you still got the job" Mike smiled "I did get the job but Louise probably still thinks I'm cookoo for coco puffs" Caleb joked and Mike looked confused "What does that even mean "Crazy it means crazy" Caleb rolled his eyes sipping his warm coffee "Well, Last night was fun" Mike smiled remembering his and Caleb's movie night, and they caught up on everything, it was  fun even though at that time Caleb was still sad about Jacob. "It was, I can't believe you're leaving again" Caleb sighed having to say goodbye to his best friend again "I know, I wish I could stay but my dorm room is waiting for me" Mike joked "Your dorm room actually looks really nice, from the pictures you sent" Caleb looked miserable knowing his friend was leaving in a few hours "Oh it is and my roommates are actually really cool" Mike replied having a great time on his voyage "So do you have any plans?" Mike asked interested changing the topic "Me and Jacob are going to have a relaxing few days at my nan's house while she's on her cruise" Caleb rolled his eyes "Anther cruise?" Mike looked shocked and Caleb nodded equally as surprised. And the pair eventually said their goodbyes once again before Mike would leave for Scotland once again.

"Oh that was fun" Ava smiled sitting on a large comfortable bed "Was it?" Millie sighed as they spent their weekend with Millie's parents house "Yes, your parents love me" Ava pulled her onto the bed "I'm glad they do, but hopefully we can just spend some time alone, I'm so done playing Monopoly with my brothers, it's hell!" Millie laid back on the bed sounding exhausted "Your only grumpy, because you lost" Ava smiled "That has nothing to do with that" Millie sulked and Ava laid back "Why don't we put on your favourite movie, and cuddle in large thick blankets and just relax, how does that sound?" Ava whispered to Millie who smiled in return.

"That sounds perfect, but first I'm going to get as much sweets I can" Millie sat up "Don't get too much, we are having dinner later" Ava warned Millie who dashed out of the bedroom at a fast speed and Ava smirked watching her girlfriend dart away.

"So this is the infamous, house?" Jacob held a bag entering the cottage looking house with a warm cabin feel. Caleb noticed the tree was still up "Wow, it's still intact" Caleb chuckled as he shut the door vanquishing the cold air. Jacob jumped onto the large comfortable sofa and Caleb laughed but then Jacob pulled him onto the sofa. "Really?" Caleb sighed laying on top of him, Jacob hugging him tightly. But then Caleb heard the door swing open and they looked up surprised to see Katie and Lincoln stroll in with bags in hand "Are you sure, your Nan isn't here, the lights are on and the door was unlocked?" Katie asked weary "Nan, always goes on a cruise before new years" Lincoln looked around "Well, we're here" Caleb sat up catching their attention, surprising them.

"What are you doing here?" Lincoln screeched "I could ask you the same thing" Caleb replied as they got up "We're here to have a stress free few days before new years" Katie smiled "Us too" Jacob smiled in response. But then the door opened again and Ivy stepped in bag in hand "You're kidding right?" Lincoln gasped. And they eventually all decided to stay there for new years eve, as there were four bedrooms in the large cottage house with a cabin feel on the inside.

The group were out on the patio wrapped in Blankets as the sky slowly became darker, and the air became colder. A fire was lit in the fire bowel and they had chatted for what felt like hours "So Ivy why did you decide to come here?" Lincoln asked intrigued "Well, I knew Nan had gone out of town and I had no plans so I thought I would spend a few stress free days here" Ivy rolled her eyes sipping a warm hot chocolate "I guess we all had the same idea" Caleb smiled brushing his hands through Jacob's dark hair as they sat cuddled together "You didn't tell me, how was Mike's visit back into town?" Ivy asked looking at Caleb changing the subject "It was fun seeing him again, sad though because he had to leave so soon, but it was fun" Caleb smiled feeling saddened by his friends exit. "I hope I can meet him properly soon" Jacob added as he had not properly met Caleb's best friend yet. "Yeah that would be nice" Caleb smiled back at him.

"Ok as fun as this has been, I'm going to go and take a long nap, and forget my troubles" Ivy smiled getting up. "Good idea, we should go too" Caleb smiled dragging Jacob back into the house. "And just us" Katie smiled cuddling Lincoln "Perfect" Lincoln held her tight as they watched the stars dance across the sky "Any news on more jobs?" Lincoln asked knowing about her search "Well, it's a holiday I'm not really expecting a response but we'll have to see" Katie smiled kissing him on the cheek "Happy new years" Lincoln whispered kissing her cheek "Cute, but New years eve is tommorow" Katie chuckled "I know, but I think this may be the only time we may get by ourselves" Lincoln smiled refering to the others currently in their rooms. "You're right, Happy new years, Linc" Katie smiled as they kissed once again sitting back watching the night sky.