Back and Forth

Zim walked down the halls of the ship, dragging the tip of the spear every now and then to leave marks on which way he was going. When he finally did run into some of the ship's inhabitants, he murdered all but one viciously, then had them lead the way to the escape pods. He continued leaving scrape marks on the wall.

When Dib finally came to again, he was alone in the room. He sighed and sat up, his entire body wracked with pain. He stood up and headed out of the room and into the hallways he loathed.

-Dib's POV-

These damn hallways are never-ending. How am I supposed to find Zim? I glanced around when something caught my eye. I approached the wall and inspected a deep gash with burns on the outer parts. The spear? Glancing over, I saw an identical mark a few steps down. I began following the trail of scoring that Zim had left, and soon approached what could only be described as escape pods.

I didn't hesitate to make my way towards them. There was no way in hell I would stay on this ship! As I ran to get a pod, the familiar sound of the electric spear started up, as well as an even more familiar voice, a scream of pure agony.

I should have just left Zim, but I followed the sound of his screaming to yet another corridor. Zim was on the ground, and two aliens held him down with odd-looking poles, while the third had the spear jammed into Zim's back.

I was hurt bad enough as it was, but I wasn't going to leave him. "Hey! Come get me!" I shouted, gathering each alien's attention. Zim seemed the most surprised. I gazed into his eyes, then did a little head motion to the escape pods before I bolted, the three aliens now after me.

-Zim's POV-

I watched Dib run off before I got to my feet. My scar was hurting, hurting a lot...

"You're sick, Zim. Sick in your mind. It cannot be cured. It's a curse."

Curse.

The memory came flooding back to me. I held my head and screamed. I ran to the pods and got into one before I collapsed, my head pounding. Everything was a blur, and it became dark. "I don't want to be sick... I'll take my medicine. Give me another chance..." I began rocking to ease the fuzzy feeling. My scar was burning. I could feel the needles on my feet and my hands. The laughs of the Tallest. The tubes in my skin had made it crawl. I needed Gir. But he wasn't around, now was he...

"Hey, Zim! Can you start this thing or not?" Dib's voice broke through the ringing and buzzing, and I could hear clearly again. I looked up at him and stood up quickly. He averted his eyes from me again for whatever reason. "Shouldn't be too tedious, move." I shoved him aside and stared at the controls. Nothing looked familiar.

"Come on, before more come!" Dib shouted, suddenly sneaking up behind me and wrapping that filthy black jacket around me again. I rolled my shoulders and the wretched garment fell away to the floor. I heard Dib sigh behind me.

I focused back on the strange panel and tried to think of my own ship's design. I touched the surface, which was squishy like gel, and nothing happened. "Figures."

-Dib's POV-

I glanced over at Zim, who was obviously unable to operate the pod. He seemed frustrated. My eyes wandered down his scarred back, to his ass. I stopped myself and looked back up at him. "Hey, it's alright if you don't know how to-" I had reached my hand out to set it on his shoulder when he suddenly turned and slapped it away.

"Why should we take this stupid pod anyways?" He asked a smile on his face that obviously wasn't a good sign. "B-because we need to escape?"I stammered.