I..love you?

~Dib's POV~

As the pod disappeared from veiw, I began thinking about what Gir said. There is no way I could come up with something better than that! I paced around my room trying to think, and I ended up throwing myself on my bed and going to sleep.

I awoke in a cold sweat, I trembled madly after the dream i'd lived through. Zim..was not okay. I rolled out of bed, grimacing at all the blood from the wounds I hadn't bothered to patch up. I turned the lamp on and sat at my desk, pulling the embedded glass out of my hands. The wound on my arm from the laser was only a graze, but it stung all the way to my elbow.

After wrapping my hands in bandages, I crawled to the roof and looked through my telescope. I saw millions of ships out there, even the mothership. "Zim.." I whispered to myself.

"You called?!" Zim's voice shrieked behind me, and before I knew it, I was falling off my roof.

I lay there in agonizing pain, my arm totally messed up from instinctively trying to catch myself.  I stood up and held the broken arm, then looked at Zim. Our eyes met as he leapt of the roof. As soon as he jumped, I turned to run, only to be stopped by sharp pains in my calf, lower back, and shoulder.

I fell to the ground again, unable to move. This was insane, I could have easily defended myself when we were younger, but now he was more powerful than I had originally believed him to be.

"Zim wait!" I cried out. I flopped to my back and looked up at Zim who's metal limbs were coated in my blood.  "Speak. You only have seconds to live." Zim said with a smile. "Don't kill me! Uh, I- I love you!"

I flinched, expecting my life to be over, but I only got silence. Maybe I was already dead. I opened my eyes to see Zim looking at me, completely still and blank-faced. He leaned closer on his metal limbs, a little too close. He opened his mouth as if to speak, but it seemed his tounge beat him to the punch. It went inside my mouth briefly, to both of our surprise, it seemed. He jerked back and made a weird noise, putting his hand over his mouth before he climbed up the side of the house and disappeared onto the roof.

I paused long enough to feel around my mouth with my tongue, just to make sure I wasn't growing alien spores or anything, then forced myself  up and called up to Zim, hoping he was still there.
"Zim I swear to God if you gave me space herpes I won't forgive you!" I quickly made my way to my the door and just as I closed the door Zim gave a reply.

"I swear on Irk if I get a incurable disease I'll kill you then mutilate your body, stitch you back up, bring you back to life so I can slaughter you again!"

I closed the door then fell to the floor. Jesus Christ. What even happened to him??

I then started feeling the pain again from my wounds and my arm. I looked down to see a small pool of blood around me.

Cursing under my breath I limped to the garage where some of my dad's inventions were.

Using a machine that helped heal my flesh wounds I was able to keep myself from dying of blood loss. As for my arm, it was still broken and practically useless. With a sigh I walked back upstairs to my room and looked at the mess.