You're fucked

Dib opened his eyes which was a strain, and everything was spinning. He tried to sit up, but only got half way as he was stopped by a chain around his neck that was attached to the floor. Zim's body was a short distance away, and he seemed to still be sleeping.

It was very dark wherever they were, so Dib at least hoped he was just sleeping. He reached his hand out to Zim but he was too far away.

"Zim, are you awake?"

Dib bit his lip as only silence followed his question.  He reached for him again with all the strength he had, and this time was able to grab the alien's gloved hand. Dib felt relief when Zim's fingers closed around his hand gently in return.

The relief soon turned to pain as Zim squeezed his hand tightly. Dib tried to pull his hand away from the other's grasp, but it only tightened further causing him to let out a barley audible yelp.

Zim's iron grip loosened as soon as the alien started coughing. Dib instantly pulled his hand back, holding it in the other as it throbbed.

The Irken continued to cough, and though hard to see, blood started being brought up with each and every cough.

Dib sat silently, watching him. He was unsure if he should call for help or not.

Well, he did lock him in the room. Out of petty spite, he just sat and watched. The coughing finally ceased, and Zim had fallen silent again.

"Get up Zim, are you hurt by a little cough?" He said mockingly, sort of reverting to his old self.

Zim didn't answer, his breathing coming in short gasps. Dib repositioned himself and used his foot to tap him on the head, next to his scar. Just the light pressure was enough to make the green skinned alien shudder, curling up.

Dib didn't think things over with what he did next. He kicked Zim in the head, tired of waiting.

With a yell of pain, Zim suddenly shot up, but choked himself harshly as the chain around his neck was identical to Dib's. He grabbed Dib's leg and bit down on his ankle, eyes vicious and angry. He laughed as he bit down harder, licking the blood that started pouring out.

Dib was screaming out in pain, a numbness spreading up his leg as he scrambled a bit.

"Stop it! Let go!"

His words only made Zim bite down harder, scraping the bone. Dib now actively kicked at the Irken, cussing up a storm. A blue light appeared down the hallway, illuminating the other cages as well. Dib forced himself to fall quiet, and thankfully the light caught Zim's attention as well, and he let of of Dib's leg.

"Noisy, noisy." A voice that was familiar to the both of them said. Dib looked at Zim in confusion.

"G.. Gir? Is that you?" Zim called out. Dib became even more confused, looking toward the light again. His ears must be playing tricks. Zim pulled in the collar and chain, trying to break free. He had received no answer from his question, and instead of the small robot, one of the blue aliens approached the cage instead. A spear-like device reached in through the bars and jabbed it at Zim, shocking him.

Dib's POV

I couldn't feel my leg at all anymore and I was bleeding heavily, but I still tried and kicked the spear away, giving Zim a break. He slumped down, the smell of burned flesh filling the air. A terrible stench that made me want to hurl.

The alien stabbed my good leg and sent an agonizing shock into me as well and I think I blacked out again. I thought for sure I heard Zim's voice again.. but it definitely came from the alien...

When I finally came to, it was dark again. Zim was laying on the floor, curled up. He was quietly murmuring Gir's name.

"Hey Zim, how are you feeling?" I asked gently, making sure I was out of reach. He fell silent for a moment, then looked at me.

"You heard that guy talking like Gir too, right?" He asked in a suprisingly worried tone.

It was weird for sure, becuase to me that alien guard sounded exactly like Zim.

"No... He didnt." Was all I said.

He looked away and started laughing a bit to himself. "Where are you Gir..?" He whimpered, hugging himself.

I couldn't tell how fast or slow time was passing, and watching Zim go from being fine to losing his mind about Gir every few seconds like some bipolar nutcase was getting on my nerves. Gir this... Gir that... It was getting extremely annoying...

"Do you think about anyone else besides that stupid robot?" I said bitterly, venom lacing each word. Zim glared at me through the darkness, I could feel it. He ignored me, mumbling to himself again. It took everything I had not to try and kick him again.

If I ever got out of here I'm so going to ship Gir off somewhere else in space so then maybe Zim would finally pay attention to me  for once.

The blue light appeared at the end of the hallway, moving closer. I closed my eyes and stayed down, hoping to not evoke another electrocution. Zim's rattling chain proved that he was going to do the opposite.

"Let me out of here! I'll kill you if you dont!" He shouted madly. The guard from before was now at the cage, peering it at Zim. I had my eye opened just a crack so I wouldn't be completely unaware of what was happening.

I was taken aback when I heard the rattle of keys and then the door opening with a squeak. He guard walked in and went over to Zim. Another rattle of keys and the irken was unchained. Zim kept his word I guess, quietly standing up instead of lunging at the guy.

I now had my eyes completely open, looking as Zim was put into handcuffs and escorted out. The cage door closed and locked again, and I was left alone in the dark.