Chained

Dib's POV

What felt like long hours passed and Zim still had not returned to the cell. I was bored out of my mind and thus started looking for a way out. I tugged at the chain around my neck, but the material was strong and... warm? My legs ached from the wounds making me bite my lip. Zim's bite has started to get really itchy as blood now slowly oozed from the wound.. However it only motivated me more to try and get out. I felt around the collar part for the key hole, soon finding it on the right side it was an odd shape, definitely not like the ones on earth.

I pulled myself forward, choking slightly from the pressure on my neck, soon retracting and sputtering a bit. I scratched at the wound, bloodying my hand as I did so.

After a few moments of sitting in silence I decided to start hollering in hope of bringing the guard back.

I wasn't disappointed. There was movement and soon light could be seen spilling into the hall. Naturally my voice petered off as the light drew closer. I backed up and waited eagerly, being met with the orange eyes of the guard.

The guard slammed a steel boot at the cage, sending an earsplitting rattle throughout. "Where is Zim!?" I shouted promptly, flinching as the electrocution pole took a stab at me through the bars. I moved my leg just in time, clearly making the guard angry.

I smiled slightly as the cage opened and the guard walked in, reaching down to grab me by my hair. His simple mistake was all I needed. A quick kick threw him off balance and I was able to grab the electrocution spear from him and use against him.

Once he went down I pulled him closer and began to search for the keys. Once I had them I made quick work of the collar. Finally able to stand, I stretched, wincing in pain as I felt both my legs could crumple at any time.

With a bit of hassle I put the guard in the collar and then locked the door, keeping the keys and spear with me as I wandered towards the way out.

I felt my stomach churn as I laid eyes on many things that would resemble torture divices. Bloods of different colors were everywhere around the divices as I got closer to the door. I opened it up the big door with a bit of struggle, and poked my head out.

It was an empty corridor, thankfully. I listened carefully for any sounds of footsteps and then took a left down the hall. All the walls were undecorated with the same pattern, making it impossible to backtrack after a while. The long halls never seemed to end, but there wasn't a single patrol yet, raising my suspicion.

'Should have gone right...'

I sighed and went to lean in a wall, my legs going numb and my vision getting blurry. But when I hit the wall, I went through it instead. I looked up quickly to see a room, with two of the male aliens going at it in the bed. I backed out of the wall quickly, not quite scarred but maybe... fascinated? If I had all of my supplies I would be sure to take notes. I got back up and began to feel my way along the walls, my hand going though it occasionally into another room.

Most were bedrooms with sleeping patrons, but I stumbled into another one due to my legs buckling. This room was different than all the others, and wat make me creep in further was the sound of Zim's voice. It had to be him. I listened carefully, making out the conversation.

"Let me go, and I will tear your entrails out and knit myself a sweater!" That one phrase followed by laughter was all I needed. I stood up, and followed the not quite melodic sound, the bed was huge and intricate in the middle of the room, an a door led off to another room, where the laughter continued before being cut off. I stumbled on something, looking down to see Zim's clothing on the ground.

I gulped and looked toward the door, clutching the spear tightly. Lord help me.