Attacked

Zim stared deeply into Dib's eyes, making a strange sound. Dib couldn't tell what it really was but it sounded somewhat like a purr? Dib couldn't shrink away from the slender, red-eyed alien like wanted to, but at some point the two just stared into each others eyes for what seemed hours. Zim finally snapped out of whatever dream-like state he was in and raised his hand in anger as if to hit Dib.

In a split second of panic, Dib pushed Zim off of him, sending the Irken to the floor. Dib crawled further back onto the bed as Zim got back on his feet. He shot a deadly glare at Dib but then composed himself.

"I... I don't know what came over me..." Zim mumbled, rubbing the hand he had previously raised. He then suddenly scoffed and turned and walked out, the door closing with an audible click afterward. Dib instantly got to his feet and ran to the door, prying on it only to find it was locked.

He cursed under his breath as he kicked the door once in defiance. He put a hand up to his face as he blushed heavily in embarrassment as he leaned back against the door and slid down to the floor.

Many thoughts ran through his mind, but the loudest was; 'why the fuck did you push him away?!!' Dib facepalmed and cursed himself. He then shook his head. 'Of course, because he was going to hit you."

Zim was angrily pestering one of his guards, looking for Gir. The guard was scared out of his wits but was sighing in relief as the small robot came skipping around a corner. Zim quickly corralled Gir and plucked him up, staring at him with an intense desperate gaze.

"I detect an increased heart rate. Were you and Dib perhaps-" Gir was already smirking until Zim covered the mouth of the robot. "Shut up! I panicked and locked him in my room, and he's not ever coming out because I don't dare look at him!" He said frantically, a dark green blush across his face.

Gir nodded, easily holding back laughter. "No one on Earth will notice his long absence I'm sure." He patted Zim lovingly on the top of his head, which made him purr slightly at the affection. Zim set Gir down quickly and cleared his throat, face becoming hardened. "Don't do that, I don't care for it a bit." He said with a hint of anger, quickly walking off down the hallway. Gir watched him until he was out of sight, then headed in the opposite direction, eyes a brilliant red.

Hours passed, and Zim was sitting in the commander's chair, leading a small skirmish at a nearby planet. They were long gone from the earth and its solar system.

He laughed at the carnage before him, making his underlings shiver in fear. "The enemy surrenders and asks us to please spare them any more loss." A small Irken spoke, keeping her eyes on the screen in front of her. "Just blow up the whole planet," Zim said, already bored at yet another weak enemy.

Gir approached his master and quietly spoke to him. Zim smirked and rose from his seat, following after Gir with excitement.

Dib woke up and sighed, still sitting exactly where he had been hours ago. He stood up and stretched, his body aching from staying in the posture. He wandered around the small and boring room. "Is he ever coming back..?" He mumbled to himself aloud, sitting on the bed and staring at the door.

He laid down after a while, indulging a bit in Zim's scent as he cuddled into a pillow. He felt very comfortable for some reason, despite knowing Zim had changed.

He chuckled a bit, knowing it was quite unlike him to just quietly stay in the room when he could have probably found a way out already. But deep down he felt that Zim would be back soon, and he wasn't wrong...

The door unlocked and he perked up, sitting upright and setting the pillow down so he wouldn't look weird. He knew something was wrong as soon as the door started to open.

The sound instantly spilled in before the door had opened more than a few inches. Screams and sirens filled the small room, and Dib was speechless as he was held at gunpoint by two blue-skinned males, both adorning light armor and white hair.

He tensed up when he saw one carrying an unconscious Zim over his shoulder. Dib stood up slowly with his hands up, but his eyes never left Zim. Green blood dripped from the Irken's mouth and he was bleeding from a heavy blow to the side of his slender torso as well.

The intruders yelled at Dib in a language he couldn't understand, ushering him over. He complied, his wrists chained quickly. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain to the side of his head, and his vision instantly faded to darkness.