Journey

"What's the news?" Dib said nervously.

Gir looked at him for a moment, face scheming. "Nevermind. It's nothing." he said with a smirk, turning back to the pod. "Let's just see how this all plays out." With a snicker to himself, Gir climbed back into the pod and flew off, leaving Dib dumbfounded on the roof.

Dib climbed back into his room and sat down at his desk, picking up the picture of Zim. Dib smiled a little, thinking of the fond-ish memories he had with Zim before. He wished he could turn back the clock sometimes.. he would have done things differently. He would have done his best to keep Zim close to him, tell him he was valid, even if he was a pest sometimes. Try to be kinder...

Dib choked back tears before turning the picture around and grabbing a pen. He scribbles all the words quickly and then tucked the picture into his dresser. He stood and left his room, and made his way to his dad's lab. His father paid no attention to him as he slipped by and swiped the keys to one of the recently developed hover car.

He only turned when the engine roared to life and the roof opened. "Dib?! What are you doing with that?" Dib ignored him and flew off with only one place in mind..well actually two.

He stopped by a convenience store and came out a few minutes later with a few bags. He hopped back into the car and headed toward his next and maybe final destination. he hoped not.

He flew up past the clouds, and only remembered to put the glass cover over the car when he started getting dizzy from lack of oxygen. He shook his head at how little he had thought this through but decided to wing it anyway.

The turbulence jostled him around but he did his best to keep from passing out. soon, Dib had made it to the Irken mothership. There were no patrol pods around, which surprised and worried him. He knew Zim was probably just not fit to lead or just didn't care about defenses.

He began to relax again and continued on to the mothership when a green beam shot just next to his car. A radio transmission came through on his radio. 

"Who dares trespass? what is your purpose for being here?" 

Dib held his breath and tried to get his head in the right place.

"I-I'm here to see Zim... May I?"

There was silence on the other end of the receiver. the voice came back but it seemed hushed. 

"Do you have a death wish or something?! Go away while you still-!"

A crash followed by a scream and pleading came out of the receiver at that moment. and then a familiar voice spoke.

"Who is this? I've never seen a pod such as your's before... Ugh someone clean him up, he's getting his entrails all over my feet!"

The receiver cut off for a moment, and Dib breathed a sigh of relief. He was a whole different person now. Dib clenched his fist tightly on the steering wheel for a moment, waiting for a word from Zim. 

"Well, are you going to speak or not? I don't have much patience for you anymore, stranger. Three seconds and I shoot your ship." The receiver buzzed.

Dib frantically pushed the talk button on his side and spoke quickly. "It's Dib from the earth! I request a visit to Zim!" he clenched his teeth nervously as the other end stayed silent for some time. At last, Zim replied in a cautious and perplexed tone.

"You may...proceed."