Zim Gone

Zim left Dib's room with a small smile, but it faded quickly. Gir was already waiting in the chamber when Zim entered. "Did you have fun, master?" The little bot asked while pulling up a screen. Zim nodded, and he swayed back and forth in a kind of daze, but it wasn't a happy one. Gir watched him silently. Zim's expression did change a second later.

"I want to do that with him again, Gir! It felt so, so..." Zim paused, lost for words. Gir looked back at the screen. "Good?" the bot asked, seeming to frown. Zim nodded vigorously. "Yes, that's it! and his expressions-" Zim glanced at Gir, who seemed uninterested. Zim lowered his head, excitement gone again. "Well, that's done and over with now... so I guess that's that." Zim approached Gir to pick up the robot, but a glass dome came down in him and locked into place. Zim gulped nervously but calmed himself down. That's right, he shouldn't have gone so far with Dib. He was just supposed to say goodbye. He put his hand up to his scar, hand trembling. 

"Sorry... I'm ready, Gir."

A large glass tube came down behind Gir and broke open. The contents- an Irken body- fell and lay limp on the floor. Zim looked at the body, its back facing him. No scars. "Roll it over, Gir." Gir reached an arm back, while continuing to look at the screen, and turned the slimy body in Zim's direction. No scars. A truly flawless vessel. "Is it agreeable, master?" Gir asked.

"Yes, I'm impressed Gir."

-Dib's POV-

I really needed a shower now. I cleaned myself off the best I could with my shirt and then just sat there, thinking about what Zim had said before he walked out so suddenly. "Goodbye?" I mumbled. As if. I began trying to open the door, but on the third kick, the lights turned off suddenly, leaving me in the dark again. I sat down in front of the door and waited. When nothing happened still, I decided to take a moment for myself. Zim sure was good with that tongue of his. If only he had kept going. But I guess once was enough. I thought everything was going well, so why did he run away?

-Zim's POV-

Gir looked at me one more time as a claw came up from the center of the ground in the dome and latched itself to my Pak. I felt a wave of unease wash over me, but I know what I want, and this was all a part of the process. "If all goes well, I shall see you soon. If not, goodbye master." 

I nodded. "You are in charge when I'm gone. Don't worry about Earth anymore, I no longer hold a grudge against it.." Gir gave me a salute and activated the claw. I felt the worst pain in the universe as my Pak was ripped from my back. I couldn't even stand, falling to my hands and knees. I just had to tell myself it was all going to be worth it. The pack came up from the outside of the dome and attached it to the Irken vessel.

Once it was complete, Gir activated something else, and gas began to fill the chamber, taking my senses away. The agonizing pain soon faded as well, and it was like drifting off to sleep.

-No POV-

Gir watched Zim go limp and then turned the gas off and lifted the dome. he approached and looked his master over. He was, in truth, just asleep. But without his Pak, he was dying. At least he wasn't hurting. "Goodbye," Gir said as the floor gave way under Zim's body and he fell down a chute. When the floor came back up to how it had been, Gir turned his attention to the lifeless vessel. The Pak had been inserted and all seemed well. Gir was about to flip on the Machine that brought the Irken bodies to life once they had their Pak, as is what happens for the smeets, but suddenly paused.

Instead, he turned everything else off in the room and carried the body out and to the control room. He sat the body in the main chair and then turned to those working. "Irkens, Your Tallest is under recovery at the moment. As such, He has placed me in charge. Any disobedience will be met with a long torture session before death by Pak removal. Understood?" Each Irken nodded quickly and got back to work. Gir hopped up and sat in the lap of the vessel, His red eyes turning to green numbered code, his arms attaching to the ship. "Set our course to Earth, the invasion will now commence."