Madness, Descending

Dib woke up in a bed, not sure as to when he had gotten there, or even when he had fallen asleep. He looked over, but the space next to him was empty. The room was dim and quiet. He slid his legs over the side of the bed, about to get up when the door on the opposite side of the room opened and Zim walked in. 

"Oh, Zim. When did I fall asleep?" He asked, only to get silence in return as the door closed and Zim approached the bed. Zim now stood directly in front of him, a smile suddenly playing across his face.

"We'll be arriving shortly, Dib," Zim said slowly, leaning down and planting a soft peck on his lips. Dib felt his face go hot, and his heart skipped a beat. Before he had time to react further, Zim straddled him and pushed him down on the bed. Dib dared not move, gulping and waiting expectantly. Zim bit the fingers on one of his gloves and yanked it off of his hand. He tossed the glove to the floor and with an ever so gentle touch, he caressed Dib's cheek.

He slid his hand down to his neck, then to his chest, before drawing his hand back. Dib couldn't tell if he was being teased, or if Zim was actually hesitant to touch him. The awful lighting kept Zim's expression in the dark. "Zim-" 

"Don't speak," Zim said quickly, putting a finger on his lips. Zim suddenly got off of him and turned away. Dib almost felt disappointed, but remained quiet, sitting up. "I don't trust myself, sorry," Zim said shakily, reaching down and grabbing up his discarded glove. "I trust you." Dib found himself saying almost too quickly.

"You shouldn't," Zim said in an angered tone. Dib didn't have a chance to speak before Zim was on top of him again, hands placed firmly around his neck and squeezing harshly. Zim began to laugh as Dib tried to gasp for breath. "Don't you dare say that again!" Zim screeched, applying more pressure. His laughing became more and more unhinged and maniacal as the seconds went by, and before Dib knew it, he woke up.

-Dib's POV-

I sat up and felt around for my glasses. I put them on once I found them and looked around. I was in a bed, in a dim room. Was that a dream? I felt my neck and it ached like it was bruised. With my suspicions confirmed I got out of the bed and found my way to the door. I was still clothed, so I had to assume nothing else had happened after I had gone unconscious.

Zim was right about one thing, he really shouldn't be trusted. I was a fool, forgetting that he's hardly in the condition to be 'careful' or even 'loving'. That's right, he was a mental case that I loved more than I cared to say. I shouldn't be doing this at all.

 I walked out of the room and to my surprise, Mek was waving at the door. The little Irken waved at me and smiled. "Mek wonders if this is a coincidence or not, but my Tallest ordered me to watch the door!"

"That's great, Mek. Where's Zim though?" Mek's face fell as if disappointed, but with reluctance, they answered. "Destroying a planet. Mek was ordered to keep you here." I sighed out loud. Of course, he'd do something like this. I stepped past the small Irken and began to walk, just following my feet. Mek ran after me but had trouble keeping up with my gait.

Once I had found the command room and burst in, starling the Irkens inside. I looked for Gir, but he was absent as well. Approaching the window I watched as a planet, orange in appearance, was being swarmed by ships.

I looked at the closest Irken. "Take me to Zim," I demanded. The Irken paled but nodded, hurrying out of the room. I followed and once we reached the hanger bay we took the closest ship and I was piloted down to the planet's surface, where I saw what I assumed to be the inhabitants running for their lives.

None carried weapons, and it didn't seem like any tried to defend themselves either.

"Why are they not putting up a fight? Their livelihood is at stake!" I shouted. The Irken shook their head. "My Tallest was very happy when you chose this planet. He knew." was all the purple-eyed alien said before landing. Zim wasn't too hard to find, covered in entrails and blood, his laugh was a dead giveaway. He hacked at his victims in areas that weren't lethal, prolonging their screams of pain.

I tried to get out but was stopped. "You cannot leave this ship. Without the proper gear, you will die, and my Tallest will not be pleased."

My hands were tied. I had forgotten about being in space. I had to look on in horror at the massacre Zim was conducting. He was happy, though. His smile was genuine as he carved up bodies, and sometimes his evil laughter was a laughter of joy, passion.

Gir was beside him, granting the stout peoples of the planet a swift death after Zim had lost interest and moved on to others. I felt sick to my stomach watching, yet I couldn't take my eyes away. Something was wrong with me.

I guess I was no different than the rest of my kind. Claiming to hate death but always wanting to look when an accident happened. My skin crawled at the gore and brutality before me, yet watching Zim hack, slash and stab were like watching a painter make an exquisite piece of art.

It wasn't long after that thought did I realize I had started smiling. 

I had to look away and tell myself I didn't want to see. But what was the point in lying? "Excuse me, could we go back to the ship and get me some gear? I... I think I'd like to join him."