Chapter 9

I ran around to the front of the house so it would seem like I was out of breath from a 'run'.

I peaked my head in through the front door to check to see if anyone was in the living room but I found no one.

I looked at the clock and it said 7:43 which means I need to start getting ready for school.

I slowly crept up the stairs trying to be silent but I guess I was wrong thinking nobody was up because once I was on the second floor Stone came out of his bedroom.

"What are you doing?" He asked staring at me crossing his arms. "I...Umm...I was getting a drink" I bluffed.

"Okay...are you feeling better after last night?" He asked. I nodded and continued walking to my room but Stone grabbed my arm.

"Aurora if you need somebody to talk to I'm here for you" he sounded sincere. I gave him a small hug "thank you".

"By the way here's your phone back I convinced Damien that you should have it" he handed me my phone from his pocket. "Thank you so much Stone" I said releasing my hug.

I headed to my room to get ready for school. Thank god it's finally Friday.

~~~

"Have a good day at school sweetheart" Damien said as I got out of the car. I waved at him and walked into the school.

There was normal background noises like lockers slamming shut and peoples voices ringing loudly in my ears.

Lost in thought I hadn't noticed that Owen was trying to get my attention. "Why didn't you text me back?" He asked concerned

Remembering that I said I would text him later "oh shit I'm sorry I'll explain everything at lunch I need to get to class" I said rushing away.

I didn't give him time to respond as I was already far away from him.

I headed into class hoping I could see Zion.

Why the hell am I thinking that?

Sure enough Zion was already there sitting in his seat texting someone on his phone. I went over and sat down next to him.

He didn't look up from his phone or even acknowledge I was present. "Hey partner" I said nudging his arm.

"Hey there doll" he put his phone away and smirked at me.

"Class quiet down. We are going to be working on our projects again today and they will be due on Monday so I expect them to be completed" the teacher said sitting in her chair at her desk.

"There's no way we're getting this done today. Can you just take it home and do it?" Zion asked with pleading eyes

"Hell no this is not just my project plus I've done more than half of it" I argued. "Fine come over to my house and we can do it there" Zion said smirking.

I thought about the idea knowing that my brothers would never let me go to his house "Fine but were strictly only working on the project" I pointed at him

"Okay okay calm down women" he put his arms up. I raised an eyebrow at him

"I mean doll" he smiled at me with his perfect smile that defines his jaw beautifully.

Omg stop looking at him like that!

~~~

"Why you look dead?" Owen asked sitting next to me with his food. I had my head laid on my arm closing my eyes exhausted from last night.

I was contemplating wether or not I should tell him and Evan about what happened last night with Zion.

"Just didn't sleep too good last night plus my head is killing me" I partly lied. "I have some medicine for a headache want some?" Evan offered

I decided it was best I didn't tell them

"Please" I lifted my head up. "So why was your phone taken?" Owen said

"Somehow Jason saw us go to a party and I got into trouble" I said remembering how disappointed Jason was with me.

"Do they know about... you know Levi?" Evan hesitantly asked. "Jason does but I'm not sure if he's told the others yet"

"Oh shit" I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. "What?" Asked Owen and Evan in allusion.

"I've gotta go to Zions after school to work on a project and I need to ask Damien if I can go" I replied typing on my phone.

"Why can't you just work on it in school?" Owen asked sounding a bit upset. "It's due on Monday and we need to finish it"

Owen didn't ask anymore questions for the rest of lunch and just kept giving looks to Evan.

"Why do you keep on doing that?" I asked annoyed. "Doing what?" Owen said looking away from Evan.

"Every couple of minutes you keep on giving a look to Evan" I was confused as to why Owen was acting like this.

"I wasn't giving a god damn look. I'm gonna go head to class early" Owen said standing up not letting me reply.

"He's just... jealous that you are going to Zions" Evan said not telling me the full truth.

Why would he be jealous about that?

"Why were just working on a project" I asked. Evan sighed and stood up "Aurora he's..." Evan didn't finish his sentence "Just forget about it but please don't do anything stupid with Zion"

Evan quickly left the lunch room leaving me stunned

I'm not dumb. I won't do anything stupid with Zion will I?

~~~

Finally school was over and it was the weekend, kids were rushing out of the building while others were yelling at one another.

I was fighting the crowd looking around for Zion while being pushed around.

Someone put a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump a bit. "You scared the shit out of me" I said to Zion

He just laughed and we walked out the school. "I'm surprised your brothers let you come to my house" Zion said as we walked through the parking lot.

"Yeah me too" I scratched the back of my head.

Funny thing is they don't completely know where I'm going. I may have told Damien I was going to the twins to do some schoolwork which is a bit true since I am doing school work except it's at Zions.

We stopped in-front of an all black motorcycle. "Umm...where the hell is your truck?" I asked hoping to god this was a sick joke he was playing.

"Didn't drive it today" he said sitting on the bike. "Well I'm not riding that thing with you so-" I was cut off

"Just get your ass on the bike look I even brought an extra helmet" he pulled a helmet out his backpack and handed it to me. I rolled my eyes and put it on.

"You better not kill me Gray" I yelled a bit muffled from the helmet. I had my arms wrapped tightly around him terrified of falling off.

(Gray is Zions last name. Just thought it was cute she called him that)

"Hold tight" he yelled and took off.

I hid my head behind his back and closed my eyes ready for this to end... only thing was this was just the beginning