Chapter 20

Auroras POV

Running

Under the cold night sky I was running

Not having a clue as to where I should go or what to do while tears pour down my face.

My lungs were burning up from the lack of oxygen but I refused to slow down.

My only thoughts were faced to Owen

~~~

2 days before

"Damien are you busy at all today?" I sit down beside him on the couch

He and Stone were watching some show that I had no interest in.

"No is there something you need?" He pauses the show bringing his full attention to me

"Prom is in a couple days and I was wondering if you would bring me to buy a dress?" I say smiling at him but out of the corner of my eye I see Stone roll his eyes.

"Of course Stone is also going with us" Damien narrows his eyes at Stone not giving him a chance to object.

I smile at Stone making his lips curl up a bit. "Ok let's go" I get up happily, pulling on Damiens arm to make him move faster

Owen and I had finally decided that we were going to be matching for prom and the color would be a dark blue. I had also found out that Evan and Kiarra were going to prom together. Their matching color is going to be light pink.

"Umm what about this one?" I pull out a dress from the rack holding it up to show Damien and Stone

They both think a bit before answering "no"

I roll my eyes and carry on looking through the dresses.

"Hello my name is Addy. Would you like any help?" The lady asks me giving me a friendly smile.

"Yes, I am looking for a dark blue prom dress" she looks at my brothers confused on why they weren't saying anything.

"They are my brothers and they don't really know how to shop for dresses" I slightly whisper to her making her giggle a bit.

"I'm gonna help her find a dress. You two can go wait over there" Addy says pointing toward a couch

They both nod and walk away giving Addy and I a chance to look for dresses.

"I kinda dragged them here so they aren't in the greatest moods" I add in

"I was kinda assuming th-" she stops talking and pulls out a gorgeous blue dress.

My jaw drops as I look at it. The color was the perfect dark blue that I wanted and it was definitely my dream dress for prom.

"It's gorgeous" I say running my hand over it.

"Come and try it on" Addy pulls my hand towards the dressing rooms.

I zipped on the dress shocked on how well it fit me. I ran my hands over the lace looking into the body mirror.

In movies I've seen mothers take their daughter shopping for prom dresses. I would always notice the smiles and laughs a mother and daughter could share. I tried imagining what it would have been like if my mother was still alive.

Pushing my thoughts aside I exit the dressing room. "You look beautiful" Addy says looking me up and down.

"We need to show your brothers" she pulls my arm bringing me over to them. 

Their backs were turned and I wasn't quit sure on what they were looking at. Addy clears her throat making them turn around to face us.

Damiens eyes widen and a big smile appears on his face. Stones face didn't change and not a single emotion was showing.

"You look beautiful" Damien speaks up nudging Stones side

"Yeah you look great" I could feel the sarcasm as Stone talked

My smile drops as I look at him.

I spin around and head back to the dressing room with Addy quick on my track.

"Don't let them ruin your confidence alright?" She gives me a small smile as I stare up at her.

I nod my head and step into the dressing room, removing my dress and putting on my previous clothes.

I carry my dress out of the dressing room and walk over to Damien and Stone not giving Stone a glance.

"I'm sorry for the way I sounded earlier" Stone says as we're walking out of the store

I look at him not saying anything. He didn't deserve my forgiveness.

"Damien why did you make him come with us?" I say loud enough for Stone to hear

"Aurora quit it" Damien snaps knowing I was trying to upset Stone.

When we finally arrived home I put my dress away in my closet and decided to call Kiarra.

"Hey girl did you finally get your dress?"

"Yes I can't wait for Owen to see it" I lay on my bed looking up

"I bet he can't wait either. By the way I set up hair and makeup appointments for us so that we will look amazing for prom"

"Ok sounds great. I'm gonna do some homework I'll talk to you later"

"Ok bye"

I know it's bad to look at old texts of someone you care about since they aren't in your life anymore or you haven't talked in a while.

But sometimes I can't help it

Every night I've been reading though Zions and I old texts and every time I regret it. I miss his stupidness and our time we spend together at the lake. I hate to admit it but I miss him too.

He made me feel something that Owen couldn't. I do love Owen but sadly Zion is always on my mind and I hated myself for it.