Chapter 14

Auroras POV

"What should we do?"

"This is not ok"

"I'm gonna beat his ass"

I heard almost whispers of people in my room. I sat up in bed and was met with all five of my brothers staring at me.

"What the fuck is he doing in your bed?" Stone spoke out loudly. I looked down at Owen who was still sleeping peacefully.

"Oh umm..." I had to come up with a lie fast "I had another nightmare and I asked him to stay"

"Aurora you know better" Damien spoke out before Stone could. "I know I'm sorry" I said looking down.

"Breakfast is going to be ready soon. This better not happen again" Damien strictly said and started rushing everyone out of my room.

After the door closed Owen whispered "are they gone?" I laughed at him.

"Wow you were awake that whole time?" I said laying my head on his chest. "Yes I didn't wanna get my ass beat" he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Ok I have gotta get changed. You can go down and find Evan if you want" I started to sit up but Owen pulled me back down. "Not yet" is all he said and continued playing with my hair.

"Come on Owen if I'm not down soon my brothers will murder us" I whined. "Fine" he finally let me sit up.

"Are you doing anything today?" He asked as I looked through my phone reading texts from Zion.

"Umm... I don't think so. Do you?" I asked not looking up. "No i was thinking we could do something" he said looking at me.

"Ok we should check with Evan and make sure he also has nothing going on" I suggested. "I was thinking that it could just be us hanging out" I looked up at him wondering why he doesn't wanna bring Evan along.

"Oh ok" he started standing up and walking over to my door. "I'm gonna go find Evan" he said and left.

I continued reading through the texts from Zion last night

"Had fun today. Wanna hang tomorrow?"

"If your awake we should go to the lake"

I finally replied back to him "sorry fell asleep pretty early. I've already got plans today I'll see you tomorrow in school"

I sent the text and he immediately replied "it's fine. See you tomorrow doll"

I got dressed for the day and headed downstairs for breakfast. Evan and Owen were already sitting with my brothers eating.

Stone was eyeing Owen every once in a while during breakfast. I wasn't sure if Owen noticed but everyone else did.

"We have to work today so we won't be back until late again. I expect you to be in bed earlier since you have school tomorrow" Damien said at the end of breakfast.

"I'm not a child I don't need a bedtime" I said back annoyed. "Don't talk back" his voice boom out causing everyone to stop what their doing.

I ignored him and left going upstairs to my room. Owen and Evan were right behind me following me upstairs.

"Damn what's his problem?" Evan asked as we all sat on my bed. "It's his time of the month" I joked causing all of us to chuckle.

"Dad is here to pick us up Owen" Evan said looking at his phone. "I'm gonna hang with Aurora today you go home" Owen said.

"Oh" Evan seemed a bit devastated but didn't say anything else and left.

"I feel bad" I said looking at Owen. "He will be fine so what you wanna do?" Owen changed the subject

"We could ride bikes around town, you can use Jason's old one" I said excited. "Alright" we went downstairs thankfully my brothers had already left for work.

~~~

"Come on your so slow" Owen yelled as I tried peddling faster on my bike to catch up.

We had been riding bikes around town all day and dark grey clouds were starting to form and it looked like it would rain any second.

"Owen it's gonna rain we should head back" I said in between breaths looking up. "Yeah your right" Owen held out his hand and felt a raindrop.

We were about 30 minutes away from my house and there was no way we could make it back in time before it started to rain on us.

Lightning started lighting up the sky followed by loud booms of thunder. "Let's go take cover over there" Owen pointed towards an old rundown barn.

By the time we made it to the barn we were soaked. We put our bikes against the wall and squeezed water out of our clothes.

I looked around at the old wooden walls. The lights wouldn't turn on but I was able to find a box of matches and a candle. "Might not wanna light that. This whole thing is made out of wood" Owen pointed out.

"Yeah your right" I put the matches and candle back where I had found them. The wind was started to pick up and I was started to get chilly.

It didn't help that there were doors missing and holes in the roof where rain was dripping down. Owen was leaning on the walls looking outside.

"When do you think it will stop?" I asked standing beside him. "Not sure" he replied.

I sat down my back against the wall pulling my knees up to my chest trying to stay warm. Owen came over and sat down next to me.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, he seemed lost in thought.

"Please don't kill me" he says as I furrow my eyebrows "wha-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence as Owen cups my face with both his hands and presses our lips together.

He pulls away when I don't respond. I was too shocked to think.

"I'm sor-" this time I cut him off. I grabbed his soaked t-shirt and pulled him down connecting our lips once again.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he grabs my waist pulling me closer.

Our hair was clinging to our faces, clothes were clinging to our bodies, and us clinging to each other.

We pull away after a few minutes resting our foreheads on one another.

"Oh the things you do to me Aurora King" Owen spoke out rubbing his thumb on the top of my hand.

Is it getting hot in here or what? I've been waiting for the perfect time for them to kiss and it finally happened!