Chapter 15

Auroras POV

Owen and I had been sitting in the barn for 30 minutes waiting for the rain to stop.

I had my head resting on his shoulder while he had his arms around my waist.

Owen pointed outside "it's starting to stop" he said as the rain began turning into drops.

We stood up and got our bikes that were still dripping from the rain earlier and started peddling home.

It was starting to get dark but thankfully my brothers aren't going to be home late. "You can go home if you want since my house is the complete opposite way" I said looking over at Owen.

"No I wanna make sure you get home safe" Owen said smiling. Raindrops were still falling from his messy hair and his shirt was clinging to his body as we rode down the street together.

~~~

"Would you like me to stay until your brothers get home?" I was putting my bike away in the garage. I shook my head "no they will be home soon".

"Ok see you tomorrow" he gave me a kiss on the cheek and started peddling down my driveway.

I wasn't sure if he knew that wasn't his bike but I didn't feel like stopping him. Oh well

I went upstairs to my room trying to turn on my lamp since my room was pitch black.

"AHH WHAT THE FUCK" I screamed. Zion was laying on my bed on his phone not even phased that he almost gave me a heart attack.

"Oh hey didn't see your there" he casually said while not looking at me. "Zion what the fuck are you doing in my room?" I looked over and saw my balcony doors wide open.

"Oh the doors were unlocked so I just let myself in" I was still trying to process why he couldn't have just called or text me.

"We'll do you need something?" I asked sitting at my desk chair taking off my jacket.

"Jeez I'm not here for that" my eyes widened realizing what he was talking about. I rolled my eyes at him.

"If you keep on rolling your eyes doll they are gonna get stuck" he chuckled looking over at me. "Zion do you need something. I'm kinda tired" I whined

"Yeah tonight at midnight come to the lake" he began standing up walking over to my balcony.

"For what?" I asked curiously

"It's a surprise doll" he looked back at me one more time before walking out to my balcony and disappearing.

I laid down on my bed thinking about the events today with Owen.

I never thought that Owen would actually kiss me. I've liked him for years but I never said anything cause I didn't know if the feeling was mutual.

Oh the things you do to me Owen Marks

"Aurora were home" yelled Damien from downstairs. I went down into the kitchen where everyone else was.

"How was your day?" Jason asked eating some chips. "Not bad" I tried saying without having a huge grin on my face.

"You hungry? I could make you something" Leo offered. "No thanks. How was work?" I asked looking at everyone.

"Tiring"

"Boring"

"Tedious"

"Annoying"

"Fine I guess"

They all said at once. I nodded acting like I understood what they all said.

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed goodnight" they all replied saying goodnight and I went back upstairs.

I took a shower and put on shorts and a sweatshirt since I was going to be going out to see Zion in about an hour.

Zions POV

I made it to the lake exactly at midnight and was a bit surprised to see Aurora already sitting by the shore.

"Hey" she said softly looking at me while I made my way over to her "So what's this big secret surprise?"

"Close your eyes" she put her hands over her eyes and I made sure she wasn't peaking.

I reached in my pocket and pulled out a piece of chalk. "Hold out your hand" she hesitantly held out her hand and I placed the chalk in her hand.

"You can open them now" she opened her eyes and looked down at the peace of chalk, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion

"Follow me" I said and led her to a big concrete wall that was already written on in different colors of chalk

(This is the wall and yes the idea if from the movie "All the Bright Places". You should definitely go watch it if you haven't seen it)

While she was admiring the writings on the wall I took the chalk from her hand and filled in one of the blank lines.

I wrote; before I die I want to leave a mark

She looked at me and smiled once she saw the sentence I wrote. She then took the chalk from my hand and began writing

She wrote; before I die I want to have zero regrets

We looked at the wall for a bit longer reading strangers sentences and what they wanted to do before they died.

After a while we went back to our usual spot and sat down by the shore.

"I hope you leave your mark with whatever it may be" she half whispered.

"And I hope I have no regrets for this"

Auroras POV

Zion leaned in and kissed me cupping my face with his hands.

His touch felt electric and goosebumps rose throughout my body.

He kissed more aggressive than Owen and I hated admitting that I was enjoying it

As I started thinking clearly again I put my hand on his chest pushing him away. "Zion we can't" I whispered looking at the ground.

"Why not?" He sounded hurt and this was the last thing I wanted. "Because... I need time to think" I stood up and began walking away leaving him alone.

Fortunately Zion didn't try and stop me from leaving I think he understood that I needed time.

I looked back one last time at him. He was facing away from me staring at the lake

God it's going to be so awkward tomorrow at school