Chapter 24

Auroras POV

Running

Under the cold night sky I was running

Not having a clue as to where I should go or what to do while tears pour down my face.

My lungs were burning up from the lack of oxygen but I refused to slow down.

My only thoughts were faced to Owen.

The police officers and paramedics wouldn't let me into the ambulance since I wasn't immediate family, I wasn't even sure if Evan knew what had happened.

I decided it was best to go back to my house to get my brothers and hopefully they can drive to the hospital.

I felt as if I was drowning in a pool of regret, hatred, and guilt.

I had finally made it back home as I ran into the house screaming for one of my brothers to come and help me.

"What's going on?" Jason was the first to come downstairs. Once he saw me crying he quickly rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"What the hell?" All of my brothers had come downstairs and had looks of horror on their faces. I had forgotten that I still had blood on my hands from Owen.

"Try and breath princess" Damien said softly wiping the tears running down my cheeks.

"I-it's O-Owen" i choked out through sobs. Everyone looked at each other unsure of what to say.

"H-he was shot" my breathing was picking up and I couldn't stop shaking.

I saw Stone pull out his phone while Leo started texting somebody.

"He's at the hospital that's around 10 minutes away" Stone said not looking up.

~~~

We all rushed into the hospital not even caring that the security was trying to stop us.

"What room is Owen Marks in?" Damien asked a lady at the front desk. "He's in room 241" she read off her clipboard.

Once we made it to the hall Owens room was in, I saw Evan sitting outside the door crying with his face in his hands.

Once he saw me we both rushed over to each other crying onto each other's shoulders.

"How is he?" Jason asked hesitantly

Evan looked at the ground "he is in surgery right now and they aren't sure if he's gonna make it"

I took a breath while Damien pulled me into a hug and began stroking my hair.

"I-it's all my fault" I quietly said hiding my face into Damiens chest.

"What?" Evan asked

"It's my fault he was shot" I said a bit more clearly. "Aurora it's not your fault" Leo said trying to reassure me.

"Yes it is. I chose to meet up with Zion. I was the one that should have been shot not him" I gripped Damiens coat feeling my legs go weak.

A nurse walked out of Owens room 30 minutes later. I couldn't quit read the emotion shown on her face.

"He's stable for now. The surgery was a success. Only one person at a time is allowed in" she spoke out.

My breath caught in my throat

He's alive

Owens POV

Once I woke up from the anesthesia I was in the worst pain imaginable.

The pain worsened as my senses came back to life and my eyes were forced to adjust to the bright hospital room.

I felt my mother's hand on mine along with my fathers. My mothers cries were the only thing heard along with the heart monitor that beeped every second.

I let out a groan feeling the pain intense. Both my parents looked up at me as sighs of relief left their lips.

My mother smothered me in kisses along with my father. I had never seen him cry before, it was a bit strange to see.

The door opened and I squinted my eyes to get a better look as to who had just entered.

Aurora was standing in the doorway staring at me. Tears started pooling in her eyes as she ran over to me wrapping her arms around me.

"We will give you two some alone time" my mother said leaving the room along with my father.

"I-I thought you were dead" she still hadn't released her hug.

"I'm still alive" I said a bit shakily. It definitely made the pain worse when talking but I needed to talk to Aurora.

Auroras climbed onto the bed with me and laid her head on my chest. She was careful to not inflict any pain on me.

"I didn't think I would ever see you again" her voice was soft, I could tell she was about cry again.

"Zion can't get rid of me that easily" I lightly laughed creating the pain on my stomach to worsen causing me to hiss in pain.

"Owen it's not funny. I watched you basically die in my arms" she said strictly.

"I'm sorry" I ran my fingers through her hair trying to calm her.

It made me sick knowing how traumatic it must have been for her. She didn't even think twice when she held me in her arms as blood was seeping out of me and I loved her for that.

Teenage love is the purest type of love as stupid as it may sound. You're not with them because you need something but instead you enjoy their company. Love isn't an object, it's a feeling and when you are with them that's all you feel.

They say that your first love will always remain in your life, but it's your true love that you spend your life with.

I want to spend the rest of my life with Aurora...