Confused

My head felt like someone had hammered it open when I woke up the next day. I didn't drink often and this suddenly reminded me why. I groaned as I stepped into the shower, even the noise of the water hitting the floor felt too loud.
"Coffee and food" I chanted to myself quietly as I got dressed. The two things I needed if I was going to survive this hangover. As I stumbled into the kitchen I spotted Romanoff hanging her head over the kitchen sink.
"Glad I'm not the only one feeling delicate" I said as she straightened up looking kind of grey.

"Yeah I'm sticking to vodka next time" she winked.
Next time? Surely she didn't mean with me, she must just be talking about next time she drinks. I began to make myself a coffee when she slammed a pint of water down next to me.

"Water first agent... that's an order" she held my gaze until I picked up the glass. Was she always this bossy or was I just unlucky. Okay so maybe the water was a good idea, it definitely made me feel a little better but not as much as some good..

"Food?" She asked sweetly, "want to get food?" One second she's all orders and demands and next it sweetness and light. I couldn't work her out, so I just nodded, I needed food and she'd probably make me go anyway even if I said no.
"Come on I know a good breakfast place" she headed off to her room to get ready.

She definitely looked better than I felt when we'd finished eating, I just wanted to crawl up in bed and sleep for a week. Miss perfect however looked ready to jump into action.
"So last night..." I started cautiously, she'd definitely kissed me...hadn't she? she'd been normal all day, maybe I'd dreamt of the kiss.
"What about it?" She raised her eyes from her phone to meet mine. I really wanted to mention the kiss but I didn't have the courage.
"Last night erm, well I think it put me off wine for good" I tried to change the subject I'd stupidly raised.

Her eyes widened and I thought I saw a glimmer of sadness there, "why?"she asked quietly.
Oh god she thinks I mean because of the kiss...
I scrambled with my words to put her at ease, "because I woke up feel like I'd been kicked in the head by a horse!" I laughed, "you're telling me vodka is better?"
The doubt left her eyes as she smiled, "definitely...don't you get out much agent?" She asked.

I shook my head "not really, I like to focus on work and training as you know, I don't really make time to party"
She studied me for a while, I thought she was going to ask me a question but no question came.
"Do you...get out much?" I asked when the silence had hung in the air for a little too long.
She wiggled her eyebrows at me with a smirk, "confidential agent"
I felt an odd pang of jealousy, who was I to care what she got up to in her free time? But here I was doing just that. I picked at my toast a little more but pushed my plate away, my hunger was gone.
She was looking at my curiously when I next glanced at her, as if she was trying to workout what I was thinking.

"Do you date agent?" Her next question surprised me, again I shook my head, I'm being serious when I say all I do is work and train.
"Never?" She pressed on.
"Nope, never been on a date..." I wanted to say the closest thing I'd ever been to a date was last night but the words failed in my throat.
"Interesting" she stood up and naturally I followed, if I'm honest this whole trip to France was beginning to feel like a date. We still hadn't done any work and she was spending more time getting to know me than anything else. I was definitely imagining things, Romanoff was just as career focused as me, there's no way she'd be taking this time off to seduce me. Right?