Freaky Friday

Next chapter will have that more mature content I know you all wait for 🤣👀 but for now here is some plot

I sat bolt upright in the tent Yelena had insisted we sleep in all week, we'd been lying low for just over a month and the novelty had worn off. Maybe going back with Fury wouldn't have been so bad after all. I was still trying to understand why Nat had told me to run, it didn't make sense. She was always trying to keep me safe and this didn't seem to fit with that, I was slowly beginning to understand that Romanoff kept most of her reasoning a secret.

My body felt weird, I hoped I wasn't about to get sick with something. I rubbed my eyes and took a quick glance at my watch. Odd, it wasn't on my wrist I could have sworn I was wearing it when I went to bed. I flopped back down to the surprisingly soft floor and closed my eyes. It was probably Yelena practicing stealing again.

"Wake up...we have to go now. I am hungry and I am bored of this place" Yelena was already shoving our clothing into bags.
I barely remembered my watch had been missing last night when I checked the time. 6am. Wait...
"Did you take my watch?"
"No...it is on your wrist?" She spoke slowly like I was an idiot. Maybe I'd just been tired when I checked.

We packed up in silence, one thing was certain apart from all the clowning around we'd become quite the team. If we were ever trusted to go on a mission again we'd be quite the force, I barely looked as I caught the bag Yelena threw towards me. Who knew spending so much time with someone basically gave you a sixth sense to their movements.
"Where are we headed off to?"
Yelena shrugged packing up a car we'd borrowed a few towns back. Okay so maybe borrowed is being generous but we left our bike so it was like a swap really. "I don't know. It's my first time in...wherever we are right now" she stretched before turning to face me. "Maybe a night in a real bed would be nice"
I nodded, I was about to get in the car when I heard something. I stared out into the forest wondering, maybe hoping, that Nat had finally caught up to us.
"Get in already!" Yelena revved the car snapping me from my thoughts.

———
Natasha kicked the remains of a campfire in frustration.
"I told you we shouldn't have stopped last night. We've only just missed them...again"
"And I told you not to shoot at Bruce and yet here we are out on our own" Wanda sighed. Nat knew she had a point, she knew she should have stopped after she'd smashed up Bruce's lab and pushed him around a few times. It was surprising he'd managed not to turn green in that time but pulling the gun had maybe been too far. She had to contain the laugh she was trying to hide from Wanda. It had been quite funny, but it would have been way worse if Wanda hadn't arrived when she did.
"Natasha...you're lucky he didn't throw you through the window" Wanda rolled her eyes when she saw Nat's face.

"You have to admit he deserved it. He knew Fury would separate them the second he knew about those lab reports...lab reports that prove nothing might I remind you. We've been tailing them for weeks and nothing bad has happened" she squatted to the ground as she spoke and began to study the floor.
"You don't have to remind me of anything Natasha, I agree with you. Or I wouldn't be here. I didn't think they'd be this hard to find though, they're usually a disaster together"
Nat forced a smile, Wanda was right they were normally too busy having fun to think properly but it turned out years of training had paid off. Nat turned to face Wanda and tried to keep the forced smile plastered on her face. "What did Bruce say again? That their cells were reacting? Maybe it just made them less stupid"
Wanda knew Nat was putting on a brave face, she didn't need to be a mind reader to know that.

——
"I made macaroni" Yelena's voice echoed through the empty house. We'd picked the locks into the big house and the dust that covered most of the surfaces suggested it had been empty for a while. I'd been trying to catch up on the news, we hadn't seen a tv in a month. There was a report about a clear up mission being underway in London have the avengers had stopped an attack just over a week ago. I watched the shaky video camera footage of Peter and Cap swinging into action. There was no Natasha in any of the clips, I hoped it was because she was looking for us and not because she was in trouble. A weird guilt began to gnaw in my stomach, maybe I should have just gone with Fury...
"We do not watch tv while we eat" Yelena dragged me to the kitchen table.
"Did you see those guys they were fighting?" I asked between mouthfuls, Lena wasn't a bad cook must have been from all those days watching Wanda.
She shook her head before mumbling about lack of hot sauce.
"No but they looked like they'd attached their weapons to their skin it was weird"

After we ate we fought over who was going to sleep where until we decided that we should probably just share a bed incase we had to leave quickly in the dead of night. The first few nights on our adventure we'd stayed up until the sun was coming up talking about anything and everything, now we just quietly fell asleep lost in our own thoughts.

I padded quietly out of our room when I woke up from a restless sleep. I knew Yelena had slept just as badly from all the tossing and turning so I figured i'd surprise her with a coffee. As I searched the kitchen cupboards I frowned as I had to half climb on the counter to reach the top shelves. Either I was shrinking or these shelves were higher than usual. I glanced to check the time and once again my watch was missing, I was going to have to tell Yelena that all the slight of hand practice was getting annoying. I turned mugs of coffee in hand as I heard her enter the kitchen, before I could even speak the mugs fell from my hand.

Hot coffee splashed everywhere, I barely felt it burning my feet as I stared at the figure in front of me. The figure stared back equally horrified.
"No" we said in unison. "Bathroom"
Yelena and I sprinted to the closest mirror almost elbowing each other out of the way. I stared at the reflection before me touching my face gently whilst the figure next to me did the same.
"What do we do now?" I said after minutes of staring at my face in the mirror.
"Sit tight and hope Nat and Wanda can fix it?" Yelena said weakly now staring into her face...my face? I felt a wave of panic crash over me. I was stuck in Yelena's body and she was stuck in mine.