Chapter eight

☪︎ℳ𝒶𝓁𝓋𝒶☪︎

I jolted up from my position not feeling the sharp pain in my chest anymore

I jolted up from my position not feeling the sharp pain in my chest anymore. I look around remembering vividly what happened, I was in a black space with two doors on the opposite side.

I look in the corner to see a figure that was blacked out. I stood up stepping closer to the figure as I notice the brown hair, light skin, with hazel eyes from anywhere.

I immediately jumped onto toby arms giving him a tight hug, He didn't look lifeless, He looked full of life. Tears fell as he wrapped his arms around me.

"What the hell are you doing here dumbass" Toby said pushing off the hug . "I sort of maybe got shot" I said earning a deep chuckle from toby.

"Malva you can't stay here" Toby said in all seriousness. "Why can't I? My person is here down there in hell I have no one" I said which are my true feelings, I couldn't relate to anyone, I couldn't just talk to anyone and still be seen the same way.

"Hell my own father hates me. So does my mother."

"Mal, I'm not your person. Your person is closer than you think and that isn't me that's why you have to go back" Toby said before out of nowhere we were in our place. Which was the cliff. The place I would go to to fill whole again "-Your father doesn't hates you. He acts that way because he love you."

"How did yo-" I started, Toby laughed before saying "We're dead we can do anything really" Toby said before randomly handing me ice cream. I'm dead? Like actually dead?

"Mal we have 24 hours before you either walk through the left door or the right"

"Toby, I cannot just lose you again, I cannot just go through the pain of my bestfriend being gone-" I started soon interrupted by toby interlocking our hands.

"Mal, Your feature needs you not your past"

"You're alone" My voice breaking as tears threatened to fall.

"Mal, Soon after I died, my mother died from a stroke. Mal what I'm trying to say is let me go, We will meet again but not right now" Toby said. I started chuckling at a random thought.

"This turned into a poetry slam real fast" I randomly stated. Trying to lighten the mood.

"Mal"

"Hmm" I said letting him know I'm listening,

"Your holding on to the past, If you chose to go back. You need to allow yourself to find happiness. Don't hold yourself back because of me"

Toby was right, as much as I hated it, I needed to let go, to allow myself to find happiness. And move on.

"I see You and Blaise have been getting closer" Toby said nudging me, "If you mean throwing knives at each other and fighting, I guess" I said laughing a bit.