Chapter 21

☪︎ℳ𝒶𝓁𝓋𝒶☪︎. *edited*
Once my father recovered in Vegas we all went back home.
Me and Blaise have been great actually. We keep it on the down low. Spend time with each other when we could.

Freya was going to pop any moment which kept us all on our toes literally.My sister is hella annoying so her pregnancy is just like a walking little satan or something.

Today we had a conference meeting. Then I was going to look back over the file Ice gave me about my birth mother.

Once I was all dressed in jeans that happen to make my butt look nice, I also put on a white cropped shirt. I put on some white boots with a small heel.

I looked at the time to see that I'm like 10 minutes late for the meeting which made me hurry more.

Once I got to the conference room, I took my files and sat at my seat not missing the scowl Blaise was giving me right now.

"Got caught up, you may resume" I said before putting on my glasses and reading a file.

"We were talking about, Well Blaise was saying how he wants to how do I put this... Check into your dead mother just to see her connection with the Mafia" Faze blurted out.

I froze what I was doing and took off my glasses. Only me and Ice know that my mother was alive after the birth. There's no way in hell I'm risking the chances by letting Blaise snoop around.

"No" I simply said, staring at Blaise, Of course he challenged me.

"Malva, We know nothing about your mother, she could be a connection to the other side" Blaise suggested.

My own mother is long gone, There's no way she would hurt me like that.

"She's dead Blaise let it go" I argued standing up not messing the look from my father, He looked guilty.

"Well if she's dead, like you say she is then why don't you know where she's buried?" Blaise asked, also standing up.

I gulped before taking my files and leaving the meeting. He knows something. All of a sudden he's on my ass about my birth mother.

Me walking out on the meeting was immature but Blaise bringing a personal matter into work is also immature.

As I was speed walking down the hall Caspain caught up with me.

"What's wrong Malva?" Caspain asked, I guess I looked pissed or something.

"Nothing" I simply answered before going to my room. I sat on my bed and opened the files.

Marlena Amara:

5 prison records. All paid off by, Unknown

Marlena was 19 when she gave birth to a baby girl. Marlena passed away due to child birth complications.

Marlena parents, Alive, Unknown. Marlena grew up in foster care. She was abused by her first home and ran away when she was 17.

Marlena parents were spotted at, *address

Once I finished reading over the files, I looked at the address and took a picture of it. It says the car ride will be 6 hours just to go to the address that was on the paper.