Hello From Maui

Mika's p.o.v

......Dear Bose,

Hello from Maui! Delivery here is pretty slow so by the time you get this I'll already be in your arms hugging the life out of you but I had to write to you before leaving. You always poked fun at me for never getting out of my comfort zone and being a bit of a hermit last year but I'd think you'd be very proud of me if you could see me now. Coming here was the best choice my parents have ever made, it's beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

We've been crazy trying to go to all the sights and beaches and eating all the food until we have to get back before spring break was over. Maybe I really had been a hermit because I've been an absolute peppy since I've arrived. I spent time at Kaanapali Beach, climbed West Maui mountains, explored road Hanna and I even went hiking in Haleakala National Park without once complaining about the summer sun! We've had so much fun, all of us. But I think Miles was having the best time out of all. He was seriously thinking about maybe coming back here after graduation to finish his studies on the 'ancient art of silence'.

But the best part of this trip was spending time with Chapa, I'm glad I convinced her to come along with us. We went diving, helicoptered over historic volcanos, sang karaoke, went to the spa, and had the best ice cream ever! The truth was I've been so busy that I forgot to miss you...I'm kidding! it's driving me insane not seeing you. But we won't have to worry about that because fingers crossed that I get my acceptance letter from Berkeley and you and I never have to be this far apart ever again.

I love you, Bose, more than words.

p.s: I think our friend Chapa has sparked her own little romance since we've been here. She met this supercute girl at Molokini Carter and when i tell you it was all heart eyes.

"Did you remember to include 'honey'," Miles said from behind me fake barfing. "Miles," I warned rolling my eyes and putting my pen down. He and Chapa were making their way over to me with the desserts we happily ordered sitting in this sketch-themed cafe. "You're so extra," Miles took a seat along with Chapa putting their cupcakes on the table. "These look so good," Chapa drooled over them.

"I just miss him, we've barely talked since I've been in Maui," I reasoned with him.

"Oh no the world is gonna come to an end!" Miles sarcastically said.

"I thought twins were supposed to grow closer and become nicer to each other with age," I pouted at him. It felt like he just kept getting meaner every day. Or was it annoying?

"And i thought sunburn was a myth, like dinosaurs," Chapa added showing us her sunburned arm. I was about to tell her she was using the wrong analogy but I decided not even bother at this point. "Well I'm just glad you both are going to Berkeley because I know you can't handle long distances," Miles shook his head. I really wish he hadn't said that. What if he just jinked it! "Don't say that! i haven't gotten in yet remember?" I gave him the side-eye reaching for a cupcake. Miles and I leaned closer to each other so Chapa could take a picture. She aimed the camera at us.

"I think you should wait until you hear back from all your colleges first, then make a decision, " Chapa said snapping the picture. Here we go again, I'd already told Chapa that I wanted to go to Berkeley and that was final. Bose had worked his ass trying to get in because apparently, that's where his grandpa from his Mom's side went to college and his Mom had been telling him stories ever since he was little about how much he loved it there. I had never been as proud as I was when he delivered the news that he was accepted.

"Well, Bose is going. It's a great school and I think it'd be perfect for me," I disclosed.

"Okay then," Chapa backed down taking a bit from her cupcake but she didn't seem too convinced. Okay so maybe i did have some doubts but it was no biggie, as long as i was with Bose, everything would be perfect.