Arrivals In Swellview

Mika's p.o.v

My parents were ecstatic when I told them the news about Noah. I had said yes of course when he had proposed to me. I would have been crazy not to, he was perfect for me, and on top of that my family adored him. My parents had met him when they came to visit New York for their 'kids free years ahead' vacation. Noah and Dad really bonded over horseback riding, Noah's parents had him taking lessons since he was 6 years old and Dad liked someone who 'appreciated the fine art and history of saddles'. Mom was just happy that i was happy. Miles wasn't crazy about him at first but after a few drop-in, he and Noah had formed somewhat of a mutual relationship.

Now, Chapa, that was a little harder to get to. She had never formally met him, i mean I've talked to her about him, and occasionally when i was on face time with her they would start a quick polite chat but that was it. However, when i did see her in person for our girl's trip to Venezuela and i would mention Noah she seemed a little put off but i just shook it off. When i told her that we were engaged she started firstly asking me all tons of questions but in the end, she expressed pure joy for me. 

The truth was i didn't care when Noah and I got married as long as he was still by my side. My Mom on the other hand took it as a sign that it was gonna be her special day. She started making all these plans, flooded my phone with wedding dresses, setting possible dates, and now that i think about she's probably already had everything planned out since i was born. One thing she had her heart set on was that the wedding take place in Swellview, and i was all for it! I loved Swellview and what better place to celebrate one of the most important days of my life.

That all happened 2 weeks ago. But i still had one more surprise for them. I was returning to Swelllview tomorrow but this time with Noah and i didn't tell anyone i was coming yet except for Chapa because i had convinced her to come to Swellview for the summer with me. I told her it would be good for her to stop avoiding her parents and try to act like she was their child for just a few weeks. I tracked the calendar and supposedly the Macklin/Jones family was having their annual family gathering this summer and it was taking place in Swellview. I use to look forward to going every year but I've been too busy to attend. I missed my cousins dearly, well the ones who weren't snakes that is.

But anyways what better place to break the news everybody. This would be Noah's first time in Swellview and i hoped it would go well. I texted my publisher the final details for my upcoming book just to make sure we had everything sorted. Ray would flip when he reads it and realizes i didn't interpret any of his 'tips'. I loved him but we all know he wouldn't know a good book if it smacked him upside the head.

I put my phone down and continued packing thinking about Swellview. Schwoz had told me that the crime rate went down but Captain Man still got a kick out of finding the smallest person committing somewhat of a crime. I laughed remembering the good old days. 

As i sat on my bed in my apartment it felt like just yesterday i was sitting in my old room packing to move away, only this time i knew no one was coming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bose's p.o.v

"Bobo! Mommy's gonna cry!" Mom engulfed me in a hug at the front door. I hug her back tighter. "I missed you too," I responded enjoying feeling my Mom's affection again. She released me and i noticed Meatball sitting on the couch eyeing me, "Meatball," i gave him a distaste full greeting. "Well your step-father's away on business but he'll be back tomorrow morning but in the meantime, you and i are going to have so much more time to spend together," Mom went on picking up a Meatball. It didn't surprise me that Dad was gone, ever since he moved up from Vice Mayor to Mayor Mom had said he's been super busy. "Oh that reminds me i just have to show you this cat bed i got for Meatball at the..." i started to drown her out as she walked away into the kitchen. 

I looked around the place and in an instant, I was 15 again playing video games on the couch. In particular, nothing had changed, but of course, everything had changed.  I quickly took my phone out to text Miles.

B: Summer in Swellview isn't as hot as i remembered. 

Just a little hint that i had arrived. I put my phone in my back pocket and brought one of my suitcases outside with me to the guest house. The same one my Mom gave me after she found Meatball. Unfortunately, i couldn't live there alone due to child safety regulations so i had to move back in. But the few times i came back to Swellview during college i decide i wanted to go back to the guest house and make it my own. It's not like we ever used it anyways. I got the key and unlocked the door letting myself in. I dropped the keys on the table at the entrance and locked the door before moving my suitcase aside.

All of a sudden i got this urge to make this one of my best summers yet. I was back home and i was finally getting the chance to see my best friend again. I was ready for the most relaxing, fun-filled party summer there's ever been. What could possibly go wrong? You know what i take that back, because everything i thought that it would somehow become worse.

Miles's p.o.v

I was chilling on the couch with my Mom while my Dad was clearing off the breakfast plates complaining about having to see his brother at the Macklin/ Jones annual family gathering. Mom was watching TV nodding her head along pretending to listen and i was scrolling through my phone doing the same. I had been back for a week now and it wasn't much because i never actually left. I came by more often than i should have but i did have more of an advantage than everyone else.

A message popped up on my screen and i gasped no longer gripping the pillow i was holding. It was Bose! He was here already?! I got so excited i could barely type something. 

M: Seriously?! On my way.

I knew i would see him at the gathering because my Mom had invited his family but i couldn't wait! I got off the couch still beaming at my phone and my Mom asked, "What's the occasion?". I was about to tell her about Bose but the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," Dad said. Mom and i turned our attention to the door. We hadn't been expecting anyone until Saturday, maybe one of my cousin's families had arrived early. 

My Dad opened it without hesitation and we heard him praise, "Oh my lord my little girl!". Mom kicked her feet off the coffee table and followed behind me to see who had come. My Mom squealed what she saw Mika hugging my Dad and Noah standing behind her with a huge grin on his face. "Oh my god, what are you doing here?!" Mom embraced her and i could hear Mika's spontaneous laugher. I blinked a few just to make sure i wasn't seeing things, although it wasn't super hot it was still hot enough to hallucinate. 

Mika noticed me and placed her hand on her hip, "You're just gonna stand there and leave your twin hanging?". Yep, that was definitely her. "Dude!" I cheered nearly tackling her. "What are you doing here i thought you said you couldn't make it this year?" I questioned. "I thought why not grace you all with my presence," She flipped her braids. I playfully shoved her. Mika looked back and saw Noah still standing there with a smile on his face.

"And you all know my Fiance," She wrapped an arm around his waist and poked his stomach. "It's great to see you all again!" Noah started greeting my parents who were more than pleased that he was here. Fiance? I thought Mom was just joking about that. I didn't understand why anyone would want to date Mika in the first place? But marrying my sister, that was just borderline insane. She wasn't even all that. More so i can't say i didn't expect it, they had been crazy about each other ever since they first met, from what i heard at least. Plus she was all grown up now...what am i saying we're the same exact age. 

I listened to Noah and my parents quickly catch up on things and congratulate them with a pilot smile on my face until i heard them mention Mika and Noah coming to the gathering. My face drastically turned fearsome. I realized that Mika would be going. I realized I had also mentioned to Bose that she wasn't. I hadn't actually said her name because we kind of had this unspoken agreement to never speak of her for Bose's sake.

 After everything that happened between them I didn't wanna see the outburst I would cause if I so even slipped up and referred to her. 

I didn't know how he felt about her anymore and if he even still thought about Mika. Sometimes I wanted to bring her up just to see what he would say but restrained myself. But maybe now was my chance to just let it all happen on its own. Maybe it was time to finally put all of this behind us. Maybe I didn't have to tell Bose that Mika had also returned to Swellview, and no one had to tell Mika that he had to. Just until Saturday.