Not Fine

Chapa's p.o.v

I stood in the middle of the bridal shop and checked catering off the binder speaking into my earpiece. It doesn't work but it sure does make me feel and look a lot more professional. Speaking of looking professional i should really check to see if my suit was ready for pick up. I wouldn't be the maid of honor if i didn't look second best to the bride, and oh and i guess the groom or whatever. I clicked my earpiece one more time and heard that Mika was still talking. She was in the dressing room trying on a gown and occasionally i heard loud thumps so it's safe to say she might have been struggling. 

"Since it's such 'short' notice Nathalie said she'll get back to me as soon as possible but Kimmy and Becky will definitely be coming so that's a start," Mika informed me. 

"You're right, but don't worry about Nathalie, I'll call her again and see if we can work something out," I assured. 

"Thanks, Chapa, i'd be okay if she wasn't here for the bridal shower but that's not as important, i don't know how I'd handle all this without you," She expressed.

"No problem, a maid of honors work is never done," I flipped my short hair.

"Go through you stupid lace!" Mika yelled from the other side and i jumped.

Mika's p.o.v

After about 4 attempts i finally got the dress on. Picked up the bottom half and stepped out of the dressing room looking into the giant mirror that was placed to the right of it. My eyebrows shot up involuntary. I didn't expect to look so, bridal? I tilted my head to the side studying the dress, it was no doubt gorgeous, by far my favorite one. I ran my hands down my waist to feel the material. I stepped closer to the mirror really looking at myself. I plastered a small smile on my face to top the look. 

Suddenly i was taken back to when i first laid eyes on my prom dress. I had fallen in love with it right away and that's what this felt like. The whole time we've been here I've been so focused on the reaction rather than the perfect dress for me. It was exhausting but once i basically kicked my Mom and Chapato the curve, I got a chance to pick one without feeling pressured. I was proud of myself.

I heard a gasp and looked behind me using the mirror to see it was only my Mom. I was so caught up in my own little world so she almost startled me. She walked up behind me with teary eyes. I put my hand up to stop her, "Seriously if you keep crying you're gonna run out before the wedding," I joked.  Mom laughed then hugged me, "You look beautiful,". I leaned back and rested my head on her shoulder, "Thanks Mom".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bose's p.o.v

"Oh Bosey!" Schwoz gushed tightly hugging me. "Um, I'm here too," Miles waved. Schwoz ignored him and pulled away from me. Miles rolled his eye and went to sit down on the new and improved man couch. Ray and Schwoz have really cleaned this place up. It went from the man's nest to the man's cave all over again. "I've missed my favorite so much! How is everything?" He conversated. "Same old same old," I waved my hand left and right ruffling the parts of his head that had hair. "It's so good to see you again," I added.

"Hey Schwoz they keeping send us stupid letter's about insurance-" Ray was saying coming from the sliding doors but stopped when he saw me. "Bose!" He cheered tossing the stack of letters he was holding. "And Miles," Miles added raising his hand. Again he was ignored and Ray came to embrace me. I thought it'd be a simple hug but as usual he started shaking me and i began to feel faint. 

"Ray, stop before you shake him to sleep," Miles told him and Ray helped me stand up straight. I blinked a few times still feeling woozy. "How's my second favorite doing?" He started to shake me again and Schwoz slapped him away. "I'm alright," I answered fixing my hair back in place flattered that Ray was this excited to see me. Then i noticed Ray eyeing me, "But are you though?". What was that supposed to mean? I was fine, better than ever, "Um, yes,". 

Ray took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and brought his hands together like he was praying. I noticed Schwoz roll his eyes leaning on the couch. "What's his deal?" Miles asked Schwoz. "A couple of months ago he met this Mom down by Nacho Ball and she said he was too insensitive and wasn't a good listener. So every since then he's been trying to prove that he could be sensitive and take other people feeling into account,". Miles and i had an 'Ah' moment understanding. Ray opened his eyes staring off into space, "I am now one with the spiritual gods!" He thundered. You know what maybe now wasn't the best time to come visit him.

"Miles, Schwoz could you give Bose and i a minute, " He inhaled. Schwoz stopped leaning on the couch and went over to where Ray had thrown the mail. "Whatever, i have to file your taxes anyway," He mentioned picking up the mail. I turn to Miles pleading with him through my eyes to not leave me alone with 'Senestive Ray'. He leaped over the couch following Schwoz, "Sorry i can't do anything, you are the favorite after all," He mocked.

"Sit," Ray gestured to the couch doing a ballerina dance towards it. I clapped at how elegant he managed to make it look. He bowed before sitting down. Ray stared me down and asked, "Now tell Daddy what's wrong?". "Ew," i said disgusted that he still referred to himself as that. "As i said, i'm fine, better than ever," I assured. Ray plastered on an over-the-top sympathetic look on his face. Strangely it made me feel like i was being seen for the first time. It got me thinking if i really was okay...

"Mika," He nodded understandingly.

When he mentioned her name there was that grief i felt in my chest. I started thinking about her again. Who I'm i kidding? It's not like i ever fully stopped. "The closer we get to the wedding the more i want to..." What did i even want? "Disappear", i sighed

"When i saw her again, i didn't know what to do with myself but it was heart-wrenching when she introduced me to Noah. I don't get it, Ray, it makes me question everything. If what Mika and i had was real how was she perfectly okay with being with someone else. When we're together now, it's like she forgot who i use to be to her. So no, I'm not fine. But i have no choice but to be fine," i confessed. There was so much i needed to get off my case.

"This must be really hard for you," Ray hummed.

"And you're right. You do have no choice but to be fine, so why don't you just tell Mika how you feel," He joked.

I couldn't help but laugh at what i thought was a joke, "Yeah right! 'Oh hi Mika remember that night i broke up with you during prom because i couldn't handle watching you grow and live life without me, lol yeah turns out i was just in a silly goofy mood',". 

"Exactly! Just not the last part," Ray raptured. "I'm not doing that!" I disclosed.  "Bose," He said taking my hands but i quickly pushed them away. 

"Too far?" He questioned. 

"Vey much," I replied.

"Listen take these words from me, an older, wiser, handsome, humble, beautiful, humble, gentleman, did i mention humble" Ray praised himself, "Do you really want to live the rest of your life regretting what might have been? Or do you want to suffer in silence?" He asked. This was a no-brainer, there was only one logical answer, "Suffer in silence,".  "Valid," Ray agreed quickly getting up. " I mean you did have two months during that summer to make it up to her, and you never did, so yeah, that was for sure your fault, " Ray went on. "It's not like you ever tried to go back to her after that anyways," Ray dramatically laughed.

I never did tell anyone that i went to go find her that day. I didn't think it mattered anymore, i never thought i'd see her again, which was stupid on my part. 

I refuse to be the person standing in the way of her and her happiness, twice.

"Well, this was a great session don't you think?" Ray rested his face on his palms and dreamily peered at me. I did in fact feel lighter confessing of all that, "Yeah i feel-" 

"Great, now here's the bill!" He pulled a receipt out of his back pocket. Bill? He was seriously charging me for a session i didn't ask for?! " I should be a life coach," He stretched. I looked at the bill then back at Ray. I smiled, it's good to know some things never change.

My phone went off and i picked it up to see it was my Dad calling. I still had in my contacts as Joey because i didn't know how i felt about have one named 'Vice-Dad' and the other 'Dad'. 

"Hey, Dad, what's up?" I greeted genuinely happy to talk to him.