Flight 267

Mika's p.o.v

"Mika, we have to go now if you don't want to miss your flight sweetheart," Mom rubbed my back. I looked at the alarm clock still sitting on my dresser. She was right, I couldn't wait any longer. As much as I hated to admit it, "Bose isn't coming,". 

"I'm so sorry," Mom continued rubbing my back. The soul-crushing sensation that it was over hurt more than the morning after we broke up. That was saying a lot because I swore to myself nothing would ever top the pain and heartache i felt that day. This was officially our breaking point. I looked at my Mom holding back my tears, then back at the window, he should have come through. I wasn't strong enough to keep the tears inside my eyes and they stared silently pouring down my face. I was sick and tired of crying. I quickly reached up my hand to wipe them. There was no point in weeping over what was already done. I looked away from the window.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I choked down the lump in my throat. She nodded sympathetically and left me to follow behind. I walked out holding the doorknob, I paused to look back at my childhood bedroom where I had experienced some of my best memories and possibly my worst one. 

Bose let me go, now I had to do the same.

I bit my lower lip before taking that final step and closing the door.

Bose's p.o.v

"Pick up, pick up, pick up," I anxiously murmured on the phone and honked my horn in frustration when the light turned green. I was calling Miles to see if he could stall Mika for me, I would have called her myself but I remembered i deleted her number out of anger. I was officially the dumbest idiot ever. "Bose?" I heard Miles answer. "Miles I'm coming where's Mika?!" I desperately asked. "Dude, she's on her way to that airport, if not then she's most likely already there, boarding flight 267," Miles said a little aggressively. I hurt her, I know, I messed up. When I heard Airport I stopped my car and reckless turned the corner. Was I that late? I needed Miles to call Mika for me, tell her I was on my way and that I wasn't going to leave her like this. 

"Miles listen to me, I need you to tell Mika to wait for me, I'm on my way to the airport, tell her to wait please, and also I love her and I'm sorry," I begged. The other end was silent and i looked at my phone screen to see it was off. I looked back up at the road to make sure I didn't get myself killed. I pressed the power button and my phone was still off. The god damn battery had died. It died! I groaned in annoyance. Seriously?! This had to happen now? Just my luck.  I focused my attention back on driving, I didn't know how much Miles heard before the phone cut off but I didn't have time to worry about it. 

Mile's p.o.v

"Miles listen to me, i need you to-" Bose was saying but then the line went dead. Needed me to do what?

Bose's p.o.v

I checked the time on my car while my stomach did flips and I felt sick thinking about her getting onto the plane without me getting the chance to talk to her. I honked my horn again and started speeding. Why was traffic so bad today? I could have just pressed my auto power-up fly button but apparently that only existed in video games. Everything was easy in video games.

I was on the verge of breaking down when I saw the light about to turn red again. I checked the time and I wanted to be able to stop everything. It scared me a little that I didn't seem to try and slow down for the red light. This wasn't a choice.

"Screw it," I stepped on the gas and drove right past it. I really hope that doesn't come back to bit me in the ass.

But I had a really good reason. It'll kill me if Mika was the one that got away.

Mika's p.o.v

I stepped on the escalator with my suitcase and waited for it to reach the top. I turned back to wave another farewell to my parents. My Dad was still sobbing way more than he needed to be, Mom had her hand placed on her heart and waved at me as well. I turned my back on them, pushed my hair back, and started walking through the airport to the waiting lounge.