5 Years Late

Bose swallowed a lump in his throat when he first laid eyes on Mika. To him, there was nothing more breathtaking, radiant, captivating, and everything worthy jumping through hoops for, than Mika Macklin standing there in all white. He saw her grip tightly onto her phone when she saw Him. "What are you doing here?" she cried seemingly exhausted. He didn't exactly plan what he was going to say, but he couldn't let her go out there without seeing her first. Bose took a deep breath and let his heart do the talking, surprising himself with every word that came out of his mouth. 

"Yes, i know i have really bad timing..." He trailed off, "Like really bad timing," he empathized. Mika stood there praying he wasn't about to say what she thought he was going to say, also praying that he did. 

"I'm coming back for you," Bose affirmed. 

Mika scoffed, "You're 5 years late," she crossed her arm to keep her posture up. 

He didn't say anything but instead looked down at the book he was holding. Mika noticed it but she didn't know where she recognized it from. "Actually i was 5 minutes late?" Bose revealed staring upwards at her. Mika slowly uncrossed her arm not expecting that reply. "What?" She questioned, softening the expression on her face. 

"It wasn't over for me, by the time i broke nearly every single driver's law in Swellview, got held up by security for public disturbance, and thought about committing a federal crime...." He stopped blabbering to see a fuddled Mika. "You already got on your flight and there was nothing i could do to stop it," he admitted, "I went after you Mika, i never let you go,".

It was safe to say that Mika was dumbfounded by this news. On one hand, she felt like crying because she was right, he didn't give up on them. But on the other hand, He did give up on them and that's how they ended up in this mess in the first place. Yes, he may have come back to her, but under the circumstances, it barely changed anything. 

This is why it took every reasonable nerve in her body for her to tell Bose, "Noah is waiting for me, and he's gonna be crushed when i tell him. I made a promise to him, he gave me a ring, and i gave him my word," She calmly said interlocking her own fingers. 

Bose didn't know where she was going with that until she looked away from him surely feeling his stare. She was still wanted to go through with this. Even after he confessed, she was still going to marry Noah.

"Are you kidding!?" He said louder than he intended. She couldn't do that! It was obvious she still felt something for him.

"Hate to break it to you Macklin but i don't think your words matter's anymore!" He shouted as Mika started speaking over him. "I don't- i don't know that okay! I'll find out when i tell him before it's time-" She defended herself matching his tone. Bullshit, Bose called. It took all Mika's willpower not to crumble and burst out crying. She refused to let him be the cause of any more of her tears.

Bose tilted his head studying her. She may have been ten times smarter than him but only he was observant enough to see right through her. "This is not about keeping your promise, this is not about you 'following your heart'," He upheld. "What's that suppose to even mean," She slapped the back of her hand on her palm aggressively. Bose was becoming livid, couldn't she see what is she putting herself through?

 "This is about you being too afraid, it's about you being cautious. You're more worried about security with Noah instead of listening to that voice in your head telling you that you shouldn't go through with this " he declared, "And don't deny it, because i know you hear it". Mika's mouth gaped open ready to say that wasn't true but nothing came out. Her chest heaved trying her hardest to think of something to say that would make him understand as he spoke, "Just admit it damn it!".