Happier

Bose's p.o.v

I cursed myself for ever agreeing to come to the wedding venue with Miles. When he asked If i was interested in coming, i was actually looking for ways to say no but somehow, no, nope, no thank you, nay, nine, turned into a "Sure why not,". Before i went i made sure to chunk down a bottle of Bud Lights to get me through the day. I was going to need it if i was going to spend the day surrounded by people talking about how amazing it was going to be, how perfect Noah and Mika were for each other, and how memorable the event was going to be. Being Happy for her was one thing but helping plan her wedding was a whole other level of 'moving on'.

But i had moved on, for sure....

People all around me were busy measuring things, placing tables, hanging lights and etc. Miles was on the phone with someone so i took the opportunity to look around the venue. It was no doubt going to look exceptional when it was done. But what really caught my attention was the tulip flowers that were being brought in. I smiled to myself remembering my promposal to Mika. How everyone was line up with tulips in all her favorite colors, how absolutely mesmerizing the smile on her face was when i saw her walking to me, how i had felt when Mika kissed me after accepting my request.

"It's kind of crazy you know," I felt someone nudge my arm, it was Mika's Dad, "I always thought it'd be you two," He admitted. I looked at him surprised he'd mentioned that,i always just assumed he hated me after i broke his daughter's heart. Which is why i avoided him those times i did visit Swellview. I glanced to the side seeing Mika talking to one of the moderators, "Well, you know...life," I responded to him. He shrugged and started walking away from me and i looked behind me to see Miles leaning over a table.

Miles was in charge of booking the officiant, an easy simple task, that he was struggling with. "Sir, he's still currently in the hospitable unconscious," The woman on the other end explained. "Well just wake him up then?" Miles insisted. Why were they being so difficult? Just tap him awake! I was walking over to him when Chapa tapped his shoulder, "Tell her we have Chris Evans on the other line and he's begging to do it," She advised. 

She's so smart, that should always work!

Mika's p.o.v

After nearly 3 hours or so of planning and rearranging, we finally decided which direction we wanted to go for the whole thing. Everyone was getting ready to head out and continue their day when i spotted Bose getting car keys out of his pocket. I gripped tightly onto the invitation i was holding. I really had meant it when i had thought about inviting him before i knew he was in Swellview. I even ordered his card along with the other guest, but of course, i made sure i got it before anyone else saw it just because i was still debating with myself. 

He got ready to leave and i called out, "Bose wait up!". He stopped walking and turned back unsure if he had probably heard correctly. I took a deep breath then exhaled calming my nerves before i caught up to him. Hopefully this time i would speak in full sentences when talking. "I never gave you this," I held the invitation out to him. I put on an unhandy grin still holding the card while he inspected it for a few seconds before taking it from me. 

"Oh...Thank you," He croaked before adding, "Are you sure though?".  I wasn't sure what else to say, i didn't want him to feel unwelcomed, i wanted him to be there. But i also didn't want him to feel obligated to come.

"Yes, i want you to be there, Bose," I stated, "Unless you don't want too-"

"No!", He quickly said. I'm pretty sure he saw a quick flash of hurt in my eyes before he corrected himself. " I mean No, like, i want to be there. I just don't understand why you would want me to be there...with everything and all. I wasn't even planning on going without an invite, i really didn't want to ruin your special day," He admitted.

I realized that when i think of my wedding day, I think of being surrounded by all the people whom i love very dearly, people who've always been there for me, and people who brought me happiness just by being in my life. After all, far behind the timeline, Bose was once my happiness too.

"Are you kidding me, how could you possibly ruin a good celebration!" i insisted, "You did always use to be the life of the party", I playfully punched his arm, and the second i touched him my heart rate when up alarmingly quick. Even if it was for a split second, he made me feel flustered. "You got me there, Macklin," He cooly shrugged and i laughed. He looked at the invitation again and it seemed like he was thinking about it. Maybe it was too insensitive for me to ask him to come. But really, it would have meant a lot to me if he did.

"You know we were once friends too," I reminded, hoping he'll focus on that part. He was still quite staring at the invite.

 "Then there's no place i'd rather be," He said looking up at me with a pilot smile. 

See! Look at us interacting like mature adults! Bose looked like he wanted to say something else but i heard someone call me. I looked behind Bose to see Noah waving at me. Right! i totally forgot we had plans together after this. "That's my cue," I pointed my thumb to Noah. "Yeah seems like it," Bose stepped aside to let me through. "Bye," i disclosed making my way to Noah and Bose gave me a small wave.

Well, that went better than i hoped.

Bose's p.o.v

I watched as Mika leaped into Noah's arm for a hug and quick kiss. Noah put her down, opened the car door for her, and said something that made Mika laugh. I remember when i use to do that for her, only she looked happier with him. Unfortunately for me, i felt a slight sting. Noah waved at me before getting into the driver's seat and I gave him a nod. 

They drove off and i stood there for a moment before i started walking off to my own car, wondering if she really was happier.

"Don't leave me again," I whispered closing my eyes and enjoying this moment.

"Never," She promised doing the same.