Dad's Paintball

Bose's p.o.v

The first thing i did this morning was marked the eighth spot on my calendar with a giant X. Today was my day to chose where Mika and i went out on our special date. Only this time it would be a surprise to Mika, well at least I hope It'd be a surprise because somehow that girl can always see right through me. She wouldn't expect it today because she already had plans that I knew of but she got off earlier than usual. I was gonna take her paintballing! Even if she guessed that I choose today, she wouldn't expect paintball. I couldn't wait because she never went with Chapa, Miles, and I. She found the game to be staggering and messy. 

On Fridays, she volunteers at the daycare near Fred Lobster for extra community services hours, so after she clocked out I'll be waiting for her ready to take her out. The joyous smile that appeared on my face was inevitable when I thought of Mika taking care of those little kids and whole-heartedly being the kind, gentle and patient person she was. She'd make a really great Mom someday, even if she doesn't think so. 

Thinking of good parents, my eyes landed on the letter my Dad sent me sitting on my dresser. I put my marker down and went to pick it up skimming through it for the millionth time. I still didn't know what to do with it. I was thinking about telling Mika about it but she didn't need to be a part of whatever drama my Dad was stirring up this time. Besides, this was between me and him. Not her, not my Mom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika's p.o.v

"Okay, Tommy, Grandma's waiting for you upfront," I told the little boy as I zipped up his jacket. "Thank you, Mika," He thanked me in the most adorable little voice and gave me a quick hug. "Bye!" He waved. "Bye!" I grinned back at him. A couple of other kids passing by waved goodbye to me and i return the gesture. Kids we're just so precious. "Hey, Mika, you can go ahead and clock out now," The lady at the front desk let me know. "Thanks," i replied. 

I took my phone out to check the time while i headed over to grab my signature mini backpack. It was almost 7 p.m. Bose should be here soon if he already wasn't. I know he wanted to surprise me and all but i had already found out he choose today. So when he got here i was going to act totally surprised to spare him. I checked around the waiting room one more time and then started exiting the daycare.

Just as i had expected Bose was leaning on his car waiting for me. He fixed his posture when he saw me. Time to fake it until i make it. "Bose? What are you doing here?! I had no idea that you marked your calendar for this day at this," I  play dumb walking toward him. Bose's face fell and he started whining and shaking like one of the children at the daycare. "You knew? How?!" Bose cried out. "You talk in your sleep," I revealed giving him a quick hug which he returned. 

Bose's P.o.v

"Well, fine then. But i bet you don't know where we're going," I teased. She most likely thought we were gonna go bowling or play arcade games or go out to eat somewhere. But then i pulled out two wristbands in pazazz, "Suprise!". I handed her one and when she looked at it, it was her turn to start whining. "Paintballing,". 

"Not just paintballing, glow in the dark paintballing," I added. Why not make her first time extra special. I stepped closer towering over at her while her large nut-brown eyes peered at me not having any of it. I leaned my head down and placed my forehead on hers. "It'll be fun!" I promised. Mika didn't say anything yet but she mouthed the words fine. She walked behind me and opened the car door for herself. "You better hope I'm not any good at this because I'll be aiming for you," She joked.

That's my girl.

Mika's p.o.v

Gosh, I have never felt so alive! I hid behind an empty wall with my paint gun hanging around for my next victim, making sure my safety vest was attached right. Paint shots that had been fired glowed on the dark walls and floors shining in the reflection of the flashing led lights. I gotta say my superhero training was coming in handy. I had taken down about eight people since we've started. Bose and i were on opposite teams so i was on the lookout for him. I do hope no one had targeted him yet, if anyone was gonna eliminate him, I'd rather it be me.