Just A Little Corny

Mika's p.o.v

Our flight back home landed around 9 pm. Dad called an uber and we took Chapa home, sadly waving goodbye to her as she entered her house. It felt like the ending of a teen movie. I missed her already but although the trip was over it meant I'd be getting back to Bose. 

When the car stopped in front of our house we started taking our baggage from the trunk.  "You two get on inside, your father and I have to stop by the neighbors to brag about our trip- i mean go stop by and say hello," Mom and Dad cackled deciding which neighbor to go harass first. This didn't surprise me, they were always so competitive, It's a good thing that trait wasn't passed down to me. Miles opened the front door and I followed behind turning on the light. When i did flicker the switch on i heard the sweetest voice say, "Oh hi,".

Bose stood in the kitchen with a bouquet of flowers, under by a welcome home banner and decorative white and red hearts in the back. 

Bose's p.o.v

I was so grateful that they still left a spare key behind the little bush out front because i didn't think her parents would have been so keen on me breaking their window to enter or I may have had the cops called on me from lurking eyes. But anyways she was finally home. "Bose!" Mika and Miles exclaimed simultaneously. I was expecting Mika to be the first to come to me but Miles pushed her aside and engulfed me into a tight hug. It felt nice, I hadn't realized how much i missed my best friend. "I have missed you, buddy," He shook me. "Honestly," I hugged back tighter. This was nice, this was good.

I almost forgot that Mika was standing there admiring our bro moment. "We have so much to catch up on," Miles gave one final squeeze then let go of me heading to the other room leaving us alone.  I turned my attention back to my favorite girl, who crossed her arms at me shaking her head amused.

 "You know I'm starting to think he missed me more than you di-" I was saying before Mika cut me off with a kiss. 

I wasn't finished talking but i also I wasn't complaining. It was astonishing having her back in my arms. I didn't want the kiss to stop but unfortunately, she pulled away, smiled up at me, and hugged me instead. She was way shorter than me so her head rested on my chest and i pressed my cheek against the top of her head.  The warmth from her body surfaced a fuzzy sensation in my stomach. 

"Don't leave me again," I whispered closing my eyes and enjoying this moment. 

"Never," She promised doing the same. She let out a breath and looked up at me, leaned in, and i gave her a quick peck which she returned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika's p.o.v

Bose and i sat on the floor of my bedroom and i watched him open the gifts i got him from Maui. He looked like a little kid on Christmas morning. "A stuffed palm tree! i always wanted one!" He cheered. I loved this side of him, which was good because this was basically his only side. "Yeah, too bad it's cuter than you," I teased. There was silence and the next thing i knew he started tickling me. "NO!" i tried to catch my breath but he kept going. I laughed uncontrollably trying to get away from him. "If you keep tickling me you don't get your last gift," I warned still laughing. He immediately stopped, "Fine," he pouted. He let go of me and i picked up a small bag and unwrapped it. I nervously handed him the small box and waiting for him to open it.

I gifted him a locket that had our birthstones engraved inside. I wasn't too sure he'd actually like it. "It's a little corny i know but i thought it was cute," i shyly said. "Well we wouldn't be us if it wasn't corny," He looked at his gift and then back at me. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Now that was corny," I replied. He smiled and leaned in to place yet another kiss on my lips, "No seriously, I love it,".  

Bose's P.o.v

Mika did a little clap and we moved up to sit on her bed to get a little comfier, she wanted to watch a movie. She started setting up the TV with the movie she wanted and I moved further to the headboard so I could have something to lean on. Mika checked her phone when it started buzzing. "It's Chapa, she's freaking out over Teddy," Mika informed. "The girl she met in Maui?" I questioned. I smiled to myself trying to imagine Chapa getting all flustered over another crush. "Yeah, apparently Teddy called her and she didn't answer because she was too busy deciding wheater to say hello, hi, or hola," Mika said typing something back.

"Wow can't believe she met someone, our little girl is growing up so fast,"I started to get emotional but then I realized she was actually older than both of us. 

"Yeah it's such a cute 'Meet Cute'," Mika tossed me the remote as she came to the side of the bed to dim the light. Meat cute? What's that? A type of steak? 

"What's that?" I questioned. Mika did the cutest little squeal and curled herself up next to me.

 "A meet-cute is when a couple meets each other for the first time, it's always cute and that's just how you know they're gonna be together," she explained, "I wish we had one," she added deciding that she would rather rest her head on my lap instead. 

She looked a little bummed. What did she mean she wish we had one? We've obviously met for the first time before. I started stroking her hair looking down at her, "I mean I thought it was pretty cute when I saw you hiding behind dirty barrels fearing for our lives in a plane store,".

 Mika chuckled at the memory. "I mean I guess, but you met Chapa and Miles the same exact day in the same exact way so it was more of a group thing," She claimed. 

"But since we don't have one, the next best thing could be finding our song," Mika suggested, "And just to put it out there, we would be a horrible teen romance novel," She joked. 

I lightly laughed trying to remember if there was anything special about us. The whole meet-cute was probably bugging me a little more than it should have. Maybe I'm crazy but there was this feeling that the plane store wasn't our meet-cute, but I don't know.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mika's p.o.v

I laid on top of Bose with my head on his chest watching the movie as he rubbed my back. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. "Did you know that when you sleep your little ears curl up?" Bose kissed my ear. I softly smiled and closed my eyes warming up to him. "What time is it?" I tiredly asked. I felt him reach for his phone. "About 12 am," He answered. Twelve!? I quickly sat up looking around my room. Had it been that long? "You gotta go, you can't be here right now," I worried. My parents set a strict rule that anything we had to do it was to be over by 11: 30. Still can't believe I had a curfew at this age.

"Why?" he sulked.

"You know why? My parents are gonna kill you," I messed his hair around.

"No they won't, they love me," Bose bragged. He was right, they did, sometimes even more than me I think.

"No, but they will give you that 'i'm disappointed in you' look that'll haunt you forever," I tapped his nose. He huffed,"Fine, I'll go," he caved. " but you wanna know what I can't wait for when we get to college?" he questioned taking my hand and my stomach became flustered. He always had that effect on me. "What?" I whispered leaning in. "Never having wake up without you," he told me. I processed those words for a few moments staring into his longing eyes. I really did love him and he loved me too. I kissed his soft lips once more before saying, "Goodnight,".

---------------------------------------------

I blew Bose a kiss watching him drive off. It's funny how one person can make you so happy.