Proposals and New Beginnings

5 years later Mika Macklin found herself in the One Vanderbilt building admiring all its aspects. It was one of the tallest buildings in New York City. She occasionally loved coming here because the rooftop wasn't as busy on Saturdays, it was perfect for writing and freeing her thoughts, especially when the sun was about to set. Mika was at the front desk waiting until she saw Noah coming back.

Mika's p.o.v

I excitedly approached Noah spreading my arms out for a hug and he lifted me up. "Sorry i just had to check up on something," he said putting me down still holding me. I pulled back, "That's okay it's still early," I kissed his cheek. "Shall we, my lady?" He reached his hand out and I happily took his hand. Noah and I made our to the elevator and he pressed the button. I was glad that he wanted to come here after we had spent our night at La Grenouille, a very fancy restaurant downtown. It was my idea, Becky and I use to go there to celebrate after we took finals back when we went to school at NYU.

Noah wrapped his arms around me and a soft smile fell on my face. He always made me feel safe and protected. We met at NYU actually, our first year. Noah and I had been dating for 2 years, we first met in the library when I had to tell him to shush because his phone was making too much noise. He had apologized still trying to turn his off but for some apparent reason it kept glitching and the sound button wouldn't work. 

I was annoyed to no end because I was studying and I had found my comfort spot so I really didn't want to move. Noah was becoming frustrated and embarrassed so I grabbed the phone out of his hand, took apart the sides, removed the battery, put it back together, then handed it back to him with a sarcastic smile. 

We became friends after, started dating thrid year and the rest was history. He had made me a lot happier than I could remember being. He was my best friend and my boyfriend, two in one! I looked at what floor we were on then looked up at Noah. He was in deep thought about something so pecked his lip to get his attention. "Hey," he leaned down and rubbed our noses together. I childishly giggled then I heard a dink from the elevator.

Noah faced me, took both my hands and whispered, "I'm going to need you to close your eyes,". I felt his plans go sweaty and he was slightly shaking. "Why? Don't want any witness for when you throw me off the roof," I joked closing my eyes anyways. "Very funny, but then again i do remember you ratting me out to Becky a couple of years ago when she asked what had happened to her English textbook," I heard him laugh. I snickered back because his laugh was contagious.

 He let go of my hands, i felt him get behind me and place his hands over my eyes. The elevator doors must have opened because he started walking me out. I cracked a few lame jokes and he laughed of course even though i didn't think they were that funny. What was he so excited to show me anyways? I felt a breeze and knew we were outside the rooftop. "Just a little more," He hummed. I step forward a few more times and then he stopped me. Noah slowly removed his hands from my face but made sure to quickly add, "Don't look!". 

"I'm not!" I promised. He sounded very excited yet nervous. I kept my eyes shut waiting for the moment he tells me open it. "Um...so," He started off nervously. I held my dress down because a strong wind came by. I did a little dance as i heard him spoke. " I've been thinking about this for a long time and I'm finally ready to just come out and say it," He claimed in a shaky breath. What was the big mystery? Whatever it was i was becoming flustered not knowing why this seemed to be so important. 

"Oh yeah, i almost forget-" He cleared his throat anxiously and i heard more feverish laugher.

"I still can't see," I reminded.

"Yeah that-"He sighed contentful, "Open them,".

I didn't hesitate for a second to open them. I didn't see him when i first opened my eyes but then i noticed him underneath me. I gasped tearfully when i saw him kneeling in front of me. Noah started telling me how much i meant to him, how much he loved me and i was overall stuck between terrified, in shock, and overjoyed. "Will you marry me?" Noahs asked.

------------------------------------------------------------

Bose's p.o.v

"I won't forget," I promised my Mom on the phone. I threw another piece of clothing into my suitcase. "Willard and i will be waiting for you, we love you!" She muahed. "Love you guys too, " I said getting ready to hang up.  I put the phone down, looked to the side, and used my powers to bring my charger to me but it was tangled with my headphones. I groaned trying to untangle them. It usually took me forever to separate them and i would hate to be on the flight back to Swellview with a dead phone and no music. 

"Nipotinio, are you coming with us to the grocery store?" I heard my Grandma ask from downstairs. 

"No thank you i still have to finish packing," I replied. 

I was currently staying with my grandparents in Milan Italy for the last year and i was going back home to Swellview because i had been missing my childhood hometown for the longest time. i hadn't actually lived in swellview for nearly 5 years. I wasn't around a good 95 percent of the time because i was too busy studying at Berkeley and then i came to live with my grandparents after i was done. 

It'd be nice to get the chance to walk back into that strangely supernatural town i called home. Also, it was the perfect time because Miles had told me he would be returning as well for the summer and that made me more thrilled. I think I've only had a solid three times to see him  last year but it was never more than 3 weeks and now we got to spend 2 months or even more.

I finally untangled my charger from my headphones then flopped in bed, i didn't realize how exhausted i was. I stopped stared at the ceiling and glanced to the wall across the room. I rested my head on my pillow, brought my arms up, and rested the back of my head on my palm. It was a painting of New York City in 1975. The painting was beautiful, I tilted my head and deeply peered at it. Why did New York have to take the most beautiful things...the most beautiful people.