Good Old Days

A/N: Hello again :) I wanted to explain that from here on out when i don't write it from the characters' p.o.v it's because i want to story to be told from a non-bias point of view.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's not that it'll ruin the plans we've already made, i just hadn't expected the dates to change that's all," Mika explained. When the traffic light became green her Dad turned the corner. Noah was trying to convince Mika that they should change the date of the wedding to a week earlier. Meanwhile, her Dad was driving her over to the Willard-O'Brien residents to drop off Ceila's purse. She had left it at the very last dinner rehearsal yesterday. Mika wondered how exactly Ceila left without her bag and didn't notice until she had called her, but then again Celia wasn't the most attentive person.

"I know, but think about how much better this would be for us. It's in an outdoor setting and the wheater is so much nicer that week," Noah convinced, "Also my parents just arrived in Swellview and they wanna get out of here as quick as possible. Did you know that there's a grown man that walks around in baby clothes?" He added. "Noah," I whined ignoring the comment about 'The Toddler'. I didn't feel comfortable with changing the date. I just stopped feeling overwhelmed about the whole thing because everything was planned down to the final tip of the grass. "Mika," He whined back mocking her tone. She jerked her head at the random outbursts, they did sound alike when they did that.

Mika stepped out of the car, bag in hand, and closed the door. She gave it some thought and decided that moving the date wouldn't kill anyone. In the end, Mika agreed to it, for the mere pleasure of keeping her Noah happy. "I love you," He disclosed. "Love you too," Mika kissed the phone before hanging up.

It was nearly 10:48 when Mika rang the doorbell reading the plaque that hung on the wall. She had awaited for what she thought would be Ceila but was greeted by Bose. Why was it always him at the door? She thought he was out with Miles and that's why her brother himself wasn't home. She hadn't fully talked to Bose since she gave him his invitation. First, he stopped coming by the venue with Miles and as the date got closer she saw less and less of him at rehearsals. He recently missed the whole week. She thought about asking him why but she didn't want to seem too pushy.

The real reason Bose stopped going was that he was afraid his emotions would get the best of him. He could longer fake a smile whenever he saw her, especially when Noah was always beside her. He tried his best to avoid them both at all costs. He hoped the farther away he got away from Mika, the closer he would be to sanity.

"Hi," he welcomed her but Mika could tell he was surprised to see her here. "Hi," She politely replied. She reached her hand out giving him the bag, "Your Mom left this at dinner,".

"Oh, I'll be sure to let her know you dropped this off," He placed the bag down on the entryway table. He turned around to see that she was still standing there, biting her lower lip and picking at her fingers. "So, while I'm here, should i ask why you haven't been showing up?" She questioned. Dang it, he still didn't have a reasonable excuse so he made up the first thing that came to his mind. He rubbed his throat and said he hadn't been feeling well, which wasn't a total lie. Mika hunched her shoulder, "Oh,". They became silent for a few until Mika spoke again, "I was thinking you know. That we should hang out or just...talk," She suggested.

Something had come over Mika during their moment of silence and she suddenly got the urge to keep talking to him. No matter what happened between them, she missed when he was her best friend and it made her sick that they had ruined that part of their relationship. "Just to catch up, it's no doubt we've missed so much of each other's lives," She continued hopeful he understood what she was hinting at.

Bose leaned off the door listening to her babble. He assumed she was just making small talk to try to make him feel better and less awkward about their situation. When she saw the neutral expression he wore she instantly regretted what she said. "You know what, never mind forget i said anything," She turned her back on him walking back to the car. She felt her cheeks start to overheat from embarrassment.

Before she got any further Bose mustered up the courage to call her back, "Do you wanna do something right now?". Mika shyly turned back confused. "Like do you wanna go somewhere with me?" He shoved his hands in the pocket of his sweats. "Like where?" Mika crossed her arms curiously. "Anywhere," He responded. Mika chewed on her lip again but this time stopping a smile, slightly nodding. She turned her head back to her Dad and gestured a wave goodbye to him.

Bose peeked his head back inside and searched the entry table for keys. He grabbed his step dad's instead of his own and made sure to take a light jacket on his way out. Mika followed behind him while he waved her over to the car. He reached the passenger side and he opened the door for her. "Thank you," Mika thanked, getting into the car like royalty. Bose laughed and made his way to the other side.

When he put his seatbelt on he plugged in the aux and gestured for her to play any song she wanted, "You always did have better taste in than me,". Mika's mouth gaped and she looked at him amused. Bose always said her taste in music was 'basic'. "And you swore you did!" Mika empathized. "Yeah and you swore i had a hidden talent for playing the tuba, and we all know how that story ends," He rebuked. "Fair," Mika agreed and happily pressed the aux into place and started shuffling through her playlist.

"Oh your gonna love this," Mika insisted.

"Mika i swear anything but Ed-," Bose was starting the car but before he could finish he heard the music start playing and Mika excitedly reached out in front of her.

"I did grow out of my Ed Shreen phase by the way, but this one's especially for you," She teased and started dancing in her seat. He banged his head on the wheel rubbing his temple trying not to give her the pleasure of seeing him amused. Mika use to have an absurd obsession with 'I Don't Care' when they were younger and played it on anything she could find. He had listened to it so much that the lyrics were burned into his brain.

"Oh come on!" Mika cheered and continued singing.

"Cause i don't care!-" She held out an invisible at Bose wiggling her eyebrows and he hesitated before caving. He just couldn't resist himself.

"As long as you just hold me near-," He passionate finished the lyrics.

"You're making me feel like i'm loved by somebody," Mika sang. She loved late-night car ride sing-alongs. Yet, it was something she hadn't been able to do in forever, she forgot how fun and carefree it was.

Bose started driving and trying to keep his focus on the road but it was hard when Mika was being a distraction. He gave up trying to fight it and sang along with her as they drove to...anywhere.

They sang and laughed and started talking about the craziest things that happened to them over the years.

They felt like actual friends, not just friends, but best friends. For the first time in a long time, they were Bose and Mika again.