What On Earth Have You Done?

Chapa's p.o.v

I never understood why older people are told not to argue with children, somebody had to set them straight at some point. So that's what I was doing, I stood on the landing of the staircase going at it with one of the twin's bratty little cousins. He had it out for me ever since I got here. "That's why Santa's going to put you on the naughty list!" He yelled stomping his foot on the ground. Boy did I have news for him, "Oh yeah?" I bent down to his level. "Well Santa's not even real," I revealed watching his face turn from a frustrated pout to a hurt one. "What?" His little voice trembled. 

Just then Miles had opened his room door. His little cousin started weeping and cried, "Yes he is!" running down the stairs to the rest of the families still weeping. I proudly smirked to myself knowing I had won the argument. The smug look was wiped from my face when Miles roughly grabbed my arm and dragged me into his room quickly closing the door. 

"What the heck?!" I rubbed the arm he had grabbed me with, "Trust me your cousin deserved it!" I protested. 

"Dude there are bigger problems than you ruining childhoods," Miles started pacing around. 

"What does that mean?" I asked watching him. Miles stopped pacing, put his palms together, and brought them to his face. He was making whatever that was bothering him seem like the world was ending. 

"Bose is in Swellview for the summer," He admitted. I kid you not when i say my eyes nearly popped out of their socket. Bose was back where? Swellview? As in this Swellview? The same Swellview Mika was? "Come again?" I asked for a repeat. The last time i spoke to Bose he didn't mention coming back to Swellview at all, he didn't even hint at it. I thought he was still in Italy for a good 5 months. 

"There's more!" Miles anxiously laughed. More?! What more?!

"He'll also be here in a couple of minutes," Miles added still sarcastically laughing. I heaved slapping my hand over my mouth. Here? As in the Macklin house here? The same here Mika was? Miles's phone buzzed and he looked at it in distress. He started laughing even harder, i had enough of his fit so i zapped him and he immediately stopped. "He's here," Miles announced. Holy shit i felt like my head was about to explode. I wasn't prepared for this! They weren't prepared for this. Humanity wasn't prepared for this.

I know i sound dramatic but believe me, the last 5 years that came after Bose and Mika's brutal breakup had been surreal. The both of them had completely disconnected themselves from each other. I would say Bose started the process first because Mika was crushed when he didn't show up to say goodbye to her before she went to NYU. She lost any hope she ever had of the 2 of them being in each other's lives. Yes, they might have disconnected from each other but i find it hard to believe that deep down inside of them they still hadn't completely gotten over it.

Our heads snapped to the door when we heard the doorbell ring and Mika say she'll get it. Bose and Mika were a ticking time bomb that was about to set themselves off and all hell was about to break loose. I fearfully turned my head to Miles, "Miles Macklin," i shook my head," What on earth have you done?"

Mika's p.o.v

Noah and I were in the kitchen helping my Mom set up and he was trying his hardest to impress her. Seriously, his charm was irresistible. I friskily rolled my eyes when he made a joke that my Mom laughed at the minute she understood. 

"What did the baby corn say to the Mama corn?"

"I can tell I'm going to love this," Mom stopped wrapping the mac and cheese with tin foil.

"Where's Pop corn?" Noah laughed and My Mom shook her head cackling along.

Noah came over to me and took my hands," Oh come on that was funny!" He cuffed my cheek. "But it really wasn't," I wanted to stop my own laughter but i said, "It was corny,". Pun intended. "That's my girl," He kissed my forehead. I leaned up and gave him a little peck. He made me so unbelievably happy. The doorbell rang and i looked around to see if my Dad and uncles were gonna get it but they were too busy arguing over Uno. "I'll get it," i dramatically sighed. I kissed Noah one last time before gladly skipping off to the door. 

I wondered who else was coming? From what i knew all of my family members were here plus Chapa and her parents. Where even was Chapa? And Miles for that matter. I placed my hand on the handle and got ready to greet whoever had stopped by.  

I opened the door and when i saw who was at the other end every bone in my body had turned to jelly. I was one hundred percent sure i had stopped operating all at once. My mouth slightly hung open not knowing what to do with it. I was in shock. This wasn't possible, i must have been seeing things because out of everyone who couldn't have shown up at my front door on this very day it was him. And his eyes were peering right into my soul.

After 5 years i had come face to face with Bose, freaking, O'Brien. I swallowed a lump in my throat and tried to snap out of it. Anxious was an understatement. I cleared my throat and plastered my best 'Totally not losing it over seeing you again' smile. 

"Hi," he broke the overbearing bubble we had made for ourselves.

Bose's P.o.v

My parents went to find a parking spot and told me to take the lasagna Mom had brought inside. Note, she didn't make it, she actually made us stop by a restaurant on our way to buy it then replace the logo with tin foil to make it look like it was homemade, and personally, i think it was best for everyone that she wasn't the one who cooked it.

 So yeah, when i went over to ring the doorbell i was expecting a warm welcome from Miles or even one of his parents. Turns out i had my own little plot twist waiting for me at the door.  The fact that Mika Macklin had become even more beautiful than the last time I saw her was also not helping how tongue-tied i was becoming. I had lost all feeling in my legs and my throat immediately went dry.

i blinked a few times to make sure it was really her but my brain was still in denial. I thought she was still in New York, at least that's what Miles implied. The minute I made eye contact with her my ability to speak was ripped from me. What was i supposed to say? Running back to the car and shoving my parents out the way seemed like the best option.

We stared at each other in what I can only say was disbelief. It was when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs that I pulled myself together and finally spoke, saying the only appropriate thing I could say at the moment, "Hi".

"Hi Bose," She gripped the handle. Hearing my name come from her mouth hit me like a freak train.