Thinking of Her, Thinking of Him

Bose's p.o.v

I laid in bed that night thinking about her. After all these years, her eyes were just as i remembered.  This wasn't how summer was supposed to be this year. Seeing Mika again for the first time was screwing with my head. We avoided each other as much as possible. But then again their house wasn't big enough for the both of us to pretend like the other wasn't there. She wasn't with me right now, but i was still nervous for some reason.

Memories of Mika and i over the years flood my thoughts. I hadn't let myself think of her in ages and it was for this exact reason, if i did, i wouldn't have been able to stop myself. I admit it sometimes i thought about reaching out to her, even if i froze and couldn't speak at least i would have been able to hear her voice. The voice that used to make bring so much comfort now made my stomach turn. I also admit that i missed her, but it hurt me to my core to remember how things ended between us. We didn't end things like we were supposed to and no matter how much i regretted it, i could never go back.

'My fiancee'.

I was still nauseous from those words. It was over, it's been over, It's been real. But Mika finding happiness with someone else is what would seal the deal. Her wedding. Would i even go? Was i even invited? I kept telling myself that this was for the best that I probably wasn't and it was silly for me to get worked up over a childhood relationship.

I needed to make the best out of this situation. She was still an important part of my life and we were older now, we were supposed to be more mature. Maybe this was a good thing, a second chance for us to let bygones be bygones. To prove that we were over our breakup.

I loved Mika-i love Mika. I always will and i wanted her to be happy, no matter how she found that happiness. But the question was how did i love her? We happened so long ago so it would be crazy for me to feel the same way i did. Even if i did feel the same way, i couldn't, her heart already belong to someone else.

But i could still reminisce on what could have been of been if i had got to her before she got on that flight. Even if we did decide to end our relationship, we could have saved our friendship, now I'll never know.

Mika's p.o.v

I laid in bed that night thinking about him. Not the him i should have been thinking about, not Noah but Bose.  Couldn't he have waited at least five more years to show up. Miles is so lucky I don't feel like going to jail before I get married, how could he not tell me Bose was back in Swellview. Did this mean Bose would be at my wedding? I indeed have thought about it even before i knew he was in Swellview. Wouldn't it be rude not to invite him? But then again who invites their ex to a wedding. nonetheless, their wedding, if you ask me that's even ruder and almost insulting.

I sighed remembering Bose's laughter today. I was making my way past the backyard and i heard him laugh at something my Aunt Cherly had said and i stop in my tracks watching him from afar. His smile was softer than the last time i'd seen it and even under the circumstances, it made my heart feel a lot less heavy in that moment. I even let a small smile of my own appear, It reminded me of the time i saw him again after i came back from Maui during spring break.

Every single heartwarming memory between the 2 of us started to flood through my head. But unlike before, i was honestly happy to remember them. But then i started to feel guilty when i remembered Noah. I sat up from my bed and flipped the pillow to the other side hoping it'd clear my head.

Yes, Bose and i did have some unforgettable times. But i also remember how much him leaving me hurt. His words from that dreadful night were ringing in my ears.

"Look Mika, let's not hurt each other more than we have...."

"We're over, there is no us."

How much i cried during that summer wishing he'd forgive me and come back but he never did. I quickly took my phone from my nightstand and turned it on. I unlocked it and started scrolling through my photos to distract myself. I came across one of me and Noah last year having a picnic in central park and i instantly felt better. 

I wish he was here right now but he insisted that i stay over at my parent's house until the wedding to give me some times to spend with my family without him being the 5th wheel. I promised him he wouldn't be but he still said he felt like he needed to give me some space because once we were married he would never let me out of his sight. 

I brought the phone to my chest giving the photo a virtual hug acknowledging how much i really loved Noah. Bose and i didn't work out because Noah was the one i was meant to be with. If i really wasn't sure about our relationship i wouldn't have been so ready to spend every waking moment with him.

He didn't have to know that Bose and i use to date if no one brought it up. It was like saying you still think about your kindergarten crush. All Noah needed to know was that he was the one for me and he was the one i would share the rest of my life with, no one else. 

I turned my phone off and placed it back on my nightstand, i felt more reassured now. But it's frustrating that i had to assure myself in the first place. I flipped the pillow again and started to close my eyes until i felt myself drift off...

 " I mean we all know you two are getting married, it's a universal understanding,"

Chapa said about me and Bose the day of our senior trip. She could not have been more far off, yet a part of it still felt true.