The Great Washington Park

Mika's p.o.v

Chapa, Nathalie, and i started off at the Museum of Modern Arts. The inside was huge! The columns lined up perfectly and suited the wooden interior quite nicely. We took lots of pictures with the sculptures and paintings. My favorite one so far was of Chapa and Nathalie standing tall with their hands on their hips imitating a historic figure. Once I snapped the pic I took another one but this time with me in it. I tap send and delivered the picture to Bose. 

He had also sent me a pic of him and Miles outdoors somewhere pretending to hold up a building from the distance. I double-tapped to like it and send the cool sunglass emoji.  

The girls and I now sat on a street bench unwrapping the fresh churros we had bought from a street vendor. I opened my phone and snapped a pic of me holding one and sent it to Bose with a 'yum' sticker. He texted back, 'JEALOUS'. I laughed and made sure to save him one.

Later Bose sends a video of him carrying Kimmy on his back at what appeared to be the top of the empire state building. I smiled and messaged him back 'Lucky'. He looked like he was having a really good time but i was still missing him.

Anyways I needed to practice having fun on my own without him because I would have to try and get used to it by next school year. 

I quickly sent him a previous pic of Chapa and i making funny faces with Koalas at the zoo. Nathalie wanted to go to Circle Line Sightseeing to take more pictures by the water so that's where we went after.

---------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later Bose sent me a picture that made my heart melt. It was a video of him zooming in on himself putting up a half heart with his hand blowing me a kiss on the jumbotron in Times Square. I typed back, 'I love you more'

"I don't get it, why would they take us here? Yeah, this place has lost of 'attractions' but there isn't anything here we couldn't have done in downtown Swellview," Chapa voiced. 

"Do you always have to kill the mood," Nathalie huffed then quickly changed her attitude, engulfed Chapa in a hug, taking a quick picture with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After hours and hours of non-stop sightseeing, eating, and picture taking we finally stopped at the one place I've been dying to see, Wahington Square park. Again I was really hoping Bose was here with me because it's what I mostly talked to him about on our way to New York. I looked at the recent picture he sent me with him leaning on the side a bridge with his thumbs up. I sent heart eyes and the silly face emoji. I put my phone away and enjoyed the view.

The sun was shining, people playing chess, getting their faces painted, children played on the grass, and to top it all off the water sprinkler decors added a nice touch. I haven't even been here that long and I already never wanted to leave. I noticed Nathalie stopped walking and squinted at something in the distance before squealing, "Maria!". The group of girls she had been squinting at turned their attention to her. A girl with dirty blonde hair, a rainbow turtle neck, and demi joggers beamed at Nathalie. "Nath!" She exclaimed, both of them meeting each other in a tight hug. Chapa and I looked at each other stumped and then back at the girl Nathalie was now talking to.

We approached them and Nathalie introduced us, "Oh! Chapa, Mika, this is my cousin Maria she goes to NYU, Maria these are my friends Chapa and Mika,".

"Hello," I waved.

"Hi," Chapa politely gave a head nod.

"Oh hi! Nice to meet you," Maria greeted us with a welcoming smile. I liked her, she seemed nice. I looked behind her and noticed that I knew one of the two girls waiting for Maria. "Becky?" I questioned. Maria turned back to give them a quick smile and then back at me, "So you know Becky, what a sweetheart she is, she's been a friend of mine for a while back. She's actually touring NYU today, she got accepted," Maria informed. 

Becky applied for NYU? I thought she was going to UVA. I didn't know they were sending out acceptances this week. Suddenly an NYU flag on the side of a building caught my attention, and then another one. "Wait a minute? This is NYU?" I asked Maria, "If so the campus is literally in the middle of the city," I added.

"That's kind of the point, Manhattan is the campus," Maria empathized.

"Um hello? Did you forget that you applied here?" Chapa playfully bumped her shoulder on mine. That's right, I did. It just never occurred to me that NYU was a school I'd be interested in. "No way! Did you apply? Have you heard anything back?" Maria went on. "I haven't heard anything back but it's okay because I'm going to Montclair anyway," I stated. 

"Amazing! Congrats that's a great school," Maria congratulated.

"Thank you," I thanked.

Becky made her way over to us and managed to give a small awkward gesture which we returned. "We should get going Maria, sorry to steal her away but she offered to take me to this pretty cool college party that's happening," Becky informed, a little sarcastic on the 'Sorry'. 

"You guys can tag along if you want," Maria offered.

I was quick to try and say 'No thanks,' but was overshadowed by Nathalie and Chapa.

"Totally,"

"Sure".

I could tell Becky didn't want me to come just as much as I didn't wanna go. "Oh okay so now you're in the mood for a party," I turned to Chapa. " Stop being such a homebody," Chapa teased taking my hand and following behind Becky and Maria. 

I was hoping to actually meet up with Bose later on but I guess I'll have to wait.