Group Division

Mika's p.o.v

After my 'secret' date with Bose yesterday and finally telling him the truth it felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. I don't know what I was so afraid of? He had been nothing but sweet to me the entire night and not nearly as upset as I thought he would have been. I could enjoy my senior trip without stressing. 

I quickly got dressed after my shower and prepared myself to head off to the lobby so our trip could officially begin. I took the elevator down and when I stepped out I noticed Bose waiting for me. "Bose," I involuntarily squealed. He noticed me, I saw his face light up as he engulfed me in a hug picking me up and twirling me around. I loved when he did that, it made me feel like a kid again. 

"Good morning," I greeted taking his hand when he put me down.

"Good morning," He greeted back, "Can you believe we're in New York?" he carried on as we walked over to the rest of the students, "I know it's so exciting!" I exclaimed.

"Well look who decided to show up," Chapa said when she was coming. Bose and I greeted everyone, settling ourselves onto the couch with our friends. Which included, Miles, Chapa, Kimmy, Nathalie, Edgar, and Cleo. I was surprised to see Cleo because she wasn't the main person we hung out with but she and Chapa have been getting along quite nicely ever since they were partnered as bus buddies.

I sat on the cushion next to Miles and Bose on the top half of the sofa so he could hold me. "The teachers aren't here yet?" I asked intertwining my hands with Bose's again. "No, but I sure wish they were so we didn't have to listen to Nathalie talk about how she still didn't have a prom date," Edgar quipped. "You know I still find it hard to believe you got one before me eyebrows," Nathalie quipped.

They started arguing back and forth and Bose leaned in, "You know I like the shape of his eyebrows, I was thinking of getting mines done like that for prom," He joked. Then again i remember who my boyfriend was, "If you do that we are so breaking up," I joked back. "Okay, okay!" Miles stopped their bickering. He got up dusting off his shorts. "Nathalie, i think I've tortured you enough," He smirked. The group looked at each other perplexed. I heard a slight gasp come from Kimmy and pretty soon everyone else joined in looking behind Bose and i. 

We turned around and noticed a delivery man carrying pink glitter-filled balloons coming towards Miles. I saw that the ballons spelled out 'PROM?'

"So what do you say Mazdah? Would you give me the chance to go to prom with the girl who was once on a plane with Emma Watson?" Miles asked giving her a small bow. "Awh!" I and the rest of the girls gushed except for Chapa of course, but I knew she enjoyed this sweet moment. Nathalie squealed jumping into his arms, "Yes"! However, when she pulled away she punched his arm, "What took you so long?" she growled. Miles rubbed his arm surprised at how hard she could punch. 

We let out a few snickers amongst us. 

Bose's p.o.v

I wanted to say i knew Miles was already going to ask her but it was a complete surprise to me. You know now that I think about it maybe he did tell me, who knows? Remembering isn't really my thing.

"Okay everybody listens up," A teacher got our attention and people started making their way to the front. They announced that our groups were going to be split up by homerooms and i groaned when i heard the pattern. Why did our homeroom numbers have to be a million digits apart? This setup was definitely personal.

I raised my hand along with a few people and used the other one to stroke Mika's hair.

 "Before anyone asks, no you cannot switch groups, any other questions," The teacher pointed out. Everyone else dropped their hands but i kept mine up turning to Mika's baby pout. 

"Yes, Mr.O'brien," The teacher called.  

"May we pretty please switch groups," I called out amongst the crowd still looking at Mika. 

"No!" She declared. I dropped my hand disappointed, I was gonna miss seeing her all day.

Mika was just as disappointed as i was. "Are you kidding me? This was supposed to be our day," she dropped her forehead onto mine. " I know," I agreed. She sighed, "Well we can still send each other lots of pictures or even facetime," she recommended. "Think of it as practicing for college," She claimed. I was gonna say that it wouldn't be the same but then i felt like that would have made her feel bad because deep down i was referring to us having to call each other instead of seeing each other during our first year. So instead i said, "Okay,". She kissed my cheek and started catching up with the others.