Senior Trip

Mika's p.o.v

I was sitting in my living room with my suitcase and made sure my clothes were perfectly folded while Chapa sat on the couch painting her toenails. She had already packed a week before and i would have too but this whole waiting to hear back from colleges was keeping me busy. "I'll tell him today, right before we get on the bus," i continued my conversation with Chapa. "Sure you will," she said focusing more on her toes than me. 

"If you think about it, i made the right choice waiting until i heard back from Montclair before i said anything, so now when i do tell him, it won't be so bad," I heavily said putting a bottle of lotion into my suitcases side pocket.

 I picked up my white 'I heart new york' t-shirt to show Chapa, "What do you think? I wanna look like i local," I brought the shirt up to my neck. I really liked it. 

"Yeah a local dork," Chapa insulted it chuckling. I sadly looked at the shirt one more time, okay maybe it was kind of over the top. I bunched it up and threw it aside. I went back to folding my clothes. "You know if you really don't want it to sound so bad you should break the news during your daily 'Snogging' sessions. It'll be hard for him to be upset when you're chewing his face," Chapa advised. 

"First of all, the way you said snogging is insulting to anyone British, and 2nd of all, I'm not sure i can kiss him until it's time for us to part ways this summer," I pointed out. Chapa chuckled blowing on her toes a final time before she sat up. I looked around and tried to decide which item i was gonna bring. Did i even remember to pack shoes?

"Well here's another piece of advice, you can always, you know, jump bases," she whispered the last line wiggling her eyebrows as if she had just said something forbidden. I immensely started blushing, "Here's another piece of advice, stay outta my busyzness," I stretched the last part jokingly. I just didn't think I was totally ready to jump bases and besides, "Marriage sounds much more promising," i patted my clothes. "Does it really matter in your case? i mean we all know you two are getting married, it's a universal understanding," Chapa expressed. 

"We'll just see how it goes," I let a small smile appear on my lips when she mentioned Bose and i getting married but then my lips curled into a smaller frown instead. A couple of weeks ago if you would have asked me if i was sure about our future together, i would have one hundred percent told you that it was he and i against everything. But now i found myself doubting whether or not that was still the case.

"Let's go ladies! Miles already left so unless you wanna miss the bus, speed it up," My Dad hollered from outside. 

Bose's p.o.v

"What is in here?!" Miles struggled to help me push my luggage around the buses outside of school. "This is only my hair products," I grunted pushing the suitcase further, "We still need to go back for the rest of my things,".

Miles had enough and dropped it. Rude much? "Hair products? Really?" He judged me placing his hands on his hip. Hello! Does he not understand how important it is that i maintain my lushes locks? "Hey, your sister was the one that snitched on me for importing illegal hair gel from China," i reminded. It would have been a lot less heavy if i would have gotten my simple container of whale parts. "Speaking of Mika, where is she and the rest of the girls," Miles asked. 

I looked around to see if i could spot anyone of them and in the mix of kids getting on buses, taking selfies, and carrying suitcases. I only saw Kimmy and she was talking to Joshua with a love-struck look in her eyes holding a teddy bear. I nudged Miles to look over at them. He must have asked her prom. Good for her, but i hope she watches her back because his ex Travis was kind of a psycho for him.