十三

The ivory white Italian tiles of Jungkook's house had transformed into bloody red; the culprit of the scene lying on the now-crimson beige sofa. Maybe it was because of the loss of blood, but Taehyung looked so pale in Jungkook's eyes who was standing far away from Taehyung while the doctor patched him up. 

Jungkook had transgressed all his laws in order to save Taehyung's life. For the time being, he didn't care if the committee found out that he messed with the rogues or that he called the doctor to treat an injured person.

He fixed his posture as he noticed the doctor stand up. He knew exactly why the doctor was giving him looks but he was too curious about his companion's state than worry about the doctor's distaste towards him.

"The flesh would take time to grow back so I've stitched up the wound to help it heal faster. Although he has lost a lot of blood so his body is very weak right now, the right type of diet would be helpful" The doctor spoke nonchalantly as he removed his surgical gloves. Jungkook nodded as he handed him the fee.

"Seems like he was brutally attacked by a vicious monster. Wonder how he survived with that big of a wound" The doctor spoke as he looked back at his patient. The tone of his words wasn't anywhere close to pity or sympathy, although of curiosity and suspicion.

"Who is he to you, Jungkook?" Of course, Jungkook knew this question would come up since this man standing in front of him wearing a white coat indicating his occupation as a doctor and thick round glasses was none other than the brother of his rival Eun-sang.

"It is pretty much none of your business, Lee Ho-jun but thank you for your help" Jungkook spoke blandly as he walked towards the door, opening it for Ho-jun who glared at him but left.

Jungkook sighed as he sat beside the unconscious Taehyung and looked at him with a uniform gaze. There were many blunders flashing in front of his eyes. He knows that his father and brother would get to know about the rogue incident, he knows Ho-jun would report about Taehyung and his injury to his brother which would put his chances of becoming the pack leader in danger, but everything felt so blurry and hazy as he looked at Taehyung's bandaged stomach, splotches of blood appearing over the dressing.

"I should have never helped you. I should have never let you stay here" Jungkook spoke as he ruffled his hair out of frustration.

"Now look what you've gotten yourself into" He sighed as he pulled the blanket over Taehyung's frail body and stood up, taking his own tired body inside the kitchen, searching for something healthy for Taehyung to eat.

___

Taehyung's head was woozy as he tried to stand up but ended up falling on the couch because of the tremendous pain in his lower abdomen. He fluttered his eyes open as he looked at his bandaged stomach. 

"Fuck. It hurts" He grunted. His throat was feeling nettlesome and he desperately wanted some water. He looked around him to realize he was in Jungkook's home, resting on his "bed". He heard some commotion coming from the kitchen and assumed Jungkook was filling himself up.

"Jungkook? You there?" He called and suddenly the rustling stopped as brisk footsteps could be heard. Then popped up Jungkook's head in front of his eyes, an expression of worry he had never seen painted over his face.

"You're awake?!" The shrill voice made Taehyung's head hurt, he was running low on blood and he definitely didn't want to hear someone speaking so loud in his ear after waking up.

"Can you just bring me some water?" He said in a whisper and it barely reached out to Jungkook but he understood and went inside the kitchen to get him some water.

Jungkook forwarded the glass of water towards Taehyung who just gave him a dead expression.

"Jungkook, do you comprehend that I'm injured and I can't possibly stand up on my own?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook gulped as his hands started trembling. His action didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung, who understood the reason behind Jungkook's inability to help him.

It was because Jungkook was scared to touch him and Taehyung perfectly knew why. He sighed as he took the glass of water from Jungkook's hand and with immense difficulty, ended up resting his head on the armrest. He drank the water and handed the glass to Jungkook who spoke nothing and sat down on the armchair laid out beside Taehyung.

Jungkook had so many things that he wanted to say, but even the simplest words appeared like a burden to him. Limitless words in the dictionary and yet he couldn't find the right word that was needed to be spoken right now.

And, Taehyung was not so fond of this deafening silence surrounding them. "Food...is the food ready?" He asked and Jungkook tardily looked at him before nodding his head and standing up.

The food was laid out on the coffee table as Taehyung constantly bored his eyes through it. He whipped his head towards Jungkook who was serving him soup in a bowl.

"I never learned in school that readymade tomato soup and raw bread were healthy for an injured person" Taehyung taunted, making Jungkook stop and look at Taehyung.

"This is the only thing I know how to make, except ramen and I thought this was healthier than that" Jungkook spoke making Taehyung's insides cry out of frustration, but still ended up taking the bowl of soup in his hands.

They ate in silence until Taehyung decided to interrupt the peaceful supper.

"So...why did you do it, Jungkook?" He asked, making Jungkook flinch. He looked down at the woolen rug, gawking at it as if it would teach him some new words that could be used right now.

Few seconds passed and Taehyung still didn't get an answer, so he started slurping his soup again.

"I see. You don't trust me enough to tell me" He nonchalantly said and what was Jungkook supposed to say because what Taehyung said was true.

After "dinner" was over, Taehyung laid down again, wanting to go back to sleep immediately but he was halted by Jungkook.

"You can't sleep here, it would be bad for your wound" Jungkook said and Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"So you want me to sleep outside, in the snow?" Taehyung brazenly said and expected Jungkook to get irritated by it but was surprised by the reactionless face of Jungkook.

"You...can sleep in my room" Jungkook said and Taehyung's eyes widened.

"Seriously?! But isn't that rule number 5?" Taehyung exclaimed.

"I know. But you're wounded...because of me, so we'll ignore the rules for now" Jungkook said and Taehyung couldn't perfectly grasp what Jungkook was trying to imply.

"So you and me? Sleep together?" Taehyung scoffed.

"No way. I'll sleep here" Jungkook spoke, rolling his eyes. 

"I'll accept your offer since I'm mad at you and it would be nice to see you suffer, even if it's a little bit" Taehyung said and immediately got up, forgetting about his wound, but the sudden pain reminded him, making him scream.

Jungkook grabbed his chest to support him so that he wouldn't fall. "What t--are you trying to do?!" He chided as he helped Taehyung stand up with his support.

"I forgot I had a wound" Taehyung chuckled embarrassingly as he removed Jungkook's hand from his chest.

"Alright. I'll be going to sleep now. Good night" Taehyung said and turned to walk upstairs but Jungkook grabbed his hand.

"You think you can climb the stairs with that wound?" Jungkook said so calmly that it irritated Taehyung.

"So what are you trying to suggest?" He rudely asked.

"To carry you"