二十二

Jungkook was tired.

Oh, he was so tired going through a single aisle 10 times and then coming back to it after checking another one. Grocery shopping turned out to be more tiresome than the carnival.

Taehyung felt like Wonder Woman; unstoppable. He could see a very posh breakfast, lunch, and dinner in various forms showcased in the shop. He's scared that he'd need another cart at this point. He's also simultaneously checking Jungkook's face to notice any shift of expressions so that he can conclude his shopping limit, and up to now, Jungkook was only tired, not angry, so he was pretty happy.

Actually, Jungkook was just trying to act kind(?) because of the behavior he presented in the parking lot, but even he doesn't know how long he can handle this, since Taehyung is just dumping everything that looks cute.

"Is this your first time coming to a shopping mall?" Jungkook asked with no change of tone in his voice, walking behind Taehyung, who was too busy looking at cereal boxes, but fortunately heard the question.

"Kind of! I once came here with my mom when I was young to buy some readymade food and I was so fascinated by everything that was up on the aisles. I requested my mom to take some of those boxes home but she said she was too short to reach there and that she'll get those for me some other time but in reality, we didn't have that much money to get them. After that, I never got a chance to come back, at least not with her" Taehyung spoke, scanning his eyes through the counters, not wanting to show his teary eyes to Jungkook, who still understood the pain Taehyung felt but didn't say anything.

It didn't take Taehyung much time to get back into his cheery mood as he rushed to the sale section, Jungkook trying to keep up with Taehyung's pace but failing perfectly. Taehyung quietly squealed as he looked at the bath products displayed for his eyes.

"Oh my god, Jungkook. Can I buy these? Please?" He hopped a little as he looked at Jungkook with pleading eyes. Jungkook, so badly, wanted to roll his eyes and deny, yet ended up nodding and averting his gaze from Taehyung who had vanished into thin air, dumping everything inside the cart.

Jungkook just sighed as he leaned over one of the aisles, looking at Taehyung dumping the bottle of body wash inside his cart before a woman could grab it. He could feel himself slipping into space while staring at Taehyung but fortunately, he was brought back to earth by Taehyung, who came running towards him.

"Come on, we need to leave before those women come and grab my hair because I stole stuff from their cart!" Taehyung whisper-shouted at Jungkook, who widened his eyes when Taehyung grabbed his hand and got him away out of there.

Taehyung was blabbering nonsense but Jungkook's eyes were stuck on their tangled hands. Taehyung had his hand curled over Jungkook's tightly, while Jungkook's hand stayed loose in his grasp. He cautiously tightened his grip on Taehyung's hand. He looked at Taehyung, who suddenly stopped talking. Jungkook was about to retreat his hand back but heard Taehyung start talking again, so he let it be; their hands tightly intertwined with each other.

Thank god, Taehyung's face was in the front, otherwise, Jungkook would have seen how blushy and happy he looked. He doesn't know why the fuck he's so happy just by holding hands with this inexpressive bastard who just yelled at him in the parking lot, but he is. He is so fucking happy that his heart is beating thousands of beats in a second.

It was as if he never wanted to stop walking and talking just so Jungkook would not take his hand away from his, but unfortunately, they had to, since Taehyung had some shopping to do.

Taehyung turned towards Jungkook, who flinched, taking his eyes off their hands and putting his expression-less expressions on his face. He quickly withdrew his hand away from Taehyung's grip, waiting for the other to speak.

"Umm...I feel bad for shopping by myself, do you have something that you want to buy?" Taehyung scratched his head, trying to hide his blush as he spoke.

Jungkook decided to say no but then ended up nodding his head.

"I wanted to buy some clothes" He blandly muttered out and Taehyung's eyes lit up with excitement.

"OMG! I totally forgot about clothes!" He said and rushed towards the clothing section, while Jungkook just stared at Taehyung, wishing he'd take his hand and drag him with him.

__

Taehyung eagerly anticipated the choice Jungkook would make as he looked through the clothes. Albeit, his excitement died as he saw Jungkook selecting a plain black polo t-shirt and denim jeans.

"These again?!" He exasperated as Jungkook whipped his head towards Taehyung, frowning.

"Come again?" He asked.

"I mean, you already have dozens of black t-shirts and jeans. I literally see you wear them every day. You need a splash of color in your closet!" Taehyung complained as he snatched the clothes in Jungkook's hand and put them back. Jungkook was about to murder someone but all his murderous thoughts got blocked as Taehyung took his hand in his and pulled him to another section.

The colors hurt Jungkook's eyes as he looked at the clothes colored different shades of bright tones like yellow, pink, and green.

"Ain't no fucking way I'm buying or wearing these" Jungkook growled as he looked at Taehyung who stood unfazed, taking stuff out.

"Here" Taehyung dumped the clothes in Jungkook's arms "Go and try them out!" He spoke as he pushed Jungkook into one of the trial rooms.

Jungkook thought about getting out without trying them out and telling Taehyung that they were shit but then he heard Taehyung's voice from outside.

"Don't even think about coming out without wearing them and telling me they're shit, okay?!" He sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

He doesn't even know why he's not angry with Taehyung ordering him around like that, and so he ended up trying them out.

He wanted to look in the mirror and see how it looks on him but his conscience didn't let him. He contemplated for a while and the only outcome that he could foresee was letting Taehyung judge his outfit.

He sighed as he opened the door and clearing his throat to get Taehyung's attention, who gasped with contempt as soon as he looked at Jungkook.

"Oh my god! You look so handsome, Jungkook!" Taehyung exclaimed not even realizing that he just complimented Jungkook, who stood blinking, trying to process his words.

"Okay" He spoke as he got inside the trial room, slamming the door before him. Taehyung was confused if he said something wrong for Jungkook to slam the door shut but shrugged it off figuring that that's just the way Jungkook is.

Only if he could see what was happening inside the closed room, Jungkook furiously blushing in the dark as he frowned at the giddy feeling he felt in his heart.

He sighed as he hurriedly took the clothes off and wearing his navy blue t-shirt back.

"This is all your fault" He said furiously, pointing at the clothes but still ended up deciding to buy them all.

He got out of the trial room, clearing his throat and wearing his bland expressions over his face again.

"Shall we head home now?" He flatly asked as Taehyung nodded in response.

They paid for everything and headed towards the parking lot, Taehyung babbling how exciting the whole day was and how he wished to come back.

"Oh, my, my~ Are boyfriends out on a date today?" They stopped in their tracks as they heard the voice echo in the empty parking lot.

And oh the way Jungkook's hands automatically curled into fists was frightening as he clenched his jaw and turned towards the person who just called out for their death.

"Eun-sang"