二十一

The carnival had been joyous chaos for Taehyung and he was still not over the "fair high". Everything was running vividly through his mind, even the guy they had encountered in the end.

Even if Jungkook had given his explanation to him, there's a lot that he still doesn't know. He's in conflicts because he doesn't have any valid reason to ask Jungkook about it, yet he wants to know about it, in the hope to know more about Jungkook.

He opened the kitchen cabinets only to have himself stare at the empty jars and container. He sighed as he mounted upstairs.

"That's it. He needs to go shopping" 

"Jungkook! You need to go grocery--" The golden knob loosely slipped off of Taehyung's grip as he dumbfoundedly stared at the sight displayed in front of him. He pursed his lips together, pressing harshly on them, a red shade appearing on the sides of his lips; his eyes blinked rapidly in confusion and partially in amazement; his eyebrows were slightly raised and anyone present in the room could have described his actions in one sentence.

He was shamelessly gawking.

Why not? His landlord(?) was standing in front of him, his navy blue t-shirt halfway down his neck, covering his head and half of his shoulders. Although he couldn't see anything, he could definitely sense that someone had entered the room and wanted to speak something but stopped abruptly. And that someone would be none other than Taehyung, judging by the familiarity of his voice that Jungkook heard.

As on the other side, Kim Taehyung was observing himself experience a strangling situation, a situation of speak or silence. The words that were about to come out as a partial command were somehow stuck right between his throat and chest as he gazed at Jungkook's agile body, definitely a body expected from an alpha. 

Taehyung gulped his saliva down as he felt himself in dilemma; if he spoke up, he won't be able to successfully drown himself in a good body, and if he didn't speak up, he'd probably be caught and maybe killed?

As if on cue, or for his help, Jungkook spoke up.

"Taehyung? Is that you?" His words were half-muffled as he spoke while pulling his shirt down, finally looking at Taehyung who had his back facing him. It confused Jungkook but he let it slide, assuming Taehyung was respecting his privacy.

Only if he knew that Taehyung couldn't face him because he was too embarrassed to and he didn't want Jungkook to see his extremely red face.

"I-I was just saying that you need to do some grocery shopping, we have nothing to eat for breakfast today" Taehyung muttered out, trying to sound calm and unbothered but his palpitating heart was making it difficult.

The last time he saw Jungkook bare-chested was the day he saved him, where it all started. He wouldn't lie by saying he wasn't fascinated by his body that day, but to be blushing so wildly and having his heart beat so crazily? He never thought he'd feel something like this looking at Jeon Jungkook.

"...Okay. I'll get it" Jungkook spoke aloofly as if he already had his mind filled with other thoughts to properly answer Taehyung.

"And, please bring jasmine rice this time, I can't glutinous rice for sushi since they'll stick to the sushi mat" Taehyung delivered and was about to get the fuck away from there but Jungkook's upcoming words paused him.

"Then why don't you come too?" Jungkook spoke with the straightest and calmest voice he could.

Taehyung's eyes immediately widened with shock and excitement as he forgot about Jungkook's buff chest and filled his mind with getting an opportunity to go outside, and that too, for grocery shopping.  

"Can I?! Can I?!" Taehyung asked excitedly, jumping a little, and looking at Jungkook with big, starry eyes.

Although Jungkook hadn't shown the slightest of change in his expression, he nodded in agreement and sent Taehyung rushing downstairs to get his things ready.

Jungkook immediately whipped his head towards the opposite side, trying to hide the slight blush on his cheeks, from Taehyung and himself.

__

Upon coming downstairs, Jungkook was worried to find Taehyung nowhere to be present. He was about to search the whole house up but noticed that his car keys were not at their place too. He walked outside and flinched to see Taehyung already sitting inside the car, a heap of fabric shopping bags resting in the back seat.

Jungkook's forehead vein popped with anger as he glared at Taehyung, almost shouted at Taehyung but surprisingly halted as he saw Taehyung smile and wave at him.

"Come on! We're gonna be late!" Taehyung yelled from inside the car, a chuckle leaving subsequently to the sentence.

Jungkook just sighed as he complied with Taehyung's enthusiasm, seating himself inside the car and leaving without saying a word.

He never understands his maneuver when he's with Taehyung; he always does the exact opposite thing of what he thinks, and it always makes him uneasy wondering if he'll put himself and Taehyung in some kind of danger but despite his rational thoughts, his uncanny feelings conquer over his consciousness.

And he always ends up with Taehyung.

But the fact that stuns him the most is that he doesn't hate it, even though it's always Taehyung and nobody else.

When did he even get attached to him like this?

He put a barricade over his nonsense thoughts as he parked the car. Before he could even speak a word, Taehyung had already gotten out of the car.

That was the last straw for Jungkook.

He immediately got out of the car and harshly grabbed Taehyung's hand, shocking him in the process. Before Taehyung could speak or yell, a hand was enforced over his mouth, muffling his sounds. Taehyung just looked at Jungkook with wide eyes, feeling his back colliding with a wall.

"Listen, I don't know if you're trying to trigger me to be brutal with you or you think you've gotten close enough to me to behave this way, but fucking behave and follow the rules. Didn't I tell you not to run around and be by my side all the time?" Jungkook growled, pressing his hand harder on Taehyung's mouth.

"Nod if you understand" He commanded and Taehyung complied so.

Jungkook took a deep breath as he let go of his grip from Taehyung. Taehyung silently stepped away and walked away from Jungkook, who looked at his retreating figure.

He knew everything was gonna go downhill from here, that Taehyung would make him food, pick his plate up, eat, and sleep on the couch like he used to, that he'd have to go back to bringing someone home every night.

But that's what he wanted all along. He did not want anyone intruding on his personal space and in his life, and Taehyung wasn't an exception. He just happened to tell everything to Taehyung because that guy asked too much, but that's it; not like Jungkook felt Taehyung was someone special.

Yet his hands were trembling as he had his eyes stuck on Taehyung's back, a heavy feeling seeping through his chest. He wanted to dash towards Taehyung and apologize and at some point he wanted everything to be back to square one since it was better that way.

He recoiled as he saw Taehyung stop and turn to look at him.

"What? Why are you standing there? Didn't you tell me to stay by your side all the time? We have a lot to buy and we won't get the rice if you'd just stand there and do nothing. I saw the board about the sale of bath products! We need to get them asap!" Taehyung spoke in the most Taehyung way as he walked back towards Jungkook, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the building.

All Jungkook could do was bewilderedly stare at Taehyung and suppress his urge to throw his trembling body over Taehyung's and hug the death out of him.